A few questions

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Amsterfan

A few questions

Post by Amsterfan »

Hi,

I am visiting Amsterdam for the 4th time this March. I'll be there from the 10-19th march this time so a bit longer than usual. I've got a few questions I am hoping someone could help me with!

- How crowded is Amsterdam at this time? In particular the coffeeshops?
- Are the moonrocks worth it, for the 'experience'?
- Has anyone stayed at the Krasnapolsky? Anywhere to smoke? Reviews?
- What's the best strain at this moment in Amsterdam in your opinion?
- I'm going with my girlfriend, any nice places we should visit?

Hoping to find some nice hash as well as I usually smoke bud but still haven't tried the Amsterdam stuff, what should I get?

Also:

Where are the best places to smoke outdoors? I like Vondelpark but somewhere different would be nice!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hope this is in the right forum sorry if it's not... I'm new here!

Cheers

Buffalostints

Re: A few questions

Post by Buffalostints »

the popular ones like barneys grey area etc will probably be crowded as usual in march there should be a little less going on than in lets say summer!

is fine dining worth it for the experience ? for one its a carrot with a piece of truffel for the other its the experience of a life time.....

no way to fancy haha i dont think you can smoke in there tough

nobody can tell you that unless they have tried every single one in amsterdam which is impossible (ask gapie he tried :)
all depends what you like sour fruity kushy earthy sweet etc sativa or indica ....a must get for me is always the fromage blue from voyagers,,,

there are so many
the electric ladyland museum
niewe kerk
olde kerk
begijnhof
nemos terrace for a great view
the i amsterdam sign behind the ryksmuseum
puccini chocolates
the zoo
the heineken experience
the bols cocktail museum and bar
a canal boat tour
damrak
the banana bar :twisted:

Hoping to find some nice hash as well as I usually smoke bud but still haven't tried the Amsterdam stuff, what should I get?

alot of block hashes around at the moment ,,,,i would say a safe bet for me is always rifman hash from dampkring!

Also:

Where are the best places to smoke outdoors? I like Vondelpark but somewhere different would be nice!

many other parks around town
i usualy spliff up wherever i am aslong there aint no kids/families etc around,,,
a bench by the canal
a few coffeeshops / smoker friendly bars have year around outdoor seats .....bulldog palace for exsample.

safe trip!
Amsterfan

Post by Amsterfan »

Thanks for the quick reply mate!

I'll definitely check out some of those places - done all the main touristy stuff already, so it's nice to see the 'hidden gems'.

In regards to the weed, I'm a fan of the fruity flavours, perhaps a nice kush. Don't get the greatest variety back home. :(

Might try Westerpark this time...
Buffalostints

Post by Buffalostints »

well id try grey area voyagers green place 1le hulp utopia maybe barneys.....ask the budtender to smell the weed before ya buy and trust youre nose and youll find what you are looking for!
Buffalostints

Post by Buffalostints »

hidden gems banana bar is a must :mrgreen: :wink:
Amsterfan

Post by Amsterfan »

They're all already on the list :D The mrs has no idea what she's in for :lol: :lol: :lol:

Banana bar does look... interesting... :shock:
Devore

Post by Devore »

I'm there at the same time(12th - 14th). If you wanted a T&T sometime/somewhere just PM me.

Peace,
Dev
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Amsterdam is getting more and more visitors every year, and a shrinking population of coffeeshops. Popular coffeeshops in the center will assuredly be (often) busy and packed during this time, as will most of the center in general. Also don't be surprised if the worthwhile coffeeshops outside the center are often busy, Boerejongens/Bij are prime examples, long lines are abundant especially during post-work rush hour.

A big fat NO, find concentrates (check out Ambrosia Extracts), smoke weed generate your own grinder kief and then just make your own.

No sorry can't help ya on this one.

Subjective question. For the value you can't go wrong with hazes. I'd say look at Voyagers or maybe an Amsterdam Genetics shop, other than that for the king bee answer, the best stuff ain't in no coffeeshp :wink:

I'd love to offer my thorough assistance on this one, but need some more specifics on what it is you're looking for here. Restaurants? nightlife/pubs? Museums? Outdoor recreation?

I'd say some Boerejongens block-hashes for potent, good-value, new-school hash. And then maybe Bluebird for black asian hashes/charas, and lastly if you make a westward CS crawl then stop by either Flashback or Massawa for some good classic Moroccan hash.

Also:

Where are the best places to smoke outdoors?

Yeah I'm kinda over the whole parks outdoor in Amsterdam. At the end of the day, the parks are kinda just like any other urban park and that's not unique to Amsterdam. What's unique to Amsterdam is the picturesque canal-lined streets and uniform quaint architecture and perhaps more importantly toleration (not legality) of consumption on the streets. That said, I recommend finding any picturesque, sun-laden spot alongside the canals of the "grachtengordel" and popping a squat to skin one up and take in the city.

Parks are only good for BBQing on a sunny day, which BTW 420 crew I hope you read this, BBQs have been banned from the Vondelpark, so any such outing we hope to have will have to me moved to another park. I would say Rembrandt, Ooster or Flevo parks are all good bets which I'm pretty sure all still allow BBQing.

Hope that helps!
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

I've stayed as the Kras many times, I always smoked in my room and never had a problem. The corridors often stink of weed.
Just keep the Do Not Disturb sign on your door throughout your stay and you won't have a problem.
I haven't stayed there for 4 or 5 years, I now only stay in apartments, but I doubt much has changed.
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

Amsterfan wrote: Sun 5th Mar 2017 10:04 pm Hi,

I am visiting Amsterdam for the 4th time this March. I'll be there from the 10-19th march this time so a bit longer than usual. I've got a few questions I am hoping someone could help me with!
This May will be my 12th annual Hajj, and my 15th trip in total.

DeLekkersteNUGS16 is right, more crowded every year. Chill spots can be found, Greenplace, 420, Abraxas, 1eHulp, etc.fore example
DeLekkersteNUGS16 is right, no not really
Don't know
DeLekkersteNUGS16 is right here too. I sure hope to find Shoreline when I go in May. Try Greenplace for this one, also great hash there.
Try the iAmsterdam pass and go to as many free or cheap things that look good. Canal boat tours, entrance to Oude Kerk and Nieuwe Kerk, Museums, Hortis Botanicus, Artis (Zoo), many options

Greenplace

Also:

I stay at the Bulldog Hotel because they have an outside space in front of both the hotel and the adjoining Smartshop where you can smoke outdoors. They also have a rooftop patio for guests.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Hope this is in the right forum sorry if it's not... I'm new here!

Cheers
I agree with DeLekkersteNUGS16
He who tries to shine dims his own light
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

Amsterfan wrote: Sun 5th Mar 2017 10:30 pm Thanks for the quick reply mate!

I'll definitely check out some of those places - done all the main touristy stuff already, so it's nice to see the 'hidden gems'.

In regards to the weed, I'm a fan of the fruity flavours, perhaps a nice kush. Don't get the greatest variety back home. :(

Might try Westerpark this time...
Then you wil LOVE Shoreline
Waldo Swan

Post by Waldo Swan »

ed the head wrote: Mon 6th Mar 2017 06:57 pm
Amsterfan wrote: Sun 5th Mar 2017 10:04 pm I sure hope to find Shoreline when I go in May. Try Greenplace [/color]
Mate, me and you are on the same page. Will soon be back in the dam at the same time and certainly hope to find this strain. Got it at the Green Place in 2014 and it was the tops! Loved the taste and the head sativa high. Hey! Wanna smoke together PM me! I realize this is all subjective and different people have different tastes and experiences, but we are obviously on the same page here. WHERE IS THE BEST SHORELINE AT THE MOMENT?!?1

Thanks,

Waldo Swan
I come in peace. Take me to your pizza!
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

Waldo Swan wrote: Tue 7th Mar 2017 02:50 am
ed the head wrote: Mon 6th Mar 2017 06:57 pm I sure hope to find Shoreline when I go in May. Try Greenplace
Mate, me and you are on the same page. Will soon be back in the dam at the same time and certainly hope to find this strain. Got it at the Green Place in 2014 and it was the tops! Loved the taste and the head sativa high. Hey! Wanna smoke together PM me! I realize this is all subjective and different people have different tastes and experiences, but we are obviously on the same page here. WHERE IS THE BEST SHORELINE AT THE MOMENT?!?1

Thanks,

Waldo Swan
Hi Waldo - Last May was my last trip. At that time I could find Shoreline at Greenplace and 1eHulp only. My trip this year starts May 12 for 10 days. If you are in town would love to meet up. Let me know.
wellred99

Post by wellred99 »

A bit late to this... I've stayed at the NH Grand Krasnapolsky. The breakfast buffet there is nice and there is a nice bar too. 3 pin power plugs too.

A few recommendations on places to eat:
PJs Donuts, Harewoods Donuts
Restaurant Red (good steak)
Kaasland - they do a fantastic custard filled croissant.
Van Stapele Koekmarerijj - amazing double chocolate cookies with a white chocolate praline in the middle. They are made right there and will be warm as soon as bite into it.
Pane Olio - had one of the nicest pastas I've ever tasted here. It's a small family run place not far from Grey Area.
Il Pacioccone - more great Italian food. A bit more expensive but worth it imo.