New Coffeeshops

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Lemming
Site Admin

New Coffeeshops

Post by Lemming »

Some more positive signs of late. It looks like the authorities have noticed the queues at the surviving shops and are realising they've closed too many.

Several shops in prominent locations remain empty (as far as I know). The likes of Baba, Stone's Corner, Rastababy and Rokerij II look to be prime spots and yet no other business has moved in. Could there be a chance that the authorities will relent and re-open these in some form or am I (Home Grown) fantasising?

One time centre of town Warmoesstraat is now a string of smoker's bars with only Babylon as a source of supplies for the punters. Rather than being gentrified it just looks run down.

Meanwhile, alongside the closures we've actually had a few new shops opening well out of the centre:

Bulldog Port 26
Way out in Westpoort with lots of parking, this is clearly a pick-up shop.

Funny People 2
Near NDSM Wharf, this one is not quite so isolated.

Roots
Near Amsterdam ArenA, I'm not sure whether this one has actually opened yet.

Join Us 2
In the outskirts of Haarlem, I think this is the newest shop. Thanks to Ftcarer for bringing it to my attention.

I've called this one Join Us 2 but its website calls it simply Join Us and makes no reference to the original Join Us at the Theehuis. Ftcarer said the old shop is being renovated so I wonder whether it's been taken over and will re-emerge with a new name.

There have been a few changes of ownership in Haarlem recently with Hunter's taking over Key West and Maximillian taking over Easy Going. Ftcarer also referred to Maximillian High Times so it sounds like they might have taken over there too.

free_phil_spector

Re: New Coffeeshops

Post by free_phil_spector »

Lemming wrote: Fri 10th Mar 2017 11:49 amThe likes of Baba, Stone's Corner, Rastababy and Rokerij II look to be prime spots and yet no other business has moved in.
Baba is now a bar/steakhouse, Stone's is a restaurant (or looks like it from the outside)
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Shame. The Rokerij spot was golden.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

free_phil_spector wrote: Fri 10th Mar 2017 05:36 pmBaba is now a bar/steakhouse, Stone's is a restaurant (or looks like it from the outside)
Thanks for the update.
xxSLOTxx

Post by xxSLOTxx »

I'm going to the ArenA tomorrow, where abouts is roots? Will have a look and review if it's open
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

It's supposed to under the metro station, under the bridge from ArenA. See the ACD page and zoom in the map.