May I receive a hash primer, please?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Nuggz

Re: May I receive a hash primer, please?

Post by Nuggz »

As far as I know, gardella/gaardella/jardella (and bastardizations of this word henceforth) etc. is either regional Arabic or Berber for "mixed" as it was developed in the first wave of foreign genetics to hit the Rif's hash fields, the introduction and mixing in of Pakistani/Afghani genetics with local landraces for increased resin production.
Last edited by Nuggz on Tue 14th Mar 2017 02:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Mr Incognito wrote: Mon 13th Mar 2017 10:49 pm

So I thought I would talk you through my thought process when faced with something like this.

That read was very entertaining. Thanks! I enjoyed reading the reasoning skills behind a purchase. With so many, the selection is based on point and purchase, meaning the purchaser points at something based off of a review of the menu, then purchases. Involves a lot of blind luck. You add a bit of a science to the selection, which is some of what I do when purchasing bud. Thanks again!
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

So will you have a proper Hash-sesh T&T Mr. Reb?
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Some lovely posts in here - great reading thanks everyone.

I don't smoke/buy a lot of import hash so can't really add anything to that topic. I have made a fair bit of bubblehash/IWE/Isolater in my time but wouldn't claim to be an expert as the results are very rarely anything other than generic in the taste department and like special brew in terms of potency. Which has some merits of course.
I certainly echo the feelings of others here in saying that the relatively high price tag Bubblehash demands rarely makes any sense when quality is judged by any other criteria than potency and even then it can be lacking.

For me - the pinnacle of hashish is Rosin. Hash-oil made via a process of heat and pressure distillation using raw dried flowers (or dry sift trichomes). Specifically because I believe this product is the easiest and quickest method of achieving the best concentrate possible given the starting material. IMO In terms of potency and clarity of flavour with respect to the original terpene profile it makes all other Cannabis preparations (other than some hydro-carbon solvent based extractions) look silly.
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

!!! I just noticed new posts in this thread!!! Thanks. Great reads. I believe Willjay plans to show me the glories of hash at Bluebird one morning. I figure u, DLN, will have something up your sleeve.