Delayed effects of Cannabis?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Kenshiro

Delayed effects of Cannabis?

Post by Kenshiro »

Thought I would ask for people to share their experiences with "delayed effects of Cannabis"

What I'm referring to specifically is feeling the effects the next day!!

For example 9\10 times when I eat products I generally feel it more upon waking up the next day? Wake up in a groggy stoned haze that lasts quite a while. Does anyone else experience this?

Also had a session with some friends the other week and brought my vaporizer over for us to use....my one friend had also been to the pub....the next day he said he woke up still "monged" and was completely useless in work, blaming the vape? (I put this down to the drinking and general consumption rather than the vape causing this?).........however a few nights ago I vaped a strong strain from my stash...that evening I was fine but the next day I woke up in a groggy haze and was struggling with my day until lunchtime! (No amount of caffeine would shake this next dsay stoned feeling)

Has someone else had similar experiences? And can someone possibly shed some more scientific explanation behind this?

Look forward to everyone's input on this.

OneHighMofo

Re: Delayed effects of Cannabis?

Post by OneHighMofo »

Personally I rarely feel any residual next day effects from smoking or dabbing. Whether it's from a gram or a full half ounce Amsterdam trip level of consumption.

Edibles, totally different story. I enjoy the massive stoneovers :)
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

OneHighMofo wrote: Thu 23rd Mar 2017 10:15 am Personally I rarely feel any residual next day effects from smoking or dabbing. Whether it's from a gram or a full half ounce Amsterdam trip level of consumption.

Edibles, totally different story. I enjoy the massive stoneovers :)
Yeah its the first time I've had more than a Stone over after not eating it...was surprised to be honest
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Very interesting topic. I know that fog well. While I think everyone reacts different to this it's definitely part of the general effect of that plant.

When I started back in the day even when only a tiny amount the day before was consumed I felt that the next day. I'd describe it as a somewhat relaxed, easy going feeling I enjoyed mostly. Almost like an after glow but after a couple of decades I feel it is more of a hangover(keyword here look up the internet).
Bit of an exaggeration here but it's to some point like being half-dead ; a general lack of emotion while still being a bit sedated but also at the same time some sort of narkiness. Bit like standby mode(you don't notice this of course when you light up the next joint in the morning obviously).
In my humble opinion that state is similar to the moment when the effects have worn off mostly ; my favourite moment of effects is the onset anyway when everything feels fresh and one's senses switch to high mode including rushes of euphoria respectively energy, giggles, trippy thoughts, intensified feelings and what ever you relate, let's say the first fifteen minutes(which is about when effects peaked anyway on average)and merely until
sixty minutes ; after that the high isn't that nice anymore to me. Especially if it's the first consumption of the day as this high is priceless ; after that you tend to need a lot more of a dosage to feel similar effects, at least if you're experiencied and no newbie(been there done that numerous times).

Am an occassional consumer so I noticed when I smoke what ever amount I still have those aftereffects the next day but not as strong as compared to edibles.When I smoke daily on holidays exclusively(about 5g/day at least)I still have aftereffects but they get weaker day by day(like with effects itsself, you only get a light euphoria and a one dimensional light sedation no matter which quality you consume or how ; that's quite boring I'm good thanks, tolerance is an invincible bitch yet and it builds up faster and faster after all those years I noticed ).
So when consuming regulary it only means you more get used to it(like with dreams ; if you're consuming every now and then you can't remember them but even this changes when you smoke regulary as tolerance sorts out everything even though some seem not to remember them nonetheless). In general I can say I'm able to function but not 100% ; it's still more of a subtle feeling and I think you can get obsessed about it if you're a very sensitive person.
If you're aware of it you can easily focus on functioning but if you're not maybe slight mistakes are possible. Same with said effects on mood. So no big deal in fact. Matter of mindset in my opinion to get over it. On the other hand I care about my health a lot and am into daily excercising a bit(mostly endurance)and when e.g. I go jogging for like 1 hour the next morning like usually after a good session to get my body and mind back on track I can still feel it to some point(especially with edibles). By the way those aftereffects are not that present when you consume traditional hashish compared to indoor weed(maybe because of more CBD involved in former one and/or indoor weed being much stronger ).

Since I'm passionately into edibles(mostly with traditional hashish and weed every now and then )I agree with sources saying that high lasts like more than 10hours while I still think the main high only lasts about 3-4 hours ; rest is again that boring 'high' described above.
Am no gastroenterologist so can't give much info about why this drug is digested 'delayed' to some point as you put it(still that term isn't describing it proper I'd go with 'aftereffects' or 'wearing off effects').
Just this week I funnily experimented again for some reasons with hash and lecithin involved(for better digestion and longer effect, done that before too though)and woke up the next day as usual 'zombified' even though this was a small dose and not much personal tolerance.
I tried to put myself back to reality with the help of a large teapot of Assam's best but it didn't do much as too often( they say caffeine is a somewhat antidote but you can't cancel a high in my opinion though I have a high caffeine tolerance from daily tea consumption ; at best weakening and I know some people only enjoy the effects of both drugs at the same time for positive synergy effects but even though I use caffeine as a stimulant I'm one of these getting tired when consuming too much , similar to the proven effect of people only getting tired from caffeine)
so I called sick and enjoyed the rest of the day, win-win :lol: (see, I did my best since am a responsible obedient slave but it wasn't to be! Skiving off work is though something no one should be ashamed of ; my first this year and many to come as it is just insane to slave all year if you're doing your thing good enough and know about better things to spend your time with except for slaving :mrgreen: ) I felt the effects the whole day but I'd say proper 'sober' I only was 24 hours later(means: in the evening at the time roughly I consumed the day before ; I can say this has nothing to do with lecithin involved this time but is the general effect with edibles). Know about some people don't react at all to edibles or need a lot to feel something. So why those aftereffects again? Perhaps it has to do with this drug is dehydrating you and if you're not consuming regulary there is this thing about sleep ; it's not a good one even though you might think so(thats proven too ; personally I don't consume before bedtime and you can get rid of it when you stay awake two hours after consumption). Probably also is in case of edibles about your individual ability to digest. I can also imagine if you mix with tobacco(never did myself) those aftereffects are stronger too ; same with mixed with other drugs.

Just my two cents.
gromit

Post by gromit »

cant beat a nice creeper weed,.... :mrgreen:
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Appendix: of course I forgot something. Too wake up with a dry mouth the next morning when doing edibles no matter how much I care about my intake of fluids(like I do anyway), also it probably has to do with half-life of cannabis(still I'm waiting for a flashback after all those years like some nutters still claim :twisted: :lol: ).
All this is included too in a somewhat suitable summary I found after a quick search on the internet(in fact not explaining it at all but I'm all ears about others input): http://herb.co/2017/02/22/cannabis-hangover/
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

For our part we feel that the discussion in general about Cannabis given rise to demotivated, lazy, unintelligent slackers is usually blown waaaaay out of proportion, is based on (cheap) stereotypes and is generally just misunderstood, Joe Rogan has quite a few good points on the subject that we recommend you find in whatever dark reaches of the interwebs you find your entertainment...

...the preposterous claim that heavy consumption almost inevitably leads to unproductive behaviour and "stereotypical stoner / looser personalities" is at best unsubstantiated (to our knowledge) by empirical studies and (in our opinions) is based on sad and closed minded people projecting their own uncertainties and inadequacies onto others.

Take a look at the level with which many members write and argue their points and you will probably find that the average forum member is probably quite well educated and employed, so are we the strange 3-sigma outliers or do we perhaps fall more around the center of the bell curve?

ETA: all this being said, there definitely is a noticeable difference in how different products "linger", but suspect a more complex reason than just high CBD (both because we routinely go for high CBD products without necessarily being hit that hard the day after and as we suspect that other 'noids and terps may be involved, perhaps CHN).
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Thu 30th Mar 2017 03:57 pm For our part we feel that the discussion in general about Cannabis given rise to demotivated, lazy, unintelligent slackers is usually blown waaaaay out of proportion, is based on (cheap) stereotypes and is generally just misunderstood, Joe Rogan has quite a few good points on the subject that we recommend you find in whatever dark reaches of the interwebs you find your entertainment...

...the preposterous claim that heavy consumption almost inevitably leads to unproductive behaviour and "stereotypical stoner / looser personalities" is at best unsubstantiated (to our knowledge) by empirical studies and (in our opinions) is based on sad and closed minded people projecting their own uncertainties and inadequacies onto others.

Take a look at the level with which many members write and argue their points and you will probably find that the average forum member is probably quite well educated and employed, so are we the strange 3-sigma outliers or do we perhaps fall more around the center of the bell curve?

ETA: all this being said, there definitely is a noticeable difference in how different products "linger", but suspect a more complex reason than just high CBD (both because we routinely go for high CBD products without necessarily being hit that hard the day after and as we suspect that other 'noids and terps may be involved, perhaps CHN).
Off-topic:

I cannot get my head round to it. That marked 'intro' here I wonder to which post in this thread you are refering to, CopenhagenCouple? Did I miss something? Means, did someone deleted his/her post in the meantime? Nothing wrong with being off-topic every now and then but this marked thing here has in my humble opinion nothing to do with the topic in itsself as well as any posts in this very thread. Of course I give you the benefit of the doubt that it's not directed at my post as mine is the one before yours but it still wouldn't make sense as well as with the other posts(projection/association?).
Anyways, if you guys want to talk about that topic I'm more or less up for it but then indeed a thread like 'Does this drug make me a better human being?' or 'What effects of this drug you like and dont like on longterm usage?' would be more adequate in my humble opinion.
Would have a lot to say about your points as I think your opinion is very subjective as those forum members on here are far from being representative for obvious reasons(no representative quantity, anonymous, et cetera)respectively a representative sample so at best wishful thinking.
Although topic of this very thread here is more about personal experiencies(which everyone provided). Apart from that I wonder what is wrong with weighing up pros and cons of certain drugs let alone everything in life ; bit naive if one's not reflecting this(the phony hype in the USA about so called 'medical marijuana' reminds me of tobacco marketing(note: don‘t want to compare both drugs but there is a certain difference between industrial tobacco and the one native cultures used ritually) of back in the days a bit ; holy grail without risk and all that. As strong as I like this drug I wouldn't propagate it's harmless nor evil. Still it's again a good thing no one is sent to prison for this drug then. ) . Each to their own again I guess but now I'm really thinking about it I wouldn't respond to such a thread though so forget it. Just thought aloud too, no offence.
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

Hugycity wrote: Thu 10th Jun 2021 12:47 pm My experience with marijuana was not pleasant at all. After smoking it for the first time, it made me feel anxious, afraid, and panicked. It clouded my senses and judgment. That's why I stopped using it, as well as I stopped hanging out with people who did. I was later diagnosed with depression and anxiety, so my doctor recommended taking CBD oil. I thought it would have the same horrible effect on my body, but it helped me a lot instead. I found out where to buy the best CBD oil in Canada, which is lab tested, contains MCT oil and hemp seed oil, and makes me feel healthier and happier.
I agree THC isn't for everyone, I have many friends that have had similar experiences. Glad the CBD oil is working out for you though. How do you take it? Last time I tried it didn't taste so good.