Earliest opening coffeeshops in Amsterdam centrum?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Kenshiro

Earliest opening coffeeshops in Amsterdam centrum?

Post by Kenshiro »

Looking for some more information as I'm only aware of Prix d'ami and Picasso that open real early.

Any information much appreciated, I'm organising a toke and talk for the 15th before flying home in the early afternoon so trying to find somewhere decent.

matty223

Re: Earliest opening coffeeshops in Amsterdam centrum?

Post by matty223 »

Barneys, green house , green place , central, doest Utopia at 9

Matty
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

matty223 wrote: Wed 29th Mar 2017 08:07 pm Barneys, green house , green place , central, doest Utopia at 9

Matty
Thanks! Did you say you wanted food at Barneys? I cant remember? Might just change it for Barneys if that kills two birds with one stone?
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

7AM is the earliest they're legally allowed to be open.

1e Hulp and Boerejongens Center both open up at 7 (still) as far as I know, so those are your best bets.
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Wed 29th Mar 2017 09:43 pm 7AM is the earliest they're legally allowed to be open.

1e Hulp and Boerejongens Center both open up at 7 (still) as far as I know, so those are your best bets.
Thanks, sorry should have said most central as I'm needing to be close to the station to get to the airport for 11am ish (being lazy and all !)
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

None of the shops I like in that area open before 9, I don't think, unless it's school holidays, which it isn't. You can only smoke on the bench outside Central now, so I don't. I think Rusland opens at 7 now, but haven't been there in ages. Your best bet probably is 1e Hulp – the 197 bus is virtually outside, and takes you to the airport.

Also, good luck for a 7am T&T.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Even though it is a bit out of the center 1e would for sure be our pick, Boer would be number one if they had reasonable smoking facilities as they are better priced...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
stu1983

Post by stu1983 »

Central opens at 7 but you can't smoke in there
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

If a place to smoke (more than a place to pick up) is what you need, Hill Street Blues is open at 9:00-9:30 and pretty empty but peaceful at that hour.
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Wed 29th Mar 2017 09:43 pm 7AM is the earliest they're legally allowed to be open.

Also Bulldog Energy and the aforementioned Centraal

I've always come in on the red eye and Centraal was always my first stop until last year.

As noted, there is no smoking in the shop. Also, I have to say I have never had anything resembling a 'warm' greeting there. It often felt like buying and rolling one for the walk up Voorburgwal was an imposition on them they would rather not endure.

Last year I bypassed Centraal and went straight to the Bulldog Hostel to check in. The Energy Shop opens at 7 and Sonny saw me coming in. He convinced me to be their first customer that day. As with Centraal, no complaints and good enough to get primed until my more favorites opened.

This is my new early arrival routine. Much warmer welcome and plenty of room inside or out to smoke at that hour.
:mrgreen:
He who tries to shine dims his own light
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I have fond memories of smoking in Central. My first visit, years ago, and directed there by this forum: arriving just as the budtender was putting up Xmas decorations. The rain was the fiercest I'd ever seen it, sheeting down, and he gave me an ironic 'welcome to Amsterdam!'.

Another time, and I've told this before but it's OK because nobody remembers anything, a respectable white-haired Dutch lady -- think type emeritus professor with a hippie streak -- was reading the shop's newspaper (they had newspapers back then, along with 2 silent TVs and a non-silent radio). The budtender had a go at her for drawing something on the paper. She shouted back that it was art, and left in high dudgeon. I picked up the paper when things had calmed down, curious to see the art. On a photo of the mayor of Amsterdam (not the current one, the last one, if you really care) she'd drawn a speech bubble with the words 'he babbles HIV'.
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Thu 30th Mar 2017 08:03 pm I have fond memories of smoking in Central.
Another time, and I've told this before but it's OK because nobody remembers anything...

I remember smoking inside YEARS ago too

Loved that last bit :lol:
He who tries to shine dims his own light