How weird is that for a woman to seat alone in a coffeeShop?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Eve

How weird is that for a woman to seat alone in a coffeeShop?

Post by Eve »

I'll be in Amsterdam in the end of May for a few days, It will be my third time in Amsterdam but first time as a solo traveler.
I wonder if I'll look like a weirdo if I'll seat in a coffeeShop by myself.
(sorry for My English 🙂)

Papi

Re: How weird is that for a woman to seat alone in a coffeeShop?

Post by Papi »

Eve wrote: Thu 4th May 2017 11:47 am I'll be in Amsterdam in the end of May for a few days, It will be my third time in Amsterdam but first time as a solo traveler.
(sorry for My English 🙂)
No, you won't. But that weed can surely make you paranoid, can't it?:D
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
cheap161

Post by cheap161 »

my partner spent some timer there alone a few years ago and didn´t find it a problem at all
Eve

Post by Eve »

Papi wrote: Thu 4th May 2017 12:15 pm
Eve wrote: Thu 4th May 2017 11:47 am I'll be in Amsterdam in the end of May for a few days, It will be my third time in Amsterdam but first time as a solo traveler.
(sorry for My English 🙂)
No, you won't. But that weed can surely make you paranoid, can't it?:D
Well... being a paranoid it's not an option :) Too much to do and not enough days to do it, so i'll just take my red pills and tell the paranoia goodbye;)
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Good for you Eve :D I think you'll be comfortable in the coffeeshops on your own.
What a long strange trip it is.
Eve

Post by Eve »

spidergawd wrote: Thu 4th May 2017 01:08 pm Good for you Eve :D I think you'll be comfortable in the coffeeshops on your own.
Yeah, after all it's a coffeeshops we're talking about :)
And in amsterdam everything looks greener. Oops i meant better :wink:
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Not weird at all. Maybe in a few of the more youth-clubby shops you might feel a bit odd on your own but in the majority of more chilled out places you see plenty of solo patrons. In my experience you strike up a lot more conversations with staff and random strangers if on your own in a coffeeshop.

Imo places like Het Ballonetje, Paradox, Utopia, Tweede Kamer & La Tertulia are particularly good for solo travellers.
Waldo Swan

Post by Waldo Swan »

If you're as pretty as your avatar you probably won't be alone long.
I come in peace. Take me to your pizza!
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

You should be fine. I've done trips with others or solo over decades, and it's one of the easiest places to be a lone traveller. Just take the precautions you would in any major city, because you have things to do and don't want to spend your precious time at police stations and embassies. Inside pockets, moneybelts and the like for important things are better than handbags, which might as well have a sign painted on in large letters saying 'scumbags, it's all in here'. You can make conversation or keep to yourself as you see fit, and do whatever's on your agenda. It'll be great.
Eve

Post by Eve »

Not_the_monk wrote: Thu 4th May 2017 05:29 pm Not weird at all. Maybe in a few of the more youth-clubby shops you might feel a bit odd on your own but in the majority of more chilled out places you see plenty of solo patrons. In my experience you strike up a lot more conversations with staff and random strangers if on your own in a coffeeshop.

Imo places like Het Ballonetje, Paradox, Utopia, Tweede Kamer & La Tertulia are particularly good for solo travellers.
Tnx for the recommendation! I'll definitely check those places. ☺️
Eve

Post by Eve »

Waldo Swan wrote: Thu 4th May 2017 06:22 pm If you're as pretty as your avatar you probably won't be alone long.
Thank you ❤️
Eve

Post by Eve »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Thu 4th May 2017 07:05 pm You should be fine. I've done trips with others or solo over decades, and it's one of the easiest places to be a lone traveller. Just take the precautions you would in any major city, because you have things to do and don't want to spend your precious time at police stations and embassies. Inside pockets, moneybelts and the like for important things are better than handbags, which might as well have a sign painted on in large letters saying 'scumbags, it's all in here'. You can make conversation or keep to yourself as you see fit, and do whatever's on your agenda. It'll be great.
Tnx! My trick when I'm walking alone in New places is to follow a large group of people, that way I'm not standing out.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Hi(gh) Eve,

You'll be more than fine, no worries, Mrs. Cc has lounged around plenty of shops on her own over the years and had a smashing time :)

The recommended spots by not_the_monk are all solid, we would put Utopia, het Ballonnetje and tweede right at the top of our lists for nice places to hang with superior products and just awesome staff at all three places.

We, and a big bunch of the forum regulars as well as a good local friend or two, would also very much recommend Batavia, solo or in a group.
Although it is not a coffeeshop, it is an extremely 420-friendly bar with a legendary downstairs, canal side smokers lounge, aka the Bat Cave, the dab dungeon and the dark lair of the hardcore part of the the ACD massive :D

They also do great food considering the price and that they, as our partner in dabby debauchery, DLN16, would put it, are essentially a stoners' pub... ;) The staff is great (mostly former coffeeshop budtenders and managers), the clientele is a brilliant mix of locals, expats and some visitors in the know and it is hard to spend a lonely hour in here, although it probably won't be the quietest of places in the evenings...

Have a great trip!

Cc
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol: