BHO/Shatter/Wax, can you buy in the coffee shops

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
cookie71279

BHO/Shatter/Wax, can you buy in the coffee shops

Post by cookie71279 »

Are you able to buy BHO/Shatter or wax in any of the coffee shops in Amsterdam?

Kenshiro

Re: BHO/Shatter/Wax, can you buy in the coffee shops

Post by Kenshiro »

You won't find any concentrates that use chemicals/solvents for extraction from coffeeshops .

You will find Rosin though..
cookie71279

Post by cookie71279 »

You seem to know your stuff mate, what is Rosin? never heard of it
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

I'm no expert at all, hardly dabbled in concetrates or extracts but I know most are done via chemical process.

Rosin is as far as I'm aware (although someone may correct me) what you get from heat and pressure (pressing) applied to hash or bud to extract its resin and cannabinoids onto parchment style paper.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

sNc wrote: Tue 16th May 2017 07:05 pm I'm no expert at all, hardly dabbled in concetrates or extracts but I know most are done via chemical process.

Rosin is as far as I'm aware (although someone may correct me) what you get from heat and pressure (pressing) applied to hash or bud to extract its resin and cannabinoids onto parchment style paper.
+1 Spot on.
You'll often find Rosin for sale at Mr K and Co and 1e Hulp.
In these instances I believe it's made from import hash.

In my opinion - dependent on your tastes of course, you'll experience better (tastier and stronger) results yourself from pressing bud (haze especially - ideally still with a little moisture) with hair straighteners. There are a bazillion YouTube videos on the technique and a couple of threads here on the subject.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

There were several reports in both April and (to a lesser degree) in November that GP and possibly GH and bushdoctor had something labelled shatter on sale.

Given that these products (I.e. extracts) are illegal and not tollerated, as opposed to Cannabis products with less than 60% thc that are technically still illegal, but tollerated, I find it doubtful that those ptoducts on offer were in fact BHO (of whatever finish), especially at GP when you take their recent temporary closure in to account. More likely it was some flowerrosin or similar product (possibly with a shatter like consistency and a clear appearance making it appear as shatter to the inexperienced consumer).

Short of making some local friends and / or figuring out another channel to the large (and really fucking excellent) off CS concentrates scene, I would recommend going the rosin tech route as suggested by OHMF...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Bsmith420

Post by Bsmith420 »

Yea if you go to the cannabis college (oudezijdes achterburgwal) they have a rosin press and will let you press your bud/hash and dab it on their rig 👍
Phantasyland

Post by Phantasyland »

sNc wrote: Tue 16th May 2017 05:48 pm You won't find any concentrates that use chemicals/solvents for extraction from coffeeshops .

You will find Rosin though..
Where? Do you know which coffee shops sell rosin? I’ve been looking 😞
curubelo

Post by curubelo »

According to their latest menu of Dec 7, MrK has rosin.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/MrKs/Menus/MrKs.html
CopenhagenCouple

Super Skunk had 6 (IIRC) different BHO extracts on the menu in August, stupid prices and crappy quality, but deffo solvent extracts and not rosin...
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Bsmith420 wrote: Sat 20th May 2017 07:00 am Yea if you go to the cannabis college (oudezijdes achterburgwal) they have a rosin press and will let you press your bud/hash and dab it on their rig 👍
popped by in october and mentioned this forum, asked about the rosin press and was met with a resounding no.

shame
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
CopenhagenCouple

DjShaggy wrote: Tue 9th Jan 2018 07:01 pm
Bsmith420 wrote: Sat 20th May 2017 07:00 am Yea if you go to the cannabis college (oudezijdes achterburgwal) they have a rosin press and will let you press your bud/hash and dab it on their rig 👍
popped by in october and mentioned this forum, asked about the rosin press and was met with a resounding no.

shame
Easy fix: buy cheap hairstraightener, cheap IR thermometer and paper, now you have your own rosin press! :)

cc
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

thats a good idea, a ratchet clamp i find will improve results too, more pressure :thumbup:
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
CopenhagenCouple

DjShaggy wrote: Tue 9th Jan 2018 08:11 pm thats a good idea, a ratchet clamp i find will improve results too, more pressure :thumbup:
The tall one uses just such a set-up to squeeze some MoFo-ingly nice rosin :D
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

If I remember right Coffeeshop Reefer had many concentrates on the menu... I only remember "crumble" but there were a few others on the menu :lol:

If I compare the shop to some years before it changed completely :lol: In the past they only had a small menu... now they have a lot more to offer like a few US imported strains with that stupid prices... concentrates and more "modern" strains.

The place was packed and a big queue... so I didn´t get any wares from them but I will come back :D