Documentary on the back door policy

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
avfc-herbalist

Documentary on the back door policy

Post by avfc-herbalist »

Interviews with The Cannabis College, Coffeeshop Bagheera and the new 420 Cafe.

Interviewer doesn't really explain a lot and he doesn't seem to be the most knowledgeable but the interviews with the people in the know are interesting.
A lot of background noise to contend with too but some good pockets of information.

Last edited by avfc-herbalist on Sun 11th Jun 2017 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

sit back, blaze ganja and chill
fordprefect

Re: Documentary on the back door policy

Post by fordprefect »

Found a similar video just yesterday talking about the backdoor policy: https://youtu.be/fWAzH0MDyzA

Absolutely crazy! I never realized how difficult it was for coffeeshops to operate. Legal to sell in the front, illegal to buy in the back. Crazy! The 500g limit is what gets me. No way a store is only going to sell 500g in one day....
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

fordprefect wrote: Thu 1st Jun 2017 12:35 am Found a similar video just yesterday talking about the backdoor policy: https://youtu.be/fWAzH0MDyzA

Absolutely crazy! I never realized how difficult it was for coffeeshops to operate. Legal to sell in the front, illegal to buy in the back. Crazy! The 500g limit is what gets me. No way a store is only going to sell 500g in one day....
I'll give that a watch when I get home from work, thanks for the link mate! It is indeed crazy when you think about it. There's been many a time in a Coffeeshop where I've asked to see a strain and been told "it's out of stock, come back later". It really does interest me to know how many times a Coffeeshop has to get restocked in a single day! It must be so stressful for the owner!
fordprefect

Post by fordprefect »

avfc-herbalist wrote: Thu 1st Jun 2017 01:41 pm There's been many a time in a Coffeeshop where I've asked to see a strain and been told "it's out of stock, come back later". It really does interest me to know how many times a Coffeeshop has to get restocked in a single day! It must be so stressful for the owner!
Yea I think one of them was saying they have to restock like 5 or 6 times a day. Must be extra stressful for the runners cause they're obviously carrying more than 5g at a time
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

fordprefect wrote: Thu 1st Jun 2017 05:48 pm
they're obviously carrying more than 5g at a time
And then it suddenly becomes legal as soon as the supplier walks into the establishment. I wonder how many suppliers have been arrested and charged for carrying over the 5g limit? I'd imagine not many because the Coffeeshops get restocked frequently. Is there like a "turn a blind eye" policy going on? It really interests me lol!
fordprefect

Post by fordprefect »

I mean in the interview with The Stud they mention how the "hit team" comes in and tapes the cameras and shit, so it sounds like they are going hard on it. But I think if you're a regular guy just walking around Amsterdam, if you're not doing anything suspicious then there's no reason for the cops to stop you to check you. Imagine if cops just started stopping random people in the streets in case they were supplying coffeeshops lol. I'd imagine they must spend more effort trying to find the growers
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I suspect the main danger for the runners isn't the police -- unless they have it in for a particular one for some reason -- but from opportunistic muggers, attracted by a potential victim who can't even go to the police.
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Thu 1st Jun 2017 09:40 pm I suspect the main danger for the runners isn't the police -- unless they have it in for a particular one for some reason -- but from opportunistic muggers, attracted by a potential victim who can't even go to the police.
I've never thought about it in that way before FOD. Getting mugged is probably more of a worry for the runners, especially when they can't go to the police like you say! The more I think about it and the more I read about it the crazier the situation seems to be. At least the Dutch are half way there!
fordprefect

Post by fordprefect »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Thu 1st Jun 2017 09:40 pm attracted by a potential victim who can't even go to the police.
Holy shit that's true, never thought of that