Any coffeeshops or smoke friendly bars near Amsterdam Arena?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Lemming
Site Admin

Re: Any coffeeshops or smoke friendly bars near Amsterdam Arena?

Post by Lemming »

Thanks to WLow for finding this. (Het Parool probably doesn't just copy ACD data :D)

It seems that Roots didn't open last year but did finally open on Tuesday! They say it's owned by 't Keteltje.

They have this picture taken before opening.
Het Parool

It's here on Street View

Always good to get a new coffeeshop.

mcgoo44

Post by mcgoo44 »

Lemming wrote: Thu 20th Jul 2017 10:10 pm Thanks to WLow for finding this. (Het Parool probably doesn't just copy ACD data :D)

It seems that Roots didn't open last year but did finally open on Tuesday! They say it's owned by 't Keteltje.

They have this picture taken before opening.
Het Parool

It's here on Street View

Always good to get a new coffeeshop.
Perfect timing for me coming over next week 😊

I will check it out and let you know what it's like when I get back

Thanks again!
WLow

Post by WLow »

Yep it's sound great for having a smoke when going for a football game or for a concert :thumbup:

Hope they have descent smoke for the U2 concert mcgoo44, let us know what it's like.
Im curious to see how many customers they can get during such a big event.
mcgoo44

Post by mcgoo44 »

I can confirm that roots coffeeshop does exist exactly where lemming described, next door to a taco & a new york pizza takeaway on the opposite side on the building to the bus station.

The shop itself is very modern looking and very clean and bright inside, kind of looks like the inside of an apple store.

The tables inside are quite large probably catering for large groups when there is a game on at the stadium.

I asked about the candy kush they had on the menu, BT said it was good but the OG kush was better so I took the advice and went for the OG @€14 a gram, nice pungent smell with sticky buds.

Overall a nice shop I would definitely recommend to anyone out in that area, perfect for anyone visiting the ArenA for a game or gig.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Nice one mcgoo44!

Can you email me a review please? Alternatively, I could just copy and paste your comments here.