Any coffeeshops or smoke friendly bars near Amsterdam Arena?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
mcgoo44

Any coffeeshops or smoke friendly bars near Amsterdam Arena?

Post by mcgoo44 »

Hi,
I'm coming over to Amsterdam at the end of the month and will be going to the U2 concert at the Amsterdam Arena.

Are there any coffee shops or smoke friendly bars nearby that anyone could recommend?

Also, does anyone know if you can smoke inside the arena? Don't want to blaze up a joint and get chucked out :D

Shufflepop

Re: Any coffeeshops or smoke friendly bars near Amsterdam Arena?

Post by Shufflepop »

You need get yourself a vape. I took in 2 floors of the Rijks tooting on some tasty Citral couple weeks back.
Greentroll

Post by Greentroll »

Shufflepop wrote: Tue 11th Jul 2017 02:25 pm You need get yourself a vape. I took in 2 floors of the Rijks tooting on some tasty Citral couple weeks back.
Which vape? concentrate pen thingy or MFLB style?
Shufflepop

Post by Shufflepop »

No man, my trusty Air. Find a quiet corner and toot.

eta; those vape pens with the carts look fantastic. Definitely my next step.
mcgoo44

Post by mcgoo44 »

Shufflepop wrote: Tue 11th Jul 2017 02:25 pm You need get yourself a vape. I took in 2 floors of the Rijks tooting on some tasty Citral couple weeks back.
I've got a flowermate vape not too impressed with it tbh prefer smoking a joint
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

mcgoo44 wrote: Tue 11th Jul 2017 02:06 pm Hi,
I'm coming over to Amsterdam at the end of the month and will be going to the U2 concert at the Amsterdam Arena.

Are there any coffee shops or smoke friendly bars nearby that anyone could recommend?

Also, does anyone know if you can smoke inside the arena? Don't want to blaze up a joint and get chucked out :D
Coffeeshop Roots

Limited information on this shop. Maybe some other ACD member can help.

What about edibles?
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

mcgoo44 wrote: Tue 11th Jul 2017 02:06 pm and will be going to the U2 concert at the Amsterdam Arena.
Yikes, condolences!
Papi

Post by Papi »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Wed 12th Jul 2017 10:23 am
mcgoo44 wrote: Tue 11th Jul 2017 02:06 pm and will be going to the U2 concert at the Amsterdam Arena.
Yikes, condolences!
Come on, we all know Bono cures aids :lol: :lol:
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

...and that he doesn't just hold the record, he is the record!
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Roots is a new coffeeshop that supposedly opened last year but a couple of ACD members were unable to find it when they looked earlier this year.

If it exists then it's underneath the railway station on the opposite side to the arena.

If you were to walk eastwards under the railway bridge on Hoogoorddreef then the coffeeshop should be on the corner of the entrance to Hoekenrodeplein on the left.
mcgoo44

Post by mcgoo44 »

Lemming wrote: Wed 12th Jul 2017 12:51 pm Roots is a new coffeeshop that supposedly opened last year but a couple of ACD members were unable to find it when they looked earlier this year.

If it exists then it's underneath the railway station on the opposite side to the arena.

If you were to walk eastwards under the railway bridge on Hoogoorddreef then the coffeeshop should be on the corner of the entrance to Hoekenrodeplein on the left.
Thanks I will check it out when I'm over and post a review if I find it
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

:lol: That's not confirmation! Sites like 'Dutch Coffeeshop Guide' simply steal data from ACD and regurgitate it. That link to Google Streetview is not even the correct location!
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

You, and only you, are the "guide" Lemming ! ( Should really be you "is" shouldn't it not ?? )
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

choppermike wrote: Wed 12th Jul 2017 10:17 pm You, and only you, are the "guide" Lemming ! ( Should really be you "is" shouldn't it not ?? )
It should be You Are; but "He is the "Man!"

Still Hoekenrode 14, 1102BR Amsterdam or Hoekenrode 14 1102 BR, Amsterdam looks like a good address, stolen or not.
Lemming wrote: Wed 12th Jul 2017 12:51 pm
These direction look like they show the path!

Hopefully Mcgoo44 will resolve the issue with a visit and have a good time with U2.

Still love the Joshua Tree, especially "Street with No Name!"
zunkii

Post by zunkii »

Back to the original question, I'm not sure about a shop near the arena, but I was across in January to watch Ajax in the stadium.
When I was in hunters, I mentioned to the bud tender that I was going to the football, he said sternly that I should "be prepared", I was crapping myself that there may be fights, but he smiled and told me that he meant I should make some Js before I went.
I made a couple or ready rolled spliffs at Hunters, and took them in with me. we bought some beers in plastic cups outside the stadium, and found a quiet corner and blazed away.
once inside, there was no smoking, not even ciggies, and no one was even having a sneaky one. then at half time everything changed, guys around us slowly started lighting up, no sign of security or stewards (who gave a shit). We sparked up and then about 5 mins before the teams came out, with the stands resembling something of a bush fire Marley with "Don't Worry" started blaring out of the speakers, it was absolutely perfect. the only way to watch football