Trying to enjoy a joint after taking up vaping

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Kenshiro

Trying to enjoy a joint after taking up vaping

Post by Kenshiro »

So I pretty much exclusively vape since January but always want to try and enjoy a joint from time to time.

I had a few pure joints on my last trip to Mokum in April, some brought some good flavour and enjoyment but mostly I found them harsh and left me disappointed.
Also tried a pure joint a few nights ago and ended up putting out as it just tasted rank! Anyone else have similar experiences and suggestions to better improve taste or enjoyment?

Or has my body and tastebuds just decided vaping is preferred option now?

OneHighMofo

Re: Trying to enjoy a joint after taking up vaping

Post by OneHighMofo »

Good question man - one only you can answer I'd guess.

Personally - I tried to give up smoking for health reasons and have failed to some degree. I managed to quit tobacco successfully and moved to vaping almost exclusively for a few months but the taste of a pure doob draws me back.

I'm almost always looking for concentrated loud flavour in anything I deem to be of a certain quality, so taste is my primary concern.
I find that any one consumption method overdone; whether it be vaping, smoking or dabbing means I'll see some reduction in flavour from that specific delivery method. Which is why I've never really given up smoking. I like to have the whole arsenal available to me so that I can ensure I get the experience I'm looking for. To that end - mixing things up seems to work for me.

If you're happy that the product you're consuming has great flavour when vaped; maybe your body is making a conscious choice for you? Have fun finding out 8)
Greentroll

Post by Greentroll »

sNc wrote: Wed 12th Jul 2017 12:37 pm So I pretty much exclusively vape since January but always want to try and enjoy a joint from time to time.

I had a few pure joints on my last trip to Mokum in April, some brought some good flavour and enjoyment but mostly I found them harsh and left me disappointed.
Also tried a pure joint a few nights ago and ended up putting out as it just tasted rank! Anyone else have similar experiences and suggestions to better improve taste or enjoyment?

Hi sNC, I hear you loud and clear my man - Smoker of phat hairy splifs for 25 years, daily, gave up and moved to vaping - Volcano, Vapcap, MFLB, Firefly 2, mighty, the whole arsenal. Also went to dam last year having been vaping a few months and tried a tobacco spliff, it was disgusting, so i tried a pure weed one, it was disgusting, so i tried a bong, it was horrific, so i went back to my vape.....I am NOT knocking anyone who smokes anything, i get it, the ritual, the experience, the hit from the weed, all those CBs and the 7000 chemicals in tobacco, filterless of course. just a roach. On that logic heroin feels pretty good injected too, I hear.

In many ways vaping can be described as "stoned lite" as the buzz is different. It took me a year till now in fact, to totally get into vaping and get high as a kite each and every time. The taste is amazing, the hit is heady, but then a volcano baloon at 446F is heavy and stronger than even a spliff, if you want that nightcap.

If you vape you need to just be real with the fact you arent gonna get that hit like smoking, nor the coughing and sore throat, and breathing issues and burning lungs as you walk fast in the rain in Mokum, for CS to CS. I tried just the other night a pure weed spliff, the smell, the taste was rank, i got a head rush and almost pulled a whitey, head sweating. Never again.

I did research and the fact is this:- When you combust herb at least 15% of THC is wasted to the gods, in the core of the cherry, it just burns off, you get more THC from vaping. Then again, combustion DOES give you the full range of the terpene profile in one (or a few) hits, as well as a one time hit of all the Compounds all at once. That means the effect will be strong.

My advice - buy at least 3 of the vapes i mentioned, some come close to combustion, play with them, experiment etc. Even going into a tobacco filled coffeeshop is a challenge for me my lungs are so virgin now.

Finally, vaping is a medical way to get your herb, embrace it, enjoy it, savour it, dont expect that hit from a spliff, it aint gonna happen. Happy to answer any questions you have but basically mate, good on ya' - stay up man.

"Smoking is dead, vaping is the future, and the future is now" - RIP Trippers
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

OneHighMofo wrote: Wed 12th Jul 2017 12:59 pm Good question man - one only you can answer I'd guess.

Personally - I tried to give up smoking for health reasons and have failed to some degree. I managed to quit tobacco successfully and moved to vaping almost exclusively for a few months but the taste of a pure doob draws me back.

I'm almost always looking for concentrated loud flavour in anything I deem to be of a certain quality, so taste is my primary concern.
I find that any one consumption method overdone; whether it be vaping, smoking or dabbing means I'll see some reduction in flavour from that specific delivery method. Which is why I've never really given up smoking. I like to have the whole arsenal available to me so that I can ensure I get the experience I'm looking for. To that end - mixing things up seems to work for me.

If you're happy that the product you're consuming has great flavour when vaped; maybe your body is making a conscious choice for you? Have fun finding out 8)

Yeah flavour is always my main concern as I know I'll get effects one way or another, I gave up tobacco and moved to Greengo for sometime but that soon killed any flavour and enjoyment for me.

I guess more than anything I really miss having that session time and flavour that used to come with a joint for me and also being able to consume a hash joint.
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Greentroll wrote: Wed 12th Jul 2017 01:52 pm
sNc wrote: Wed 12th Jul 2017 12:37 pm So I pretty much exclusively vape since January but always want to try and enjoy a joint from time to time.

Hi sNC, I hear you loud and clear my man - Smoker of phat hairy splifs for 25 years, daily, gave up and moved to vaping - Volcano, Vapcap, MFLB, Firefly 2, mighty, the whole arsenal. Also went to dam last year having been vaping a few months and tried a tobacco spliff, it was disgusting, so i tried a pure weed one, it was disgusting, so i tried a bong, it was horrific, so i went back to my vape.....I am NOT knocking anyone who smokes anything, i get it, the ritual, the experience, the hit from the weed, all those CBs and the 7000 chemicals in tobacco, filterless of course. just a roach. On that logic heroin feels pretty good injected too, I hear.

In many ways vaping can be described as "stoned lite" as the buzz is different. It took me a year till now in fact, to totally get into vaping and get high as a kite each and every time. The taste is amazing, the hit is heady, but then a volcano baloon at 446F is heavy and stronger than even a spliff, if you want that nightcap.

If you vape you need to just be real with the fact you arent gonna get that hit like smoking, nor the coughing and sore throat, and breathing issues and burning lungs as you walk fast in the rain in Mokum, for CS to CS. I tried just the other night a pure weed spliff, the smell, the taste was rank, i got a head rush and almost pulled a whitey, head sweating. Never again.

I did research and the fact is this:- When you combust herb at least 15% of THC is wasted to the gods, in the core of the cherry, it just burns off, you get more THC from vaping. Then again, combustion DOES give you the full range of the terpene profile in one (or a few) hits, as well as a one time hit of all the Compounds all at once. That means the effect will be strong.

My advice - buy at least 3 of the vapes i mentioned, some come close to combustion, play with them, experiment etc. Even going into a tobacco filled coffeeshop is a challenge for me my lungs are so virgin now.

Finally, vaping is a medical way to get your herb, embrace it, enjoy it, savour it, dont expect that hit from a spliff, it aint gonna happen. Happy to answer any questions you have but basically mate, good on ya' - stay up man.

Thanks, yeah I'm aware of the science, positives and negatives surrounding the methods. I own a Pax 3 and previously a Storm pen, have used a Volcano and a couple of other devices too.

I gave up tobacco 4 years ago and used a substitute for joints up until January.

I now also struggle with CS smog it kills me off and has me coughing up all kinds of shit the next morning just from passive inhalation.

I guess what I really should have also asked in my post was if anyone had preferred rolling papers or strains in this situation?
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Greentroll wrote: Wed 12th Jul 2017 01:52 pm It took me a year till now in fact, to totally get into vaping and get high as a kite each and every time. The taste is amazing, the hit is heady, but then a volcano baloon at 446F is heavy and stronger than even a spliff, if you want that nightcap.
+1 THIS.

The first time I tried a vape I was still a hardcore tobacco roller and I was convinced the thing didn't work. It took HOURS before I 'felt' anything that first time. Bizarre really 7/8 years later the Mighty gets me insta-baked :)
Greentroll wrote: Wed 12th Jul 2017 01:52 pm I did research and the fact is this:- When you combust herb at least 15% of THC is wasted to the gods, in the core of the cherry, it just burns off, you get more THC from vaping. Then again, combustion DOES give you the full range of the terpene profile in one (or a few) hits, as well as a one time hit of all the Compounds all at once. That means the effect will be strong.
I read somewhere (can't remember the source unfortunately) that combustion resulted in up to 50% loss of cannabinoids :shock:
The same study demonstrated evidence that also suggested that the range of cannabinoids is wider than in vaping though; due to the wider range of temperatures vaporising the trichomes sat behind the cherry at ever increasing distance down the joint.
Greentroll

Post by Greentroll »

sNc wrote: Wed 12th Jul 2017 03:31 pm
Greentroll wrote: Wed 12th Jul 2017 01:52 pm

Thanks, yeah I'm aware of the science, positives and negatives surrounding the methods. I own a Pax 3 and previously a Storm pen, have used a Volcano and a couple of other devices too.

I gave up tobacco 4 years ago and used a substitute for joints up until January.

I now also struggle with CS smog it kills me off and has me coughing up all kinds of shit the next morning just from passive inhalation.

I guess what I really should have also asked in my post was if anyone had preferred rolling papers or strains in this situation?
Pax 3 is a good piece of kit, but can lack that hit. May i humbly suggest a Dynavap Vapcap - its new, like a one hitter but with a special lid which heats with torch flame. The thing with this is, it is designed that if you heat it past the lid click indication, you can take the herb to totally black, on the verge of combustion. Then you get amazing flavour first hit, cloud hit second and third hit is the knockout, think the border between smoking and vaping, and the basic glass one only costs like 35E. This solution could solve your problem. Papers, strains - soon as you combust it tastes like what it is, burnt plant and paper materiel
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

sNc wrote: Wed 12th Jul 2017 03:23 pm I gave up tobacco and moved to Greengo for sometime but that soon killed any flavour and enjoyment for me.
OH man that stuff is the pits. I tried that at first too. BAD times.
sNc wrote: Wed 12th Jul 2017 03:23 pm I guess more than anything I really miss having that session time and flavour that used to come with a joint for me and also being able to consume a hash joint.
I hear you bro those rituals are difficult to break and easy to miss.
It definitely takes time to adjust and I didn't start smoking pure for a long long time after I took up vaping. Maybe 3-4 years even. Until I had access to enough product to make it financially feasible essentially.
I didn't smoke bongs up until the last 5 years or so. It took me a long time to figure out what the appeal of those is and how to get the best from them (keep them impeccably clean, smaller hits/smaller bongs are tastier and above all - Gold IN = Gold OUT).
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

@Greentroll I've seen those Dynavap things may very well be the inbetween device to serve my needs.

@OHMF
Interesting...the longer I've been combustion free the less I have enjoyed when I have returned to it..however I seem to be seeking it out more recently? Maybe I'm chasing nostalgia who knows...I certainly begrudge using more product than a vape bowl on a joint especially when it isn't enjoyed.

More testing is required I guess :mrgreen:
Greentroll

Post by Greentroll »

sNc wrote: Wed 12th Jul 2017 03:59 pm @Greentroll I've seen those Dynavap things may very well be the inbetween device to serve my needs.

@OHMF
Interesting...the longer I've been combustion free the less I have enjoyed when I have returned to it..however I seem to be seeking it out more recently? Maybe I'm chasing nostalgia who knows...I certainly begrudge using more product than a vape bowl on a joint especially when it isn't enjoyed.

More testing is required I guess :mrgreen:
Are you UK based? If so I can direct you to a website, next day free delivery. IT's a cult like following i already have the glass one and the stainless steel, my mate has 5 of them. check out www.dynavap.com or if you want that website and details let me know
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Yes I am UK based...I first saw them through Vapefiend
Greentroll

Post by Greentroll »

sNc wrote: Wed 12th Jul 2017 04:05 pm Yes I am UK based...I first saw them through Vapefiend
Spot on matey, vapefiend is the one - great service - good prices -

Start with the glass, only downside is if you drop it, it will break - The M is sturdy, stainless steel, the titanium is the best, indestructible - pricey but for life.

Economic? Nothing remotely comes close, what, less than .10 per hit to get baked. Also you got the fire aspect, part of what i miss as a vaper, with the dynavap, i got three torch lighters.

Whatever you decide, i'd recommend an hour of dedicated youtube, vapelifeX is the best. Good luck man