Decent Coffeeshops near Cuyp Market?(De Pijp)

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Greentroll

Decent Coffeeshops near Cuyp Market?(De Pijp)

Post by Greentroll »

Katsu from what I have read has the best green in that area. read some bad reports about Ibiza being a tourist trap, carmona, not sure, Roxy, D&L. Also not sure.

Please save me headache, time and good ole' CS attitude.

Where in De Pijp is yay and where is nay?

:mrgreen:

Kenshiro

Re: Decent Coffeeshops near Cuyp Market?(De Pijp)

Post by Kenshiro »

I've not really done many shops in that area, Katsu was ok but nothing special in the flower department on my visit in April. A lot of people like Yo-yo but I didn't get round to trying it last visit.

Boerjongens, Hunters etc. In the area closer to the centrum and you have a good cluster of shops or walk a little further east to Het Ballonnetje which the crew raved about from 420.
Last edited by Kenshiro on Fri 14th Jul 2017 09:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

Greentroll wrote: Fri 14th Jul 2017 09:22 pm Katsu from what I have read has the best green in that area. read some bad reports about Ibiza being a tourist trap, carmona, not sure, Roxy, D&L. Also not sure.

Please save me headache, time and good ole' CS attitude.

Where in De Pijp is yay and where is nay?

:mrgreen:
It's always best to have a good source of info. Try this as a place to start your research
thanks to Lemming!
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Club Media & Katsu probably have the most consistent product, they're usually my first ports of call in the area since De Graal closed.

Ibiza isn't that bad (if the music isn't hideous) as it is pretty spacious and comfy, but avoid the higher priced strains as they're unlikely to be what they're labelled as.

Yoyo is a nice daytime place for outdoor strains.

Nice Place is alright if pretty nondescript. Papillion is ok too, been a while since I've been there though. Roxy recently reopened, previously it was pretty average too but not offensive. Superskunk I've not been in since it was Atlantis, but always looks rather yoof-filled from outside.

I'm sure I read in a travelogue that Carmona (or was it D&L) has had a refit recently. Never found either very exciting.

Greenhouse Tolstraat is a Greenhouse, but fwiw it tends to be cheaper than the centrum shops (so just eye-wateringly expensive rather than jaw-droppingly so)
Greentroll

Post by Greentroll »

Not_the_monk wrote: Fri 14th Jul 2017 11:53 pm
Yoyo is a nice daytime place for outdoor strains.
Was wondering about Yoyo -Yea like 25 years ago purple haze or outdoor DP/Thai was all there was around, but now, especially as I am vaping not smoking, I am wondering if the outdoor strains from yo yo are worth a punt in the mighty or volcano? Assume they are low thc, saw on the menu they are cheap as chips too.

Worth checking out?
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Since de Graal closed, the only shop I'd actually recommend for smoking is Katsu. I've never found Club Media as good for either product or atmosphere as others do, but there are certainly those who'd recommend it, and it does have its own character. Yo-Yo I liked the one time I visited, and variety is a good remedy against tolerance, so even weaker outdoor strains have their place. So why haven't I been back since? Well, they were closed for a long while, and then they're not open before noon or after...some time early evening, I think. But this thread has made me want to go back now. As for the rest, I might look in and see what's on offer, but there's nothing particularly special about any of them.
Bsmith420

Post by Bsmith420 »

Personally I really enjoyed club media, it was the only shop I visited in this area and is worth a visit just for a taste of their champagne haze IMHO. It was nice and quiet there too, no problem getting a seat and quite welcoming. Hope this helps a bit
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Katsu:
Lovely place. Fantastic outdoor area great for people watching on a warm day especially if they have the umbrellas and tables out.
Product is pre-bagged, comes in odd amounts (often £20 purchase for a 1.6 or some other strangeness) and I've often recently been disappointed with flower quality, caters to a slightly older audience.

Club media:
A little bit on the 'youth club' vibe for me. Plastic tables and chairs with sports on the TV and a younger crowd. Extensive menu that can often be good. Champagne haze has been spectacular in the past and their Isolater hash menu is often well curated.

Yo yo:
Beautiful place - but very quiet. Not the right spot for a rowdy T&T. No smoking outdoors due to a children's playground directly outside so that's also a limiting factor. The outdoor menu can be quite extensive and is very well priced. You'll get the best from those products if you're vaping and if the ambience is enticing to you then I'd say this is the gem of the area now De Graal is gone.

I've only ever bought n flown at Roxy - it wasn't spectacular but there was a report earlier in the month (can't remember the author) that piqued my interest so I'll be checking it out again next week.

I've not been in Ibiza or carmona yet - they're also on the list :)
Greentroll

Post by Greentroll »

Many thanks for the responses, yea - will check out Katsu, maybe an OG Kush and some mango haze, heard good reports, then club media for some champagne, OHM convinced me, yo yo is worth a visit and maybe some purple haze.

Cheers guys
Craiger

Post by Craiger »

Hey,
I'm just picking up on this topic as I'm heading to AMS in three weeks and will be staying in de Pijp.

I'd love to know how you got on at Katsu. Has their menu changed since the last one posted on this site in June?

I'm interested in a nice haze or other cerebral/active/chatty strain that'll be good for a long weekend of exploring AMS with my wife. Anyone tried their Dr Grinspoon recently?

If any other coffee shops in the area have had any decent sativa strains going on I'd love to know!

Thanks for your input guys...this is gonna be a great experience...:-)
WLow

Post by WLow »

High and welcome to the forum,

all advices above are great you should not have any trouble find good sativas, menu from Katsu can change
but i would say that hazes are always the same around. Batches can differ so just ask to see and sniff before you buy some.

i would add coffeshop Stone's to the list, shop is on the pijp red light street, they always have the 3 main hazes: amnesia, super silver haze and the lemon haze just ask to see the 3, there is always something good.
Shop is mostly a buy and fly you can skin up and smoke with the budtender i think but you cannot sit down, sometimes locals smoke in front of the shop. Or you just walk up the street and you will find De graal, that is smoker friendly 8)
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Craiger wrote: Thu 17th Aug 2017 08:30 amI'm interested in a nice haze or other cerebral/active/chatty strain that'll be good for a long weekend of exploring AMS with my wife. Anyone tried their Dr Grinspoon recently?

If any other coffee shops in the area have had any decent sativa strains going on I'd love to know!
Club Media normally has champagne haze and sometimes it is very nice indeed, well worth a look imo,
Papi

Post by Papi »

Not_the_monk wrote: Fri 18th Aug 2017 01:31 am
Craiger wrote: Thu 17th Aug 2017 08:30 amI'm interested in a nice haze or other cerebral/active/chatty strain that'll be good for a long weekend of exploring AMS with my wife. Anyone tried their Dr Grinspoon recently?

Club Media normally has champagne haze and sometimes it is very nice indeed, well worth a look imo,
CLub Media went to shit last time i was there, even Ingi said the owner changed or sth, but their gear was crap, their champagne wasn't champagne, rude service from new staff, later followed by apology on instagram.
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Papi wrote: Fri 18th Aug 2017 07:50 am Ingi said the owner changed or sth,
That is what she told us as well, think it was back in november actually but might have been in april, and that obviously the supplier changed with the owner, so crap now...

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Papi

Post by Papi »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Fri 18th Aug 2017 03:02 pm
Papi wrote: Fri 18th Aug 2017 07:50 am Ingi said the owner changed or sth,
That is what she told us as well, think it was back in november actually but might have been in april, and that obviously the supplier changed with the owner, so crap now...

CC
Now that you mentioned... maybe she told me that early december:D
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name