Where's the place to go?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
hibee87

Where's the place to go?

Post by hibee87 »

Wow... so after a 6 or 7 year 'absence' from the dam I'm finally returning tomorrow for my 30th.

As I stopped going and smoking as much to raise a family me and the Mrs were looking forward to heading back to where it all first happened for us. To my dismay I see a hell of a lot of shops we loved have gone.

Abraxas too. First shop we visited and loved siting out front on a hot day or on the bench inside on a not so hot day. Gone.

Bulldog just along from abraxas for nothing more than the nice comfy seats out front and in a not so busy street. Gone.

Abraxas. Gone.

Rokerij. Gone.

And many more since I've had a wee look around.

So from what I've seen grey area. Paradox (assuming they still do those mean lemon slice cakes) and voyagers appear to be ones still opened that we would visit the most can any of you more knowledgeable ones advise if what's the hottest shops now?

We like to smoke A LOT when visiting so prefer the more quiter non 'touristy' I.e grasshopper and other bulldogs to sit and chill in, and if the weather is nice ones with a nice seating area outside. We tended to avoid the red light area cs however hills treet blues was a must on our list. I think that's now changed its name?

We are staying just across from centraal but will happily take a stroll to the other places I. E rembrandt square or further. Any advice welcome. Happy smoking

hibee87

Re: Where's the place to go?

Post by hibee87 »

I also meant to add that the tender in abraxas too let us use and showed us how to use a volcano when the shop was quiet which was a wonderful experience. I've no idea how to use the vapes since it was that long ago so any advice in shops where the tenders are really friendly and would be willing to show us again on using a Vape when not so busy would also be appreciated.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

It's a shame your old haunts have closed. On a positive note I'm sure you'll have fun finding some new ones!

As for equivalents to 'non-touristy' bulldogs and grasshoppers. Well to me that seems like a contradiction In terms somewhat, there is no 'non touristy' in Amsterdam AFAIK. Especially when you're visiting somewhere as a tourist ;)

All of the shops that carry vapes/volcanos will show you how they work. Difficult to conceive of a shop refusing unless they're super busy - in which case ask a fellow patron.

Enjoy your return :) leave us a report please
aVeryOldLady

Post by aVeryOldLady »

hibee87 wrote: Sun 23rd Jul 2017 09:53 pm
We tended to avoid the red light area cs however hills treet blues was a must on our list. I think that's now changed its name?
For all I know, it is now called Hill Street Booze and is what it sounds like.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

No longer a coffeeshop, now smoker's friendly bar, basically the only change is you have to bring your smoke...

Easy Times might be a good bet for vaping and a little assistance from budtender in doing so.

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Coffee shop 137 has a verdamper and they are the business, and they'll show you how to use it. They also have good product.Volcano balloons are ok in party up mode, but the verdamper is good for yourself or a couple of people. And very smooth. :D

https://www.zamnesia.com/vaporizer-desk ... eluxe.html
What a long strange trip it is.
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

Coffeeshop Birdy in Haarlem. 10 minute train ride, 10 minute walk and you're in one of the most chilled shops anywhere.

My routine lately is to stay in Haarlem on jet lag day , go straight to Birdy, and wait for my room on the Grote Markt. There's plenty of chill in Haarlem.

Jopenkerk for the beer, also with CS along the way.
"Laif" with a long "a".
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

hibee87 wrote: Sun 23rd Jul 2017 09:53 pm Abraxas. Gone.
Abraxas is NOT gone!!!

I'm thinking that if you're looking for quieter and chill then, La Tertulia might be a good choice.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

There is only one place to go, Batavia, after a visit somewhere (preferable somewhere near a canal side)....
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
thegreatdane

Post by thegreatdane »

hibee87 wrote: Sun 23rd Jul 2017 09:53 pm Wow... so after a 6 or 7 year 'absence' from the dam I'm finally returning tomorrow for my 30th.

As I stopped going and smoking as much to raise a family me and the Mrs were looking forward to heading back to where it all first happened for us. To my dismay I see a hell of a lot of shops we loved have gone.

Abraxas too. First shop we visited and loved siting out front on a hot day or on the bench inside on a not so hot day. Gone.

Bulldog just along from abraxas for nothing more than the nice comfy seats out front and in a not so busy street. Gone.

Abraxas. Gone.

Rokerij. Gone.

And many more since I've had a wee look around.

So from what I've seen grey area. Paradox (assuming they still do those mean lemon slice cakes) and voyagers appear to be ones still opened that we would visit the most can any of you more knowledgeable ones advise if what's the hottest shops now?

We like to smoke A LOT when visiting so prefer the more quiter non 'touristy' I.e grasshopper and other bulldogs to sit and chill in, and if the weather is nice ones with a nice seating area outside. We tended to avoid the red light area cs however hills treet blues was a must on our list. I think that's now changed its name?

We are staying just across from centraal but will happily take a stroll to the other places I. E rembrandt square or further. Any advice welcome. Happy smoking
I visited Abraxas yesterday? It is not closed??

Went to Katsu also yesterday. Very friendly staff and they have a verdamper wich is awesome :)