Coffee shops in Centrum area with good edibles

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
mcgoo44

Coffee shops in Centrum area with good edibles

Post by mcgoo44 »

Coming over to Amsterdam this weekend with Mrs mcgoo, she doesn't really like smoking but does like getting stoned so we have been talking about her just getting some space cake or some other edibles while we are there.

Can anyone recommend any good coffee shops that sell good edibles in the Centrum area?

Cheers

Kenshiro

Re: Coffee shops in Centrum area with good edibles

Post by Kenshiro »

Most people say edibles are weak in AMS..but the only place I hear has good feedback is Paradox think it's a rock cake of some sort.

I've had a brownie from Popeyes before and it did the job..
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

The biggest problem with edibles in Amsterdam is they're not concentrate (butter, oil, etc.) based. The starting point for CS edibles is probably trim at best. Thus, potency varies by time and shop. It's kind of a crap shoot, but decent can be found.

For example, the worst edible I ever ate was from Coffeeshop Biba, now closed! The best was a "mutant" muffin from Utopia back in 2012. Wifey and I still talk about it!!

I've been happy with Paradox cakes, although the modern version is down about 20% from back in the day. I've also liked the edibles from Tweede Kamer and the Original Dampkring as they are foil wrapped and guaranteed moist.

Proceed with caution and there are many happy endings. Titration isn't a given.
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

Crumble some hash into yogurt. Wait 47 minutes. Adjust dose as required :-)

After Nieuwmarkt Stix changed hands and became Solo, Gunpowder was no longer available but they had an "equivalent". I foolishly dumped the entire gram into some hot chocolate, same treatment I gave Gunpowder. Roughly 47 minutes later I wished I had heeded the little bird on my shoulder that said "ya know this is not the same, how about easing into it?" My legs turned to rubber and I had to park myself for a good while.

My mate and I stopped at Popeye for some coffee and a toke. I was curious about the cauldron of liquid which looked like hot chocolate by the bar. The owner explained he had a crew of regulars coming into town that day and he always made this for them. It was priced @ €5, about 8 ounces I reckon. I could really taste the hash in it. So I had a second. Roughly 47 minutes later I wished I had heeded the little bird on shoulder that said "ya, know Dude said one cup is probably enough". Rubber legs again, etc.
"Laif" with a long "a".