a less lethal substitute for Tobacco in the UK?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
ForDarkseid

a less lethal substitute for Tobacco in the UK?

Post by ForDarkseid »

Hi Folks

I'm looking for recommendations for a substitute for Tobacco in my joints . I know the obvious thing ere is there is no healthy substitute if it involves burning and in haling, BUT Im a long time joint smoker who could never afford enough grass to just smoke Grass only Js. Ive bought a VaporGenie from Grasscity which is good but Im needing to Joint\Tobacco habit. Any advise please?

avfc-herbalist

Re: a less lethal substitute for Tobacco in the UK?

Post by avfc-herbalist »

Hello mate, I personally can't help you because I smoke with tobacco but I've found this thread for you that may help.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33622&p=403824&hili ... co#p403824
sit back, blaze ganja and chill
ForDarkseid

Post by ForDarkseid »

Thanks alot
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

ForDarkseid wrote: Fri 1st Sep 2017 04:44 pm Hi Folks

I'm looking for recommendations for a substitute for Tobacco in my joints . I know the obvious thing ere is there is no healthy substitute if it involves burning and in haling, BUT Im a long time joint smoker who could never afford enough grass to just smoke Grass only Js. Ive bought a VaporGenie from Grasscity which is good but Im needing to Joint\Tobacco habit. Any advise please?
You'll be hard pressed to find something that will satisfy the taste (or perception/experience of it) in substitutes available..."Greengo" brand was my choice when ditching tobacco but it's still a taste that takes getting used to.(But better than all other stuff available)

I switched to vaping and haven't looked back..see how you get on with your VaporGenie, otherwise it's Greengo or pure.
RobertD

Post by RobertD »

I've heard some people use hemp. You can find it at some health stores sold as hemp tea (I think Holland and Barratt has it), or online. (Probably contains some CBD as well, which is probably a good thing considering the max-THC strains that seem to dominate the UK market.)

SmokerAMS

Post by SmokerAMS »

The problem is with the synthetic alternatives is that they have not been tested for 30 years. I mean this generally in the sense of, its hard to tell if they are carcinogenic or harmful. Tobacco has been around for thousands of years, albeit smoked once or twice a year by Amazonian tribes at least we know its effects for sure now we have 20 packs on the shelves.
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Hey,

If you can get over the absence of nicotine you best bet could be to try vaping your cannabis.

Well well as being healthier, it may actually help you out with in terms of affordability; when you use cannabis in a joint you actually burn more THC / CBD than you ingest. Because vaping involves no combustion it actually means you get more bang for your buck in the long term.

To be honest mate I would just go cold turkey on the tobacco. It was hard for me for the first three weeks but after that I haven't looked back. In the long run it'll be lighter on your wallet and friendlier to your lungs. :-)
Uncle Dank