CoffeeShops still open near Overtoom\Vondel

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
ForDarkseid

CoffeeShops still open near Overtoom\Vondel

Post by ForDarkseid »

Hi, can anyone confirm what Coffeeshops are still open around Overtoom Please? I am staying in Hotel Abba from Dec 4th for afew nights but Ive heard some CCs shops around there may have closed down.
Is Coffeeshop Vondel still open?

OneHighMofo

Re: CoffeeShops still open near Overtoom\Vondel

Post by OneHighMofo »

Does Lemmings 'Open Coffeeshops' map help?
ForDarkseid

Post by ForDarkseid »

Cheers I guess it just depends how old this info is, but thanks alot
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

it's pretty up to date as far as I can tell.
Boreojongens/Bij and The Kashmir CS/Lounge Combo are all certainly open - they're a stones throw away.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Yes, Vondel is still open, or at least it was when I passed it last April. Tweedy has closed but Blue Lagoon is still open.

For more see the Google map mentioned above or this Directory page: Old West.

As far as I know, the map and Directory are up to date but please do let me know if you find any inaccuracies.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

OneHighMofo wrote: Thu 5th Oct 2017 04:25 pm Boreojongens/Bij and The Kashmir CS/Lounge Combo are all certainly open - they're a stones throw away.
Your stone-throwing abilities are impressive. Overtoom and Kinkerstraat are two streets where bikes come into their own. For a pedestrian (and I've done them) they're a bit dull after the first time, or even during it. Even the walk to Blue Lagoon seems to take longer than it should. That's a basic but decent shop, but I'd avoid Vondel, which has reports of sprayed weed, and keeps changing its name, possibly in desperation.

This one really belongs on the mental map thread. I don't think of 1e Hulp as being near Abba, but it's closer than Katsu and the rest of the shops in de Pijp, which I generally went to when I stayed at the hotel. Noon is even closer. Basically, you're quite near Leidseplein, with the Bulldog offering people watching if not the greatest smoke, and all the rest of that sort of scene. Or if you'd like something quieter, head for de Pijp.

Google Maps is great for working these things out -- for example, which route to de Pijp is shorter, a question that bothered me in a minor way for ages: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Katsu ... .36271!3e2
ForDarkseid

Post by ForDarkseid »

Thanks again everyone