Your First Coffee?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
private_press

Your First Coffee?

Post by private_press »

So... when you're in town, what's the first shop you visit?

Do you have a ritualistic routine, that same shop you always head straight to from the train?

Do you prefer to check in the hotel and fly to the nearest place around the corner?

Do you have a favourite strain that you always pick up and roll with first, or do you go with the budtenders recommendation of what's best in at the moment?

My personal routine... as soon as I step off the train, I head into autopilot, get outta Centraal station ASAP. Bail across the busy pedestrian crossing, almost get knocked over by a bike, straight onto Haarlemmerstraat and into Popeye's on the corner. Pick up a G (or two if it's looking extra frosty) of some SSH and a cappuccino... granted they don't have the ultimate best weed in A'dam, however this was my first coffeeshop and strain when I first visited, and it will probably remain my routine!

How about yourself?

avfc-herbalist

Re: Your First Coffee?

Post by avfc-herbalist »

If I arrive before 10am my first Coffeeshop to visit will be Prix d'Ami for a bag of some nice Haze (usually either S5 or AMG) and a cold glass of orange juice 8).

If I arrive after 10am I always start the trip in Voyagers with a bag of whatever my nose picks out! It's usually a hard choice! I'll always take a look into the smoke box before ordering a drink though, gotta make sure there's some room :lol:. If there's room my choice of drink is fanta cassis :mrgreen:.

After the first couple of smokes it's normally time to drop our bags off at the hotel. Once we've gotten rid of our luggage we're free to just float around the city until we choose to check into our room 8).
sit back, blaze ganja and chill
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

If we fly in from the states arriving early AM we drop our bags at the hotel and make our way to the Bluebird :D it was our first stop in 1998 when we made our first trip

When we arrive by rail from another part of Europe we drop our bags and head over to Paradox :D

As far as strains go I trust my nose and look for old school strains :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Great topic, one that has been discussed before but can do with another round... :D

Our routine changes venues, but overall remains the same:

We arrive on one of the first flights in and usually halfway run through Schipol aiming straight for a train to Centraal. Once in the city we head directly for an early opening shop, last time though by way of Central for a b&f. Back in the day, when we also used to drive in, our first shop of the visit would be the Coin, the last couple of years it has been a new shop each time as some have changed opening ours quite a lot during the latter years.

In August we opted for Resin for a pit stop until Utopia opened. We usually start out with whatever weed that looks the best paired with Strawberry Delight loozas, followed by a hash /ice joint paired with lattes :D In August it was hash jounts for 5he first three as neither Central nor Resin had weed that looked or smelled good enough to be the first green of the trip, Utopia made up for that though! :D

After Utopia we usually get checked in before going out to get some grub, hook up with nugs and get melted... :mrgreen:
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I've had to vary my silly hour arrival routine quite a bit -- 1e Hulp was closed for ages, and the last time I tried to visit it should have been open, but a massive sinkhole meant the street was cordoned off, which was a bit of a bugger.

After a long trip, the coffee is as essential as the cannabis, and a biscuit completes the breakfast. I have no idea how people manage without caffeine; I'd be couchlocked, and not in a good way.
CopenhagenCouple wrote: Sun 5th Nov 2017 03:35 pm In August we opted for Resin for a pit stop until Utopia opened. We usually start out with whatever weed that looks the best paired with Strawberry Delight loozas, followed by a hash /ice joint paired with lattes :D In August it was hash jounts for 5he first three as neither Central nor Resin had weed that looked or smelled good enough to be the first green of the trip, Utopia made up for that though!
What did you end up getting from Resin, and was it to be recommended? I don't think I've ever got anything but the Cheese Hash from there, because it's excellent value and flavour, and I get lazy and unadventurous. Like you, I generally only use the place as a pit stop or a B&F, though they have a pleasant cat.

The last couple of times a later start has meant my first smoke has been at Utopia, which is frankly ideal at the moment. The Kashmir deserves to be the first smoke of the trip, on its own or mixed with some of their excellent green; I'm not keen on expensive strains as such, as the majority seem to be more about fashion than anything more perceptible, but this is up there with Birdy's Jelly Hash and Dr Grinspoon from wherever it's good in terms of justifying its premium. I get a superstrong coffee, and there's wifi and a place to charge if necessary. Pity I'm usually too early for it, though I usually make my way there shortly after opening, oddly.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Looked for the cheese hash because you recommended it FOD, but they were out sadly. Looked at three different Moroccans IIRC, ended up getting top one (12 maybe?). Was a decent classic, brown caramel color with darker edges. Taste was ok, as was effect, but went straight to Utopia where we had (among other things) their diamond polm which was much better on both fronts... Resin was chilled and a good alternative to Picasso as a pit stop before Utopia opens, so thanks for the recommendation! :D
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

our flights are overnight and we arrive at 6-7am at Schipol after 6 hr flight.

head straight to centraal, check bags in the lockers at train station...then we are off!

Straight to Haarlemmerstraat, Barneys for whatever, last few trips it's been red dragon, vanilla kush, utopia haze, grinspoon and tangerine dream. then its across the street for breakfast. there's usually one near paranoia attack before we're off to stop two... usually Voyagers.

this has been the pattern for years, although i think last time we walked straight to 1e Hulp, man bad decision...it's a long walk, should have trammed it.

a few trips back we stayed across the street from Basjoe when James still owned it. lol i remember my buddy at the time wanted to taxi from centraal to near Basjoe...haha it's like a 10-15 min walk.

around 12-1pm head back to train station to pick up bags and off to wherever we are staying for early check in.. then collapse in deep stoner sleep for 3-4 hours.. then back out for night one in Amsterdam.

ahhhhh....now that's got me wanting to get back over there immediately... sigh
Amsterdam dreaming.............
private_press

Post by private_press »

our flights are overnight and we arrive at 6-7am at Schipol after 6 hr flight.
It's all about those early morning flights! It's super hard on the first day, if you've been up travelling all night... but there's just something about arriving as the city is coming to life in the morning, and knowing as soon as you've had your first smoke, you've got the ENTIRE day to play in the city... and have a session! :twisted:

I always get the 06:00 flight in... which gets me off the train in the city centre at 08:45, if everything goes smooth. By the time I've found my way out the station (swear I forget how centraal works, every damn time... and I know it's simple!), I'm at Popeyes' just as it's opening. Ready to get my favourite spot in the window and sit and think "all these people going to work today, and I'm just sat smoking this haaaaze!" :D

I can't wait for next Wednesday.

Thinking the plan for the first day this time... Popeyes > Siberie (new coffeeshop for myself), take some photos down on a little jetty near by on the canal as the light is still lovely in the morning > grey area > paradox > la tertulia (new one for me) > johnny's > borejongens west > big burgers for lunch at The Happy Bull, take some snaps at Lomanstraat (stoned photography is so so much fun, and after all this haze, should be feeling VERY creative) > nice stroll through Vondelpark > stroll back to the Hostel to smoke some of the mornings purchases, get a couple hours kip in then head down to the hostel smoking room to find my spot for the evening, meet some new folk and have an almighty session!

I'm sure you all get as excited as I do before an A'dam trip. Does anyone meticulously plan out their day before they arrive in pure excitement? :D
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Yep gotta love the early morning landings I also love having the whole day ahead of me.
First stop is always Voyagers and I rarely leave without a gram of Lemon Bubble rolled into a fatty.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

TwoCanucks wrote: Mon 6th Nov 2017 09:53 pmthis has been the pattern for years, although i think last time we walked straight to 1e Hulp, man bad decision...it's a long walk, should have trammed it.
You could have taken the 197 bus from Schiphol, which goes straight to 1e Hulp. Nobody ever does this, for some reason. I never do it myself, but that's because I almost never arrive at Schiphol. If I did, I might.

I generally get in before 6, at Duivendrecht. Going straight to anywhere by public transport would mean arriving too early, which is pointless, so I take the Metro one of the stations past Amstel (because of the city's peculiar shape, it doesn't really matter which) and walk 30-45 minutes to 1e Hulp. On one occasion I arrived early, at 4, and walked the whole stretch. With the best will in the world, it was only 6 when I reached Leidseplein, so I walked on to Centraal Station to get a cold drink from the AH. Then I walked back out to 1e Hulp, because after all that taking a tram for 4 stops would have been silly. You are all wimps.
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

I pretty much get off the plane, straight onto the train to check into my hotel. Then head to easytimes.
It's now just routine and I am on autopilot until it's completed lol
Just a chick counting the days to her next trip...
ForDarkseid

Post by ForDarkseid »

I arrive on Dec 4th landing at 11 am and staying at Hotel Abba in Overtoom, been 11 years since I last visited but Im thinking I should hopefully be in the hotel and ready to start the party around 12:30 maybe ? Not sure if Ill stay up that end or head down to Centrum area.

Thoughts?
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

My immediate thought is start the party in Voyagers / Central and then route to the Hotel. See what happens then. It will probably be more fun than just booting it straight to hotel.
Assuming you're arriving through cs that is.
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
ForDarkseid

Post by ForDarkseid »

No Chance lol, done that before. Want my bags down for the day so I dont have to think about anything apart from the routes between CS. Ye Schipol to CS....Done that one time, what a state trying to get the hotel
danny211204

Post by danny211204 »

get the 7.00am from Manchester, land train to central over the road into Voyagers where i allways stay so its bags in room then on the session, !st spliff usually Lemon bubble or Super lemon haze whens on the menu, then onto the next 10days of madness!! roll on 420/2018 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: