Unity/High Times Cup 2017 Amsterdam winners

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Marok21

Unity/High Times Cup 2017 Amsterdam winners

Post by Marok21 »

Winners of the cup:

https://www.smokersguide.com/featured/1 ... hrhWeRe7cs

Congratulation to Dampkring (Handboogstraat) for their cups. They hadn´t a real chance in the past with Arjaan and Barneys... over the years I had some awesome stuff from Dampkring and for me they deserved it :thumbup: Well as far as I know they are not really known for their kush and us strains in general... more for their nice hazes like the Mexican but it would be nice to get some new flavors from there :D

Furthermore it´s always nice when Voyagers win a cup :D also Grey Area congratulations!

Papi

Re: Unity/High Times Cup 2017 Amsterdam winners

Post by Papi »

Had you seen the Sb ice that won the cup for grey area, you wouldn't be congratulating:D
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Papi wrote: Mon 27th Nov 2017 11:00 am Had you seen the Sb ice that won the cup for grey area, you wouldn't be congratulating:D
I didn´t seen it. That sounds not good :? is it bad like the dead bugs which had been found on their Grey Crystals 1 or 2 years back? :roll: or was it just not worth the money?

Well personally I don´t get many things from them because I smoke mostly hash... but they was one of the only shops (if not the only) that sold alot of US genetics in the past. Then Voyagers, Greenplace... entered the game :mrgreen: So for me they deserved the cup for bringing the new flavours to Amsterdam :lol:

Grey Area have still some great weed on the menu... but you have to take a look before buying because not everything on their menu is always nice quality (sometimes black ash)... Voyagers has not so many strains on the menu but usually they are all nice.
Papi

Post by Papi »

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Good old Grey Area, pushing the boundaries of hash production, this will fit in great with the rest of the shit on the menu :lol:

Good on Voyagers, still number 1 IMO :mrgreen:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Papi wrote: Mon 27th Nov 2017 07:55 pm
OK that looks poor :lol: like some pretty low quality "ice" :? or worse... By the way I didn´t seen any decent ice for years in dam :?

Interesting what he wrote about "jelly hashes"... most coffeeshops still say it´s usual hash just so sticky because of the genetics :roll:
1 Hulp has usual good hash but sometimes the named hashes are not so nice as he said :roll: well not mixed hash but sometimes I had "harsh" tasting hash from here.... wich could be done better for sure... anyway I would also prefer to smoke that than this strange super sticky hashes...
Papi

Post by Papi »

Guys from Alchemy Extracts know their shit, i tried couple of things from them when i met the crew in Barcelona some time ago.
Puro fuego
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Happy to see the SB ICE from GA where it deserves to be, it's a delightful smoke! Always best to get it unpressed. I don't understand all the hate, my only gripe is it's overpriced.

Must check out the Mango Haze in Bhageera next time I'm there.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

EEEK! That hash looks like the bag split or something.

In my eyes a cup winning ice water extraction would need to be 6 star melt, SUPER tasty and equally potent if it was going to make up for being so visibly full of 'contaminant'.

It's impossible to have a credible judgment based on someone else's opinion; but from experience - on looks alone I'm not expecting any of the delicate mono-terpenes to have survived a wash that ended up so dark and full of plant material.
Nothing that colour or with that amount of contaminant will ever be 6 star melt.

@
Marok21 wrote: Mon 27th Nov 2017 11:07 pm Interesting what he wrote about "jelly hashes"... most coffeeshops still say it´s usual hash just so sticky because of the genetics :roll:
I also noted that :) and have often thought it.
Oh the 'good old days' - when we thought jelly hash was 'top shelf'
:D
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

Will Amsterdam ever switch from ice hash to rosin? Seems better idea. It's best to press after 10 days of hanging for max extract and terps. Also solves the storage issues of size, and risks of mold.
Shells sink. Dreams float.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

OneHighMofo wrote: Tue 28th Nov 2017 01:55 pm Oh the 'good old days' - when we thought jelly hash was 'top shelf'
When it would be produced with top quality ice hash and clean oil it can be a very good for sure... but a hash of that kind wouldn´t be cheap... the cheaper super sticky hashes that sold atm made me still suspicious :?

More and more coffeeshops have rosin on their menus but it´s often made of "cheaper" import hash and to expensive in my opinion for the quality. You get better product from other sources there :roll:
Polos

Post by Polos »

Excuse me guys, what is Jelly hasy ?
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Jelly Hash is a mixture of Dry Sift resin heads bound together with low-grade (probably made with alcohol) oil.
My personal feeling is - avoid if you value your lungs.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

OneHighMofo wrote: Mon 4th Dec 2017 11:39 am Jelly Hash is a mixture of Dry Sift resin heads bound together with low-grade (probably made with alcohol) oil.
+1 but I also heard about Jelly hash made out of "Bubble hash" + oil

Like said before I am sceptical, too but on the other hand when they produce it in morocco they could have a lot of weed on hand... and when the dry sift and the oil would be made really professional and clean it could be also be a nice product and wouldn´t be so expensive because of the cheap producing...

but who knows how they really make it and the risk that you get contaminated hash that is really bad for your health is much bigger than with "usual" hash... in the end the question is if you trust your dealer...but many dealers still don´t know anything about their hash and coffeeshops that sold constant quality in the past sell now weekly changing batches :?

By the way I tried some of Dampkrings Rifman Asli hash (Cup winner) from a friend and it´s more a darker brown classic moroccan hash :) pretty hard but with a little bit of hand warmth it´s getting softer pretty fast... it had a good oil content (but not sticky or something)and a nice rare "hashy" natural smell :lol: that was different to most moroccans I had in the last time. I can´t describe it more because I only smoked a little bit and like said before it wasn´t my stuff :D
macky

Post by macky »

OneHighMofo wrote: Mon 4th Dec 2017 11:39 am Jelly Hash is a mixture of Dry Sift resin heads bound together with low-grade (probably made with alcohol) oil.
Soma resident of Amsterdam and one of origanal seed bank owner,s is Know as big jelly guy.
His is made with butane concentre mixed with bubble hash .
I believe the mix has changed over the years ,we used to get really stoned off jelly from Birdys now not so much :lol: