Bongs in coffeeshops

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Smirks

Re: Bongs in coffeeshops

Post by Smirks »

Another update from 420 trip...

Het Ballonetje: they now have 3 working bongs, which were all more or less clean.

Papi

Post by Papi »

Update from 10.06:

420 cafe- bongs bongs bongs, clean as always, but getting smaller and shittier, probably due to people breaking them.

The Plug/Utopia- Jack installed new bongs, roor ones, clean, but them bowls are too sophisticated and unpractical

Ballonetje - walked in, clean roor with nice bowl sitting in there. Test-rip went smoothly, so did the others.
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
Laygord

Post by Laygord »

I've never mustered the energy to ask for a hookah in a shop that I saw one in, mostly due to being way too stoned or the bong being in a nasty condition, but I'm curious how you guys handle it regarding tobacco.
I'm a chronic bong smoker and really enjoy hashes, so smoking a big ole bowl mixed with a generous portion of tobacco would be natural to me. I do realize however that that's sort of disgusting and disruptive for a number of reasons.
Stinks the place up, dirties the bong even quicker and makes it plain obvious that there's tobacco consumption going on in the shop - a difficult scenario when coupled with the strange anti-smoking laws that are in place in Holland.

So how do you guys tend to get your "proper kickin'" bong rips on?
I've read about the hash-f(r)iends here using a base of cheap "Thai"/"Jamaican" to stuff their bowl. Do some of you just go with the "don't ask don't tell" approach and go light on the tobacco amount?
I'd imagine that the best bet would be to indulge in my nasty habit within one of those "tobacco-friendly" fishbolws that some shops feature.

Just another reminder to myself that I need to quit the 'baccy at one point or another :shifty:
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Smoke a few bowls of green, don’t clean the ash out, then crumble your hash on top of the ash and light the bong.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

When I used to smoke pure hash bongs. I would just use those metal pipe-screens on put my hash on top of those in the bowl, usually does the trick.

Edit: the mesh/actual screen looking ones. Not those shitty German-style ones with the big-holes and handle extending out of the (conical) bowl and onto the lip/rim of the bowl.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Smirks wrote: Sun 10th Jun 2018 05:15 pm Coffeeshop: De Kade
Bong Situation: They have a very small bong for use. It was clean but maybe because nobody had ever used it there before.
I see bongs are very much on your mind today, eh? :mrgreen:

I thought you always traveled with (or purchased on the ground at least) a bong though?

Edit: I see they're very much in my head too, because for some reason I thought I had clicked on another thread, and not just simply gone back one page... whoops! :lol:
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Fri 22nd Feb 2019 01:44 pm When I used to smoke pure hash bongs. I would just use those metal pipe-screens on put my hash on top of those in the bowl, usually does the trick.

Edit: the mesh/actual screen looking ones. Not those shitty German-style ones with the big-holes and handle extending out of the (conical) bowl and onto the lip/rim of the bowl.
The mesh ones may be ok for one or two hits but they’re not good and I rate the “shitty German-style” ones much higher than them. If you do use mesh screens, the silvery ones are better than the bronze ones. The main problem with the mesh ones is they disintegrate after not many bowls at all and frankly I don’t want to be inhaling whatever bi-products result from that.

The other type is very robust and won’t be disintegrating, plus it’s much easier to clean out the ash before the next hit. There are more than one type of these screens available and some of these I agree are not very good, but as a genre they rock much harder than the flimsy gauzes.
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Fri 22nd Feb 2019 01:47 pm
Smirks wrote: Sun 10th Jun 2018 05:15 pm Coffeeshop: De Kade
Bong Situation: They have a very small bong for use. It was clean but maybe because nobody had ever used it there before.
I see bongs are very much on your mind today, eh? :mrgreen:

I thought you always traveled with (or purchased on the ground at least) a bong though?

Edit: I see they're very much in my head too, because for some reason I thought I had clicked on another thread, and not just simply gone back one page... whoops! :lol:
Think you’ve already realized this was an old thread and most of the posts were from last year. I do sometimes purchase a bong on arrival but not always. In any case, purpose of the thread was to provide (hopefully) useful info for those looking for bongs in coffee shops, because, you see, not all druggies are selfish ;)
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Smirks wrote: Fri 22nd Feb 2019 05:38 pm
DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Fri 22nd Feb 2019 01:44 pm When I used to smoke pure hash bongs. I would just use those metal pipe-screens on put my hash on top of those in the bowl, usually does the trick.

The mesh ones may be ok for one or two hits but they’re not good and I rate the “shitty German-style” ones much higher than them. If you do use mesh screens, the silvery ones are better than the bronze ones. The main problem with the mesh ones is they disintegrate after not many bowls at all and frankly I don’t want to be inhaling whatever bi-products result from that.

The other type is very robust and won’t be disintegrating, plus it’s much easier to clean out the ash before the next hit. There are more than one type of these screens available and some of these I agree are not very good, but as a genre they rock much harder than the flimsy gauzes.
You're probably right. I've just seen the more standard sized German ones and in my experience the big holes gave a weird drag/airflow for smoking just hash. But if there are ones that are finer/closer to mesh, I do imagine they could work quite nicely.

Never really considered the disintegrating screen dilemma, yikes! 😧
Laygord

Post by Laygord »

I've just seen the more standard sized German ones and in my experience the big holes gave a weird drag/airflow for smoking just hash.
That's why one fills the bowl to the brim with tobacco though innit :crazy: :lol:
Never really considered the disintegrating screen dilemma, yikes!
What Smirk says about those mesh screens is right, after extended use the middle part just falls through the chillum and you're left with a big hole in the mesh. I went through a 5-pack of those pretty quickly, while I had to change my "german style" sieve only a couple times over the last however many years, because the joint broke off when handling the ash.

You can also give them a thorough treatment with the lighter and a little poke with a toothpick and they're as good as new.
Smoke a few bowls of green, don’t clean the ash out, then crumble your hash on top of the ash and light the bong.
Cheers, I'll try that. I think I've heard that advice before but I've never done it yet.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

I do have to add as an aside, that I thoroughly enjoy the thought and initiative behind this thread Smirks, kudos to you.

I haven't smoked a coffeeshop bong in ages, but it's a nice little reference guide. A similar parallel vape equipment guide + dab-friendly/tolerant guide could be a similarly useful/interesting undertaking me thinks... if only I could be arsed to do so...
NotSoIncognito

Post by NotSoIncognito »

Another option as a mixer in bongs (etc) if you cant tolerate tobacco is what they call AVB - already vaped bud. It burns well, and doesn't ruin the flavour or effect of hash. Rather than emptying into the ashtray, just bag up the vaped weed ready for when you want to smoke some hash!

As for thai/jamaican etc, you just need a little in the mix to make sure the hash burns quickly enough not to go out. Otherwise you'll end up smoking lighter fumes with your hash while you constantly flame it to get a bong hit. In my experience!
macky

Post by macky »

Vap leftovers ,ashes what wrong with hash mixed with good old weed :D
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

macky wrote: Sun 24th Feb 2019 05:55 pm Vap leftovers ,ashes what wrong with hash mixed with good old weed :D
Because, as you know well, sometimes cannabis connoisseurs like to experience the taste and effects of just one type at a time. :)
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Sat 23rd Feb 2019 08:59 am I do have to add as an aside, that I thoroughly enjoy the thought and initiative behind this thread Smirks, kudos to you.

I haven't smoked a coffeeshop bong in ages, but it's a nice little reference guide. A similar parallel vape equipment guide + dab-friendly/tolerant guide could be a similarly useful/interesting undertaking me thinks... if only I could be arsed to do so...
Go on, do it, you know you want to.