Luminous & spacious coffeeshops

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
collapse787

Luminous & spacious coffeeshops

Post by collapse787 »

Hello everyone,

I come back to Amsterdam city center in a few day and I would like to know if you can advise me coffeeshops luminous and not too narrow.

Most of the coffeshops that I have tried are dark, smoky and stifling.

So if you know places more luminious, fresh and with a good atmosphere, well that's what I'm looking for.

Thank you.

OneHighMofo

Re: Luminous & spacious coffeeshops

Post by OneHighMofo »

I think the largest are (in no particular order):

Funky Monkey
Ibiza
Old Amsterdam
420 Cafe
Prix D'ami (very young crowd)

137 has a fair amount of space although does sit within a 'standard' dutch Canal House so with this style of Coffeeshop the restriction on width is going to be governed by the layout of the tables. Other shops in this narrow but reasonably spacious category might be Yo Yo, Solo, Siberie, Rusland perhaps. Goa maybe. Het Gelderse is spacious as there's never anyone in there! :lol:

Probably the largest smoker spaces would be a couple of the smoker friendly bars. Doors Palace is huge, Soundgarden has a nice big garden.

Places to avoid:
Voyagers (super small)
Grey Area (standing room only)
Bluebird
Het Ballonetje

Which will be a real shame as they're among some of the best shops - great for a buy and fly though.
Do you mind me asking about the reason for your enquiry? What type of atmosphere are you looking for? Quiet and relaxing? Or lively and buzzing?
collapse787

Post by collapse787 »

Thank you very much for all these valuable tips !

I'm looking forward to try your selection!

To answer your question, I used to smoke in spacious spot with clearance view and a good ventilation , therefor when I'm sit down in a tiny dark room in coffeeshop I'm feel not really confortable ( I know I'm getting old...). It can be lively but for me the most important it's space and fresh air :)
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Good recommendations by the lanky mofo, although we don't agree about het Ballonnetje... Every time we have been there, except for our group visit last 420, there has been plenty of room downstairs and the air has been quite clear (it is a coffeeshop so expect a whiff of weed smoke once in a while). Avoid the upstairs as it quickly gets stuffy.

Another very roomy shop is The Spirit, also one of our "off the beaten path" favorites, pretty sure it's close to top three with respect to square meters and the air is usually ok. Hash is on point here, weed is not tops (but not bad either) nice coffee and good, chill local atmosphere. The arcade games, pinball and pool table is another bonus. Great take off point for a trip through the Jordaan also as you are right at the top of it...

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Yeah you're right about the Balloon. The high ceiling is enough to make it feel spacios enough to not be claustrophobic and the quality of the product speaks for itself.
I've never been in Spirit bro - let's change that in April.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Again I beg to differ brother, we visited that very place together last summer, 'twas the one you mistook for the kettle in your TR... ;)

You didn't buy anything at the spirit (which might be why the visit didn't stick), although we grabbed a few bits before we were off on our trip led by Nugs :D

Let's revisit in April! :D

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

collapse787 wrote: Tue 23rd Jan 2018 06:24 pmI used to smoke in spacious spot with clearance view and a good ventilation , therefor when I'm sit down in a tiny dark room in coffeeshop I'm feel not really confortable ( I know I'm getting old...). It can be lively but for me the most important it's space and fresh air :)
For that sort of atmosphere I'd recommend Siberië in the centre. Yo-Yo in de Pijp could pass for a café you could take your non-smoking mother to, and in the same area Katsu has benches where you can smoke outside. (Ibiza is large, but pretty dark throughout, I think.)
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Get Down To It, near Leidseplein is really big too.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
collapse787

Post by collapse787 »

Thank you everybody for your advices !
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

La Tertulia upstairs is spacious, 2 walls of natural lighting, and a ventilator circulating outside air.nice folks with high quality organic weed to boot.