Coffeeshop Vibes - Are they chill?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
happysocks

Coffeeshop Vibes - Are they chill?

Post by happysocks »

I'll be in Amsterdam and Almere soon, and I'd love to check out a few coffeeshops while there. What kinds of vibes are there with coffeeshops? I would assume at least a lot of them are chill/laid back given their product, but I'd also guess there can be more popular and crowded/rowdy ones than others, yes? (Or am I way off?)

I'm really interested in finding places that aren't obnoxiously crowded but are frequented enough to offer good people watching, where I can comfortably go in alone to sit down and smoke/sip coffee/relax for a couple hours in a peaceful/friendly/laid back environment. Is this a realistic ambition?

Feel encouraged to throw out specific suggestions.

OneHighMofo

Re: Coffeeshop Vibes - Are they chill?

Post by OneHighMofo »

You’re entirely right my friend there are all sorts of vibes available and most of the coffee shops can fit either description. Mostly down to how you’re feeling on any given day as vibe is often beholden by the observer - but there are shops where you might expect a certain type of clientele and ambience.

Voyagers, grey area, green place, 1e Hulp and Prix d’ami and most of the other shops in town you’ll probably find laden with a younger crowd. Perhaps 18-30 with a lively vibe.

YoYo, Solo, la tertulia, katsu you’ll find popular with an older crowd. 25\30+ With a more laid back ‘be quiet’ ambience

Have fun! Take some nice vibes with you and you’ll have a great time.
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Some shops have a totally different vibe at different times the BlueBird is mellow in the early morning but gets packed with buy and fly in the afternoon and I don’t like the night vibe :( but love the morning vibe :D
Another hint, is listen to the music if you don’t like it move on :lol:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
WLow

Post by WLow »

Agreed with Ohm and Willjay on the choice of shops,

i would add Club Media on the chill list never had trouble there, products are good not to pricey and they're not pushy on the drinks we always could stay how long we wanted. Daytime is generally quiet and it can get a little busier after 5pm in my experience, mostly locals coming for a smoke (like katsu at night).

If you explore the pijp you will find other shops that are quiet during the day, the Greenhouse on tolstraat is a good example you most likely be the only people in :mrgreen:

have a great trip.