Looking for chilled coffeeshop

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
James420

Looking for chilled coffeeshop

Post by James420 »

Me and my lady always visit Amsterdam but we want to find somewhere more for couples as we always seem to be sitting around a bunch of guys. So does anyone know of a more couple friendly coffee shop? Somewhere quiet where we can hear each other talk with chilling music in the background

CopenhagenCouple

Re: Looking for chilled coffeeshop

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

You'll find many shops fitting your preferences, most outside the center but also a good number in the center. Good bets could be Utopia, Het Ballonnetje, The Spirit, Tweede Kamer (can be very busy, but very chill also, plus great coffee), Rookies (a bit more bar feel and lively, but easy to find a corner to chill in) and Bluebird (in the early hours).

There are also a number of Smoker's friendly establishments that could be worth a visit, forum favorites include Sound Garden, La Grotte and (the diamond of Smoker's friendly bars) Batavia. La Grotte is perfect for a chill breccy or a quick lunch while enjoying the fruits of Amsterdam, Sound Garden awesome for a beer along the canal (weather permitting ofc). Batavia is, well, Batavia! Good food, great beer, great staff, mixed (and very friendly) clientele and the best canal side smoker's lounge on the planet. It can get very packed and the air quite heavy, but it's an awesome place! :mrgreen:

Have fun!

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

La tertulia, Solo, Siberie and YoYo are the places I’d take my girlfriend.
la2019

Post by la2019 »

Coffeeshop Relax is another very chilled place, at least every time I've been these. Definitely has the feel of a local cafe. I second the YoYo and Solo recommendations. Oh, and the Old Church coffeeshop (not the cafe/bar) was pretty relaxed when I was there.
Mostly it's all down to luck really; the vibe tends to change with the crowd.
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

Yeah I would agree with the above. Ive had both chilled and fairly hectic experiences in the same coffeeshoos at different times. Avoiding shops that have sizeable social media presence is a good start. Places like 1e hulp, easy times can sometimes be heaving with a younger crowd. Have a backup so that if one place isn't doing it for you, you can hit the next spot. It might be worth looking for smoker friendly bars, hit a buy n fly spot (voyagers) then relocate to a smoke friendly bar or eatery (batavia). Like most situations in Amsterdam there is rarely anything 100% concrete, it's more of a what is most likely to hit the spot.

We are like yourselves, while young at heart, we do prefer a less hectic atmosphere to smoke in.. unless we are out on the lash of course.
junglelion

Post by junglelion »

Surprised no one has mentioned Kashmir. Nice chilled out place.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Yeah I deffo second Kashmir - only been once but it was certainly nice and quiet and comfy.
I also second The Old Church too - every time I've been in there the vibe has been 'couples quietly chatting' with relaxing electronic music. I like it there very much.
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Well, OHMF beat me to it. My wife doesn’t smoke, but will go with me to La Tertulia, Siberie, Yo-Yo, Rookies, and sitting along a canal.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Kandinsky Rosmarijnsteeg, me and the pig love to spend the evening in there, New times and Dutch flowers (420) are near and we find both pretty chilled during the evening as well.

8)
kalima

Post by kalima »

definitely Siberie and I would also recommend katsu, especially as you can sit outside and take in the world walking past, as the road is predestinised
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

MrK and Co is usually pretty chilled upstairs
ignoring spellcheck since 1986