Supply and demand

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Fat_old_dwarf

Supply and demand

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

One of the more pointless provisions of the illogical Dutch cannabis laws is to bar shops from stocking more than 500g at any one time. But my last visit seemed to be more miss than hit.

First stop, 1e Hulp -- no sour diesel hash. OK, it's opening time, so likely to be more pot luck than usual, and an excuse to try the cannalope haze hash, which the dealer assures me is quite similar, though it is and isn't. Second is Utopia, where there's no hash of any kind and no Citral at least, though of course the weed menu is very extensive and I don't ask about others. Third up, Central, where I see the person in front of me buy 4.8g of amnesia hash, and guess that he's getting the last of it rather than going for interesting numbers. I was right. After that I was lucky enough to find super silver haze hash in Bagheera, where I've had to come back in the past, but then went for that elusive second smoke to 2e Kamer, where silverback block was sold out. Etc., etc.

I know enough not to get hung up on particular strains, and as I wend my way through the picturesque streets of the Dam, I tell myself that there's still far more choice of good hash than I'd ever find at home, along with the facility to smoke it in a civilised environment. Also, the particular hash sorts I like are those that are popularity, so it's not surprising they're often sold out -- for that matter, this board may well contribute to that more than I tend to think, because of course it's not the handful of posters who can be arsed to contribute who read this. and take note. But there have always been popular strains. Are the authorities getting stricter (something tells me there are ways and means shops might get round the stock thing) or have I just had a run of bad luck?

redeyezman

Re: Supply and demand

Post by redeyezman »

Tough break.
Shells sink. Dreams float.