THE XBOX GAMERTAG NAZIS HAVE STRUCK...USBQNGLORD..WTF

Things to play.

Moderator: Balou

Dava

Post by Dava »

Kingdoc wrote:3 words about alienware,Built to last 8).
indeed it is!, its got like a steel body and the way it sits up on the worktop for airflow is very good! some beasty grills/fans underneath! its not too noisy either for what it is.

until you boot a game up and the gtx260m starts running thats when ya can hear it! only played left for dead 2 on it tho!

TRANCE

Post by TRANCE »

Dava wrote:
indeed it is!, its got like a steel body and the way it sits up on the worktop for airflow is very good! some beasty grills/fans underneath! its not too noisy either for what it is.

until you boot a game up and the gtx260m starts running thats when ya can hear it! only played left for dead 2 on it tho!
Last time I looked and had a play with an Alienware M17x, they cost £1600. Without doubt I fell in love with the thing, it's simply a top gaming laptop, but for that price I couldn't justify getting one. Hats off to you though, I'm jealous as hell. :wink:
MY AMSTERDAM MAP = www.amsterdamer.supanet.com
Dava

Post by Dava »

TRANCE wrote:
Dava wrote:

Last time I looked and had a play with an Alienware M17x, they cost £1600. Without doubt I fell in love with the thing, it's simply a top gaming laptop, but for that price I couldn't justify getting one. Hats off to you though, I'm jealous as hell. :wink:

£1600 <-- basic package?

this one is around the £2000 grand mark.

luckily i didnt buy it myself ;) company let me choose what i wanted (being my dads company) haha

il tell you the specs

intel t9800 dual core @2.93ghz
nvidia gtx260m + 9400m chipset (beleive its that one/cant remember)
1920x1200 resolution (1200p )
blu-ray slip drive
4GB ram

thats just from the top of my head, bought it in like november last year!
HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Post by HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe »

SoulRider wrote:
cantona7 wrote: iv known alot of pc gamers and they are all quick to say how much better pc gaming is and if you have a console your a lame. I even had a few always telling me how "superior" using a mouse and keyboard is when playing first person shooters. I dont think ones better than the other as its personal preference.
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/713/ ... g-project/

If you don't want to click the link here is the main quote from Rahul Sood, Voodoo PC founder and current CTO of gaming at HP -
I've heard from reliable sources that during the development they brought together the best console gamers to play mediocre PC gamers at the same game... and guess what happened? They pitted console gamers with their "console" controller, against PC gamers with their keyboard and mouse.
The console players got destroyed every time. So much so that it would be embarrassing to the XBOX team in general had Microsoft launched this initiative.
There is a simple reason a keyboard and mouse is better than a controller, and that the device's reaction time.

In the fraction of a second it takes you to move you thumb to full lock on the joystick of your controller, the PC player moves his wrist to full lock at the same time and speed. The difference is your character is just beginning to turn in response to the moving right, the PC player in his small movement has completely turned and is facing you and shooting.

I've been programming some cross platform games and I tried playing some of the games with a controller, but the reaction times of the controller didn't enable you to play the game properly, it took too long with the analogue controller, so people kept dying. I ended up removing controller support.

This is for FPS, and is also true for strategy games imagine trying to play SC2 against the pro players on a controller, these guys are doing 300actions per minute on a PC, i defy anyone to even do 300 random button presses on a controller in a minute, it is not possible.

PC gamers and Xbox gamers can happily kill each other online, if their controllers are equal, but a controller will never match a mouse, thats the real issue, a keyboard has buttons like a controller, the mouse is the real xbox killer.
Soulrider you are 199% correct mate, do you play much online?
Boner wrote:If k&m were as good as the pc gamers think it is there would be a set-up available to console gamers - in my humble opinion of course, hell just whack the sensitivity up on whatever games you're playing and you'll see just how good a controller is.
Sorry boner I 199% disagree with this mate :P, I have tried adjusting my controller for FPS and its just not doable unless you have aim assist which the vast majority of console FPS have, kinda like cheating that. An option for K&M is in unreal 3 for the PS3 but I believe the K&M is borked.
HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Dava wrote:

Or do what I did, build yer own for about half the price. Alienware pay 500quid for a badge on yer case basically. 3 years ago I build my current aging behemoth, intel core2 e6850 overclocked to the fucking limit, 4gig ram, SB x-fi and 8800gt (cannot belive I am still using it, the longest a card has done me) and it was 700 quid cheaper than a similarly specced Alienware and I did not skimp on compnents have a gigabyte P35 mobo, 700w OCZ psu and crazyhorse zalman GPU and CPU coolers, 2 500gig WD black drives and a pretty expensive Gigabyte case. Just realised you have a lappy, my statement still stands with desktops though :P .
Dava

Post by Dava »

HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe wrote:
Dava wrote:

Or do what I did, build yer own for about half the price. Alienware pay 500quid for a badge on yer case basically. 3 years ago I build my current aging behemoth, intel core2 e6850 overclocked to the fucking limit, 4gig ram, SB x-fi and 8800gt (cannot belive I am still using it, the longest a card has done me) and it was 700 quid cheaper than a similarly specced Alienware and I did not skimp on compnents have a gigabyte P35 mobo, 700w OCZ psu and crazyhorse zalman GPU and CPU coolers, 2 500gig WD black drives and a pretty expensive Gigabyte case. Just realised you have a lappy, my statement still stands with desktops though :P .
yes i can agree with you on the desktops, you can put together a very good system yourself, but can you do the final software/hardware tweaks that these companies do?

and yeah it is a laptop! and yeah the prices are high but then again i have ALWAYS wanted a alienware!, check out ORIGIN ( the founders of alienware new company) the cases they use are no-where near as good as the alienware cases tho!

also MSI do cheap gaming laptops that look good and another company called ROCK. i beleive alot of them use the same skeleton for their laptops though thats why i like alienware because they are 'unique'
HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Dava wrote:
HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe wrote:
Dava wrote: indeed it is!, its got like a steel body and the way it sits up on the worktop for airflow is very good! some beasty grills/fans underneath! its not too noisy either for what it is.

yes i can agree with you on the desktops, you can put together a very good system yourself, but can you do the final software/hardware tweaks that these companies do?

and yeah it is a laptop! and yeah the prices are high but then again i have ALWAYS wanted a alienware!, check out ORIGIN ( the founders of alienware new company) the cases they use are no-where near as good as the alienware cases tho!

also MSI do cheap gaming laptops that look good and another company called ROCK. i beleive alot of them use the same skeleton for their laptops though thats why i like alienware because they are 'unique'
Well I consider myself a pretty experienced PC builder and fixer uper lol so I would say I could but i dont know what tweaks they do but I am intrigued, what hardware and software tweaks do they do that they charge an arm and a leg for. IMO Alienwares cases are horrible, I never liked the garish cases they do. Antec p180 FTW for me but thats just my taste mates of mine really go for the total gaming look in their PCs.
Dava

Post by Dava »

wow! you dont like the alienware cases?? thats a first!

WOW!
HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Ya mate just not my bag. I like the 2001 monolith design like the Antec P180.
Like Clark Kent, quiet and unassuming but inside beats the heart of a supercomputer, lol. Anyway back to Starcraft 2 lol.
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
Boner

Post by Boner »

ftcarer wrote:little bump for you Xbox users
http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/cd ... affcd.html
Thats all down to the reporting system on Live, my last GT (itsboner) got banned and when I phoned up customer support they told me if enough people complain it automatically bans the tag/person - yes it sucks but it's all in the T&C's you agree to when you sign up to Live.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

middle america attacks...scared of the shadows and god fearin folks there..only prob is half of em are on meth...just my rant...
rockin into the night
bishy69

Re: THE XBOX GAMERTAG NAZIS HAVE STRUCK...USBQNGLORD..WTF

Post by bishy69 »

iLuV CaNaBiiSH Add Away guys :)
BaK iN AmSTeRDaM GoDs CouNTRy ApRiL BaBy

April 19-22 2015
treetop

Re: THE XBOX GAMERTAG NAZIS HAVE STRUCK...USBQNGLORD..WTF

Post by treetop »

bishy69 wrote:iLuV CaNaBiiSH Add Away guys :)
You are the thread necromancer bishy. :o
How much did you produce?