THE XBOX GAMERTAG NAZIS HAVE STRUCK...USBQNGLORD..WTF

Things to play.

Moderator: Balou

SoulRider

Post by SoulRider »

cantona7 wrote: iv known alot of pc gamers and they are all quick to say how much better pc gaming is and if you have a console your a lame. I even had a few always telling me how "superior" using a mouse and keyboard is when playing first person shooters. I dont think ones better than the other as its personal preference.
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/713/ ... g-project/

If you don't want to click the link here is the main quote from Rahul Sood, Voodoo PC founder and current CTO of gaming at HP -
I've heard from reliable sources that during the development they brought together the best console gamers to play mediocre PC gamers at the same game... and guess what happened? They pitted console gamers with their "console" controller, against PC gamers with their keyboard and mouse.
The console players got destroyed every time. So much so that it would be embarrassing to the XBOX team in general had Microsoft launched this initiative.
There is a simple reason a keyboard and mouse is better than a controller, and that the device's reaction time.

In the fraction of a second it takes you to move you thumb to full lock on the joystick of your controller, the PC player moves his wrist to full lock at the same time and speed. The difference is your character is just beginning to turn in response to the moving right, the PC player in his small movement has completely turned and is facing you and shooting.

I've been programming some cross platform games and I tried playing some of the games with a controller, but the reaction times of the controller didn't enable you to play the game properly, it took too long with the analogue controller, so people kept dying. I ended up removing controller support.

This is for FPS, and is also true for strategy games imagine trying to play SC2 against the pro players on a controller, these guys are doing 300actions per minute on a PC, i defy anyone to even do 300 random button presses on a controller in a minute, it is not possible.

PC gamers and Xbox gamers can happily kill each other online, if their controllers are equal, but a controller will never match a mouse, thats the real issue, a keyboard has buttons like a controller, the mouse is the real xbox killer.

Just trying to be 'En Vogue'
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

SoulRider wrote:
cantona7 wrote: iv known alot of pc gamers and they are all quick to say how much better pc gaming is and if you have a console your a lame. I even had a few always telling me how "superior" using a mouse and keyboard is when playing first person shooters. I dont think ones better than the other as its personal preference.
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/713/ ... g-project/

If you don't want to click the link here is the main quote from Rahul Sood, Voodoo PC founder and current CTO of gaming at HP -
I've heard from reliable sources that during the development they brought together the best console gamers to play mediocre PC gamers at the same game... and guess what happened? They pitted console gamers with their "console" controller, against PC gamers with their keyboard and mouse.
The console players got destroyed every time. So much so that it would be embarrassing to the XBOX team in general had Microsoft launched this initiative.
There is a simple reason a keyboard and mouse is better than a controller, and that the device's reaction time.

In the fraction of a second it takes you to move you thumb to full lock on the joystick of your controller, the PC player moves his wrist to full lock at the same time and speed. The difference is your character is just beginning to turn in response to the moving right, the PC player in his small movement has completely turned and is facing you and shooting.

I've been programming some cross platform games and I tried playing some of the games with a controller, but the reaction times of the controller didn't enable you to play the game properly, it took too long with the analogue controller, so people kept dying. I ended up removing controller support.

This is for FPS, and is also true for strategy games imagine trying to play SC2 against the pro players on a controller, these guys are doing 300actions per minute on a PC, i defy anyone to even do 300 random button presses on a controller in a minute, it is not possible.

PC gamers and Xbox gamers can happily kill each other online, if their controllers are equal, but a controller will never match a mouse, thats the real issue, a keyboard has buttons like a controller, the mouse is the real xbox killer.
your obviously much more of a hardcore gamer than me soulrider, im quite the casual gamer. i have a small muscle delay in my hand though so as i said my personal preference is controller. im a sports game/fps/action adventure guy in no particular order. less and less fps these days. not that i dont like them, just not always enough time to play with school and all now. iv had 2 new games sitting on my xbox for months yet to be played ..assasins creed 2 and lost planet 2. iv barely played mw2 either.
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
Boner

Post by Boner »

If k&m were as good as the pc gamers think it is there would be a set-up available to console gamers - in my humble opinion of course, hell just whack the sensitivity up on whatever games you're playing and you'll see just how good a controller is.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

Boner wrote:If k&m were as good as the pc gamers think it is there would be a set-up available to console gamers - in my humble opinion of course, hell just whack the sensitivity up on whatever games you're playing and you'll see just how good a controller is.
i just have a hard time believing ones better than the other now, it really seems like a good example of personal pref in my opinion. its kind of like saying chopsticks are better than fork and knife. i'll give in that it may be better for fps, but not ideal for sports games. once again just my opinion, not gonna hate on any of your other guys preferred methods.
TRANCE

Post by TRANCE »

PC gaming is completely more geeky than X-box/PS3 gaming, imho. I'm from the batch of people who say that mouse and keyboard is quicker, more responsive and accurate. The thing is with PC gaming, you can hack. Sometimes you have to hack just to keep up and then it becomes a game of who has the best hack or who can get away playing with a hack before you get booted. PC gaming keyboards are the ultimate where you can programme a single key to conduct a really complicated move that would usually involve pressing many keys in sequence.
MY AMSTERDAM MAP = www.amsterdamer.supanet.com
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

TRANCE wrote:PC gaming is completely more geeky than X-box/PS3 gaming, imho. I'm from the batch of people who say that mouse and keyboard is quicker, more responsive and accurate. The thing is with PC gaming, you can hack. Sometimes you have to hack just to keep up and then it becomes a game of who has the best hack or who can get away playing with a hack before you get booted. PC gaming keyboards are the ultimate where you can programme a single key to conduct a really complicated move that would usually involve pressing many keys in sequence.
You are the lowest of life!! :wink:
TRANCE

Post by TRANCE »

Kermit wrote:You are the lowest of life!! :wink:
I know, but it was great fun sometimes. :wink:
In a way you have to learn to hack to recognise who was hacking as well.

To be honest, it is shit hacking an on line game to become invisible, see through walls, or have God capabilities when playing FPS games, etc, on a PC. More satisfying winning against a hacker, now that's more fun.
cantona7

Post by cantona7 »

obviously not all pc gamers are geeky though, kind of a broad statement, but at the same time only basing on my friends who pc game i see what you mean. i used to hang out with a dude(actually did my first smoking amsterdam trip with dude) who spent all his free time pc gaming. then his pc broke down and he started going out more. now he owns his own medical marijuana co-op. but back in hs-his very early 20's he was just gaming non stop..then he got into w.o.w. and you can guess what happened there. once again though just based on what iv seen, obviously not all..shoot probably most pc gamers arent nerdy. but as i said i see what you mean trance. :wink: hope i didn't offend any pc gamers out there.

to be fair i'd be all over pc gaming(i wouldn't use the leyboard though) if it wasn't so expensive. always upgrading and buying new parts would get expensive. the technology seems to evolve quickly. one month you may have a super powerful system that will play the top games..8 months later it may be old news. thats the only thing that puts me off.
TRANCE

Post by TRANCE »

No worries Cantona, no offence here taken mate, I see your point :wink:
In fact I was being overly general calling PC gamers more geeky.

I only say this as if you're a dedicated PC gamer, they tend to evolve into knowledgeable geeks through the diligent releases of the latest graphics cards, chipsets, overclocking, etc. I do agree that I could have a seriously kick ass water cooled, PC gaming Rig today, but a few months later or more things have already advanced and you're constantly chasing to upgrade, but I guess this is where some get their kicks. (just look at some top end gaming rigs on Youtube and mostly it's all displayed with technical data, statistics and pretentious geeky boasting) Console owners don't have to worry about any of this and I guess that's the distinction I kind of failed to elaborate on.
cantona7

Post by cantona7 »

TRANCE wrote:No worries Cantona, no offence here taken mate, I see your point :wink:
In fact I was being overly general calling PC gamers more geeky.

I only say this as if you're a dedicated PC gamer, they tend to evolve into knowledgeable geeks through the diligent releases of the latest graphics cards, chipsets, overclocking, etc. I do agree that I could have a seriously kick ass water cooled, PC gaming Rig today, but a few months later or more things have already advanced and you're constantly chasing to upgrade, but I guess this is where some get their kicks. (just look at some top end gaming rigs on Youtube and mostly it's all displayed with technical data, statistics and pretentious geeky boasting) Console owners don't have to worry about any of this and I guess that's the distinction I kind of failed to elaborate on.
yea my friend jordan who i mentioned in the post before. when he, myself and my other friend went backpacking one of the things he was worried about was not having his laptop to play games. dude was tied at the hip to the thing. and my other friends are all extra snobby about it. if you dont play pc games your not a "real gamer" or so it seems.

i do play a few games. back when i had pc i played alot of strategy games. i have mac now and haven't gotten any games yet, aside from football manager 10 which i play more than my console games.
Dava

Post by Dava »

i have to agree with the keyboard mouse being superiority, and obviously the mouses keep getting better and better! i have a alienware m17x that use mainly for work and its one hell of a machine! it aint light tho il tell ya that!

beatiful isnt it!
cantona7

Post by cantona7 »

Dava wrote:i have to agree with the keyboard mouse being superiority, and obviously the mouses keep getting better and better! i have a alienware m17x that use mainly for work and its one hell of a machine! it aint light tho il tell ya that!

beatiful isnt it!
my friends alienware never worked properly, always crashed and alienware refused to give him his $ back.
Dava

Post by Dava »

havent had any trouble with mine! cant complain with it its a beast of a laptop!
1200p resolution screen so its ideal for me!

have heard back things about dells/alienware support in the US

Origin are also a good brand
TRANCE

Post by TRANCE »

Dava wrote:i have to agree with the keyboard mouse being superiority, and obviously the mouses keep getting better and better! i have a alienware m17x that use mainly for work and its one hell of a machine! it aint light tho il tell ya that!

beatiful isnt it!
Salute for that one.
Last edited by TRANCE on Thu 12th Aug 2010 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

3 words about alienware,Built to last 8).