What game...

Things to play.

Moderator: Balou

orle

Re: What game...

Post by orle »

gapie wrote:Team Fortress 2 on PC
I've been playing that with my Oculus Rift:

i mostly have it for VR experiments but it is jawdropping for some type of games, like tf2 and quake :mrgreen: am partial to a bit of late-night space simulation too (Strike Suit Zero) :mrgreen:

treetop

Post by treetop »

orle wrote:

i mostly have it for VR experiments but it is jawdropping for some type of games, like tf2 and quake :mrgreen: am partial to a bit of late-night space simulation too (Strike Suit Zero) :mrgreen:
What kind of VR experiments? That looks interesting. Sorry for the offtopic.
How much did you produce?
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

Civ 2 & Civ 5 - PC - Civ 2 is ultimately the best in the series :)

any fans out there might appreciate this one reddit users story of his continuing 10 year game of civ 2...... could this be a look at the future to come?

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments ... zation_ii/
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
orle

Post by orle »

Fascinating story :D

I started with Civ II on my 386 but have liked each one, Civ4:BTS modded (rise of mankind) is probably my current favorite although that latest expansion Gods & Kings finally made me enjoy a Civ 5 game as well
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

I still play the original CIV, got a dosbox thing on my PC so I can run it =) Consensus seems to say that CIV 2 is the best, just a nicer version of CIV 1 ?

Erm at the moment I am playing Faster Than Light (FTL) on Steam (PC). Stupidly addictive.

Also playing MW3 a bit on PS3 (not much), and also Fifa 10 on PS3 (got a pre order on Fifa 14, never really been into football games, but I am determine not to get bullied on it by friends).

Obviously soon it will be GTA5 on PS3 =)
orle

Post by orle »

treetop wrote: What kind of VR experiments? That looks interesting. Sorry for the offtopic.
Experiments with positional audio mainly, some where I use the spatial information from the headmounted display's sensors to control audio processes. The challenge is designing software that produces audio with the most spatial resolution and the least latency. Highly detailed and responsive 3D audio (especially for headphone reproduction) is very important to fool the brain, which is the main point of VR :D
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

Padge247 wrote:I still play the original CIV, got a dosbox thing on my PC so I can run it =) Consensus seems to say that CIV 2 is the best, just a nicer version of CIV 1 ?

Erm at the moment I am playing Faster Than Light (FTL) on Steam (PC). Stupidly addictive.

Also playing MW3 a bit on PS3 (not much), and also Fifa 10 on PS3 (got a pre order on Fifa 14, never really been into football games, but I am determine not to get bullied on it by friends).

Obviously soon it will be GTA5 on PS3 =)

The original civ still has a very fond place in my heart :) you should download civ 2 :) we can play online! http://pirateproxy.nl/torrent/3838674/C ... ld_Edition

I am the same as you Padge, I really am not a football man, but i like computer games and playing with friends. I am a pro evo player myself as that's what the friends play, for a long time i hated the idea of playing football games, but they can actually be quite strategic and ever changing. It's also a great beating your friends who love football...
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

orle wrote:Fascinating story :D

I started with Civ II on my 386 but have liked each one, Civ4:BTS modded (rise of mankind) is probably my current favorite although that latest expansion Gods & Kings finally made me enjoy a Civ 5 game as well

to be honest i downloaded civ 5 around november last year and have played less than 20hrs, i do like the advances is game play through out the series, but civ 2 just holds something the others don't for me :)

I managed to pick up civ 1 - 4 with all expansions and even the civ card game for £5 in a charity shop i "volunteered" at int he uk.... best find ever!
billyriz

Post by billyriz »

GTA 5 :D
The movies on pc
Weedus

Post by Weedus »

I bought Arma 3 Retail,man what a Disapointment !!!
I play the Bohemia.. Games since Operation Flashpoint and i loved them
But i dont bought Arma 3 Alpha or Arma3 Beta cause i wanted a complete Game,i mostly enjoyed the Singleplayer in their Games.
So i saw Arma 3 Retail is out and instantly bought it....Man i should have read the "little size printed stuff" like we say in Germany...
Arma 3 Retail has NO Campaign-The campaign is getting released in 3 Episodes.The first Episode is ready as Patch in October.
Ok,i thought then i do some Scenarios-but well there was none

All you can do is playing user made content downloaded from Steam Workshop or Play around with Editor,thats all.

The Game also only contains 3 little MP Coop Missions,atm there 480 Server from which are 450 mostly empty,and on the remaining Server are running Mods like Wasteland or a Stratis Live.

So better dont buy it when you like the Singleplayer Campaigns of Arma,better wait....

A other new game i can realy suggest is Rome 2 Total War.
Im currectly playing a campaign with the Germanic Tribe "Sueben" and im recording it as Lets Play.When you speak German and youre intrested in the Game take a look at the Lets Plays in my Channel ;)
Bocco

Post by Bocco »

Just bought the new Zoo Tycoon for Xbox. My argument was that it is for my foster sister, but it looks stunning.
Can't wait to explore the tiger cages while super stoned :mrgreen:
gapie

Post by gapie »

playing at the moment watch on dogs on pc
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

D2 d3 for PC
Trying to get lvl 99 on d2 (yawn)

I miss the days of age of empires 1-2 on ms zone ;(
After Microsoft screwed 120 000 daily players by closing the Cd section of ms zone was never the same ;( beatting the PC on hard vs moi became boring ... Played civ for years got 3 of the games ... Play tribe wars on and off went my clan don't decide to take over my land and everyone else ...

I love my 8 bit and 16 bits gaming ;) got a big collection on Nintendo :D and mostly famicom (300+games fam sfam) and about 20 American nes games :D
Also have a wii :roll: and have mostly Zelda games and since it plays cube games got the Zelda games they made for cube also got the Mario wii and 25 year Mario collection and kurby 20 year collection ...
Once owned a ps1-2-3 sold all of then whit my game collection ...
Never got any xboxs ...
So I'm a old school gamer like you can see :D
gapie

Post by gapie »

watch dogs to many cut scenes damn it lemme play the game lol
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

orle wrote:

HOLY SHIT DUDE YOU CAN PLAY TF2 WITH OCULUS ?

what's it like ? can you really own with it , or is it laggy as fuck cause the game not meant for oculus ?
IMAGINE ; playing as a deadringer spy with OR ....WTFFFFFF
you see a bullet come at you , you see some dead guy falling on the floor
and then u see a poof of smoke around urself , and u become fcking INVISIBLE !?
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke