Where do you see the world in 10-20 years

Moderators: Balou, Twichaldinho

Doc Holliday

Where do you see the world in 10-20 years

Post by Doc Holliday »

There was some interesting debate on Syria, including RvanSteensel’s last comments. So the question arises, whether a person believes in conspiracy theories or elects to swallow everything the modern media attempts to feed the masses, “Where do YOU see the world in 10-20 years” or “Where would YOU LIKE to see the world in 10-20 years” if you’d rather? Be that Marijuana, since this site deals largely in issues related to that, or simply world governments. Thought this might be a thought provoking thread for those who have just enjoyed too much Sativa and wanted to vent. LOL.

USbongLord

Re: Where do you see the world in 10-20 years

Post by USbongLord »

From a coffin
rockin into the night
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

Or maybe a cool jar
rockin into the night
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

10-20 years older still hanging out here smoking legal weed
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

Hopefully living in Washington State or Canada, ideally working in some competition commission type of role. Would be happy if I ended up staying in Amsterdam (or moving back to the UK) if the job was right.
Smith2

Post by Smith2 »

I'll probably still be in the UK, where I don't expect weed to be legal, but the same stupid arguments will go on and on. The wider picture? Too depressing to contemplate. I'd put a bet on nuclear war kicking off between, say, India and Pakistan if I could get decent odds, but William Hill don't take bad taste bets and there might not be much time to enjoy the winnings anyway.
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

Just realised the thread was where do you see the 'world' not 'yourself'...........

Spread of decrim, wouldn't be suprised if it was fairly wide (if not pretty much complete) across the states and europe.
War wise, hmmm no I don't think any big wars. Almost definitely some more government overthrows, but I doubt there will be much stabilization around current areas of unrest.
treetop

Post by treetop »

Doc Holliday wrote:There was some interesting debate on Syria, including RvanSteensel’s last comments. So the question arises, whether a person believes in conspiracy theories or elects to swallow everything the modern media attempts to feed the masses, “Where do YOU see the world in 10-20 years” or “Where would YOU LIKE to see the world in 10-20 years” if you’d rather? Be that Marijuana, since this site deals largely in issues related to that, or simply world governments. Thought this might be a thought provoking thread for those who have just enjoyed too much Sativa and wanted to vent. LOL.
No sativa here and no venting. Don't know about where the world will be in 10 years, let alone 20 years. The current system is unsustainable. How long it takes to break down is another matter. Seeing as I lack a crystal ball I decline to speculate.

I'd like to see a wave of love spread across the planet. The John Lennon song 'imagine' pretty much sums up how I'd like to see things go in the future.

It's easy if you try.....
How much did you produce?
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

Alright,then I see the world in a coffin :lol:,just like john Lennon
rockin into the night
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Doc Holliday wrote:There was some interesting debate on Syria, including RvanSteensel’s last comments. So the question arises, whether a person believes in conspiracy theories or elects to swallow everything the modern media attempts to feed the masses, “Where do YOU see the world in 10-20 years” or “Where would YOU LIKE to see the world in 10-20 years” if you’d rather? Be that Marijuana, since this site deals largely in issues related to that, or simply world governments. Thought this might be a thought provoking thread for those who have just enjoyed too much Sativa and wanted to vent. LOL.
Do I believe in conspiracy theories? :lol: :lol: :lol: Hell no, because they are theories... http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/theory ...in part - an idea that is suggested or presented as possibly true but that is not known or proven to be true.
Brain candy for the manipulators, the weak minded, and the ever increasing number of ignorant. Next... :roll:
Swallow everything modern media attempts to feed the masses? Nope, not that one either. I'm highly evolved, which shouldn't be confused with an attitude of exceptional-ism, right my fellow Americans? :roll: :lol:
Got another option? I do, but I won't steal the thunder from delusional conspiracy theorists.. hey, seen any little green men in western Nevada, aka Area 51? :lol: :lol:
How about the 2nd shooter on the grassy knoll in Dallas, Texas? It's the one in the camera that shows nobody is there... or is there? First use of photo shopping I suppose... :roll: ...and then there's modern day nut jobs target - The Bilderberg Group and their attempts at ruling the world. :roll: :lol: Of the many questions that should be asked of these alarmists - where is the world's one currency, the one that was supposedly initiated by this group years ago? Oh right, some as of yet unnamed hero thwarted the group's attempt. Does a bear shit in the woods? Does a tree make a sound when falling? Who really gives a fuck beyond existentialists? Whatever... next...

Where do I see myself in 10-20 years?
Living the life of delusional grandeur as the world's first Trillionaire.
Happy Delusions...
... :mrgreen:
Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

More "Red Tape" replacing common sense. I mean, who the fuck needs training to climb a ladder? :mrgreen:
KEEP ER LIT
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Unfortunately Rusty, the same "dip shits" who need a sticker on their McDonald's coffee cup to alert them to the mind numbing fact that the contents of said cup are indeed "Hot". LOL. Some of these people make Forest Gump look like a brain surgeon!
treetop

Post by treetop »

Doc Holliday wrote:Unfortunately Rusty, the same "dip shits" who need a sticker on their McDonald's coffee cup to alert them to the mind numbing fact that the contents of said cup are indeed "Hot". LOL. Some of these people make Forest Gump look like a brain surgeon!
You might want to research the actual case behind the hot coffee MacDonalds lawsuit before you make any sweeping pronouncements.

Find out the full story and tell us all why the lawsuit was not completely justified. Go on, I dare you. :lol:
How much did you produce?
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

treetop wrote:
Doc Holliday wrote:Unfortunately Rusty, the same "dip shits" who need a sticker on their McDonald's coffee cup to alert them to the mind numbing fact that the contents of said cup are indeed "Hot". LOL. Some of these people make Forest Gump look like a brain surgeon!
You might want to research the actual case behind the hot coffee MacDonalds lawsuit before you make any sweeping pronouncements.

Find out the full story and tell us all why the lawsuit was not completely justified. Go on, I dare you. :lol:
Yup + 1 watch the doc
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Depends on “which” case you are referencing TT and TwoC. I am familiar with “Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants” and no offense taken at the condescension just in case you are interested (lol). Whether the plaintiff (Liebeck) should have been awarded the suit or to what degree can be argued BOTH ways, HOWEVER…if McDonald’s reduced their coffee temperature from 180-190 (that they state it is served) to say 170 degrees, you would have a host of customers (including myself…lol) complaining about Luke warm coffee as well. Seems like "damned if you do, damned if you don’t"! Still, that said, does a coffee cup really need a “warning label” stating the contents are hot, or should most reasonably equipped people make that intellectual jump without having to print a disclaimer on the cup? Additionally, would a "warning label" have made a difference in the 79 year old Ms. Liebeck’s accident at that time? I would say "Too Flimsy of Cup (or lid)" would be a more justifiable action/position against someone on a coffee lawsuit. Just saying. To each their own in the opinion department I guess. How far does that logic need to go, does a ladder need a sign that says if you fall off of it you could get hurt or killed, and the higher you are, the higher the statistical probability of the same? It appears common sense is not so common anymore!

The above is not to be confused with the most recent case of Joan Fino who is also seeking around 2 million. I have not heard all the details about that case yet, nor do I really care to. However, she is now complaining the temp is over 175 degrees and suing for 'negligence' among other things. At some point, perhaps it should be Caveat Emptor in regards to ALL coffee purchases.

We have a litigious happy society at times with no one wanting to accept ANY personal responsibility. That said, I fully believe anyone should have the right to press forward with any lawsuit they feel is justified. Let a judge or jury decide if there is actually negligence and to what extent there is culpability on the person or company’s behalf in terms of awarding damages.