Multiculturalism is the new racism.

Moderators: Balou, Twichaldinho

redeyezman

Multiculturalism is the new racism.

Post by redeyezman »

This is just a simple copy and paste incase anyone wants to discuss, politricks.

Harvard professor of political science Robert D. Putnam conducted a nearly decade-long study on how multiculturalism affects social trust.[153] He surveyed 26,200 people in 40 American communities, finding that when the data were adjusted for class, income and other factors, the more racially diverse a community is, the greater the loss of trust. People in diverse communities "don’t trust the local mayor, they don’t trust the local paper, they don’t trust other people and they don’t trust institutions," writes Putnam.[154] In the presence of such ethnic diversity, Putnam maintains that

[W]e hunker down. We act like turtles. The effect of diversity is worse than had been imagined. And it’s not just that we don’t trust people who are not like us. In diverse communities, we don’t trust people who do look like us.[153]

Ethologist Frank Salter writes:

Relatively homogeneous societies invest more in public goods, indicating a higher level of public altruism. For example, the degree of ethnic homogeneity correlates with the government's share of gross domestic product as well as the average wealth of citizens. Case studies of the United States, Africa and South-East Asia find that multi-ethnic societies are less charitable and less able to cooperate to develop public infrastructure. Moscow beggars receive more gifts from fellow ethnics than from other ethnies [sic]. A recent multi-city study of municipal spending on public goods in the United States found that ethnically or racially diverse cities spend a smaller portion of their budgets and less per capita on public services than do the more homogeneous cities.[155]

Shells sink. Dreams float.
redeyezman

Re: Multiculturalism is the new racism.

Post by redeyezman »

Shells sink. Dreams float.
macky

Post by macky »

What is this shit Red? I guess your going to help Trump build a wall :lol:
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Robert J Putnam is a Methodist, Oxford graduate frat boy. Frankly I find it very difficult to accept a credible argument from any such character.

Not wanting to fall foul of the ad hominem fallacy of attacking the man not the argument - a small amount of research turned up the following critique of the veracity of his research.

From Wikipedia:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_D._Putnam

"Putnam published his data set from this study in 2001[11][12] and subsequently published the full paper in 2007.[13]

Putnam has been criticized for the lag between his initial study and his publication of his article. In 2006, Putnam was quoted in the Financial Times as saying he had delayed publishing the article until he could "develop proposals to compensate for the negative effects of diversity" (quote from John Lloyd of Financial Times).[14] In 2007, writing in City Journal, John Leo questioned whether this suppression of publication was ethical behavior for a scholar, noting that "Academics aren’t supposed to withhold negative data until they can suggest antidotes to their findings."[15] On the other hand, Putnam did release the data in 2001 and publicized this fact.[16] The proposals that the paper contains are located in a section called "Becoming Comfortable with Diversity" at the end of his article. This section has been criticized for lacking the rigor of the preceding sections. According to Ilana Mercer "Putnam concludes the gloomy facts with a stern pep talk".[17]"
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

macky wrote:What is this shit Red? I guess your going to help Trump build a wall :lol:
It's ok Macky, if Drumph gets elected there are some people already working on keeping you safe! :D

macky

Post by macky »

KeyMonCha wrote:
macky wrote:What is this shit Red? I guess your going to help Trump build a wall :lol:
It's ok Macky, if Drumph gets elected there are some people already working on keeping you safe! :D

That's funny but no wall....American,s Are our closet friends every family has there nut jobs :D
mokum

Post by mokum »

They maybe your friends. Certainly not for a true ganja smoker because they didnt only forbid this beautiful plant for their own country but for the entire world almost. And now since they realized they cant monopolize the herb ,they are the first to make big money out of it. No morals at all. Trump is exactly like that, he wants the world to work for maintaining a country and a people with no morals.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

+1
Last edited by OneHighMofo on Thu 19th May 2016 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Trump hasn't got two brain cells to rub together. Just like the boorish dullards that follow him and his hate.

I for one do not want to live in any country that has a lack of cultural diversity. There's nothing more terminally boring than a bunch of half-wits sat around complaining about people with different colour skin and cultural values.

I spent time in morroco recently - never have I felt more safe or welcome in a country despite the obvious cultural differences. The west, and idiots that are proponents of this kind of cowardly bigotry - hiding behind tenuous 'research' should be fucking ashamed of themselves in my humble opinion.

Rant over :) now - what were we talking about? Oh yeah. Weeeeeeeeeeed :)
mokum

Post by mokum »

Thanks to my american friends of grey area I could smoke some diesel/lemon tasting weed with og kush stone in it. What more to ask. Its the variety that makes amsterdam unique. And Grey area contribute to that with their top shelf american strains grown to perfection.

They really do this city good as weed is getting weaker in the dam. You need to search very good to find some proper hitting shit. To the point that other people are raving about other cities. But I am assuring you that the dam still got it.

Yesterday I got some yeti dawg og,silver bubble (grey area), neville haze( bluebird),alaska ice(nederhash). They all were superb. You have to put effort in it en let your nose and eyes work.
macky

Post by macky »

It's a big country, @onehimofo no cultures diversity ? What New Orlens ,San Fran ,Ny,Nc,Seattle look again .Lots of states where home steadied by large groups of immigrant who,s food, music melted in the pot. When your country,s spending money to have troops ,navy, airplanes to help defend the so called free world :lol: and all your roads are full of pot holes your airports are old .Education cost out of control. Like the rest of the world ,there,s a group of people being left behind in new economy .these are the Trump voters. This race will not be as close as Fox News and cnn are making it out to be,makes for great TV. Have a little faith Hillary will win in a land slide. I live in the biggest multicultural country in the world . We build it this way on purpose,the rest of the world says where in for trouble down the road.Been saying it for my whole 50 years I,ve been on planet :) Toronto alone takes in 80,000 immigrants a year and is the easiest place to meet people in the world. @Mokum no morals ,Your talking shit ....Don,t forget Mattys,Trashcanman are proud Americans and many more on this forum.
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

Wall, wall, wall! :lol:

Seriously choosing between Hillary and Trump is like choosing between Pepsi Light and Diet Mountain Dew. No matter what you go for, you're fucked and left with a bad taste in your mouth. All this libreal and rebuplican phrases don't mean jack shit from what I see. Isn't Hillary even a distant relative of Trump? Wait a minute... my tinfoil hat must have rusted into my brain.

edit: lmao http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... stors.html
Last edited by Quazer on Thu 19th May 2016 01:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

macky wrote:I live in the biggest multicultural country in the world . We build it this way on purpose,the rest of the world says where in for trouble down the road.Been saying it for my whole 50 years I,ve been on planet :)
Here here - couldn't have said it better myself. The right wing have been spouting the same tired old fear mongering rhetoric for years - it's only the terminally stupid that still believe them.

My dads been saying for as long as I can remember that we 'don't have room for all these immigrants'. 43 years he's been totally and easily demonstratably wrong. I struggle with the suspension of intellect it takes to be so blinkered .

He's not a stupid man - he's a bigot. But it's a very fine line between the two
mokum

Post by mokum »

The truth hurts macky! Let me say it better. People are good and bad. Like every other place in the world. Maybe its even praisworthier if you are a sane american because you guys get the brainwash threatment the most. Nonetheless I say that americans are without morals. You should not never allow to be represented like you were the past 20-30 years. Glad the tide is turning and the 'average jan' is waking up. We dont want american corrupted gmo food for example. But they try to force it upon us(ttip). Thats shows the lack of morality. The average joe accepted it a long time a ago.
macky

Post by macky »

The truth hurts @mokum,Bayer trying to buy Masantos all corporation are evil :x There is no lines or borders that stop greed or stupidly from big business . Don,t won't GMO but what about Google,Apple ,Internet etc. As far as America holding back Mary Jane sorry there leaving the rest of world in dust e.g. Rosin,butter edibles on and on . To say Americans are in moral for corporate greed is like me saying Amterdam is a 17th century town build on catching slaves and selling them to Americans Oh! Ya it was :D morality depends on what side of the fence your on.