UK Leaves EU

Moderators: Balou, Twichaldinho

macky

Re: UK Leaves EU

Post by macky »

Kermit wrote:Just point out, just because someone voted out don't make them thick like most of you are making out, so try and be a bit more civil in defeat eh.
But if your bashing German,s all ,s good? If you don,t think the rest of EU isn,t going to be a women scorned :shock: He with the gold make the rules ......Here,s the new boss same as the old boss ,your just going to pay more for stuff no biggy :D

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

macky wrote:
Kermit wrote:Just point out, just because someone voted out don't make them thick like most of you are making out, so try and be a bit more civil in defeat eh.
But if your bashing German,s all ,s good? If you don,t think the rest of EU isn,t going to be a women scorned :shock: He with the gold make the rules ......Here,s the new boss same as the old boss ,your just going to pay more for stuff no biggy :D
Your Canadian yeah?, well being in the EU is like your country having to answer to Washington, would you like that?, would you fuck so to be perfectly honest your baiting is pointless.

Who says we are going to pay more?, the papers who, no one knows so how do you know? Again pointless coz u just don't know.

No one knows nothing and anyone who don't live here knows even less. :lol:
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

And boris although bit mental is pretty pro cannabis and now we don't need the EUs permission to fart, you never know :shock: :lol:
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

Kermit wrote:And boris although bit mental is pretty pro cannabis and now we don't need the EUs permission to fart, you never know :shock: :lol:
Canada is going legal, and they have Queen Elizabeth II for their monarch too, so it could happen. Round up the boys, and promise the old queen you wont carry on like the stag parties in Amsterdam. :mrgreen:
Shells sink. Dreams float.
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

Milo Yiannopoulos is the Freddie Mercury of journalism.

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/06/2 ... globalism/

Shells sink. Dreams float.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

There was a great chart that showed a correlation between age group, leave/remain vote, and years that said age group will have to bear the consequences of their decision. Not surprisingly these age of voter and the years of bearing consequences of the vote had a direct inverse correlation. Meaning the less years you old farts had to live with your stupid decision the more likely you were to vote out. :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x

I would say that the sun has finally set on the British Empire, but that happened along time ago when our founding fathers gave you imperialist bastards (and your tea) their middle fingers, and today holding in spirit with that tradition I extend to you England (not Scotland, not Northern Ireland) my middle digit, as a great big fuck you for your stupidity.

Not that I don't love many of you personally but yeah...this is a big fuck up lads!

ETA: I studied EU-politics at a post-undergrad level so I guess I can get a bit riled up about these things. What angers/concerns me most is the driving forces behind the secession from the EU were almost purely xenophobic sensationalism that was driven up on a flash, of course these same people that voted to exit, will be extracting the urine from us yanks should we elect that clown Trump - but it's his kind of sensationalist, xenophobic brand of politics that drove this Brexit in the first place. And make no mistake that a lot of the kind that voted in favor (majority not all) of secession would certainly be those waving the banner to "make America great again" had they been born on the other side of the pond.

That being said of course the exit did have merits in its own rights, unfortunately they were vastly outweighed by the benefits of EU membership. In a world which is becomingly increasingly and alarmingly divisive this does not bode well for the current state of affairs at all. I don't think the UK thought about how much it truly stood to lose by pissing it all away on a whim...maybe I'm wrong, only time will tell....

Final edit: to reiterate I still love all you Brits (mostly) on a personal level, this joke we call political discourse (in the US even more so) aside; just butthurt over seeing what I spent the past year studying being dismantled before my very eyes, FFS! Oh and the fact that if this sets of a chain reaction and spurs a "Nexit" (NL withdraws from the EU), then I really will have a bone to pick with you cheeky cunts, because it will completely fuck up my 5 year plan!
Last edited by Nuggz on Sat 25th Jun 2016 01:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
free_phil_spector

Post by free_phil_spector »

Kermit wrote:No one knows nothing and anyone who don't live here knows even less. :lol:
I know one thing. We've just made it as difficult for us to go and live and work in mainlaind Europe as it is to work in the US. We've also angered our closest neighbours after more than 40 years of harmony through a misguided belief that we're 'taking back control'.

Yesterday virtually the only support our 'out' vote got on the continent was from far right groups. What does that tell you?
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
macky

Post by macky »

We won't out ,let us go...could we wait three months before article 50starts :D You are out the days of the EU giving Britain special deals are over :lol: Bunch of old silly whites guys are about to find out the rest of EU don,t care what you won't :shock: The young understand the future is free trade ,they have to compete with the world not just other EU country,s.
free_phil_spector wrote:
Kermit wrote:No one knows nothing and anyone who don't live here knows even less. :lol:
I know one thing. We've just made it as difficult for us to go and live and work in mainlaind Europe as it is to work in the US. We've also angered our closest neighbours after more than 40 years of harmony through a misguided belief that we're 'taking back control'.

Yesterday virtually the only support our 'out' vote got on the continent was from far right groups. What does that tell you?
They swear there not racist :wink:
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Yes, what are we going to "take britain back" to? There was never a golden age, it was always a struggle just a bit easier when we cooperate with others I'd say.
What a long strange trip it is.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Popped into a local pub last night. This is a rural area and, although I'd never discussed the issue with the locals, I assumed they would be mostly 'outers'.

When we went in everyone looked a bit downcast. I asked one guy what was up and he said it had been a bad day. The reason just didn't occur to me. I assumed a personal thing or a lost football match or something.

Within a short time it became clear that everyone was, like me, really angry about the referendum result.

---

The Daily Mail article posted above is fascinating. It seems that many people didn't really take it seriously. I think it was treated like a by-election - a chance to make a protest vote that wouldn't really make any difference, just send a message.

I think the regret might even go as far as the leaders of the Brexit campaign. I suspect that Boris Johnson, for one, didn't really expect, or even want, to win the vote. I think he wanted to just almost win. That way he could go on about what might have been without having to actually deliver anything.

Cameron would have been severely weakened by a narrow victory for the 'in' side. He was always going to resign before the next election so Boris might have been in a strong position to take over leadership of the Conservative party.

Boris will be acutely aware of the stories of people like Michael Heseltine and Michael Portillo who appeared destined to lead the Tories but never actually did. Will the Boris story pan out the same way? We'll see.

---

So we have our country back. We are now free to go out into the street and wave a Union Jack without getting arrested by a German stormtrooper (because that used to happen before Thursday don't you know). The only trouble is we soon won't be able to afford to buy Union Jacks because they are made in China and our currency is now worthless.
free_phil_spector

Lemming wrote:Within a short time it became clear that everyone was, like me, really angry about the referendum result.
A lot of people are. And there's a growing amount of voter remorse from outers on social media too. Thing is, its a tricky situation because as the out voter above points out, it's democracy, and to have concerns about this referendum result appears undemocratic. It's not. I think a lot of people voted without understanding the full consequences of their actions. I honestly believe if you held the referendum again tomorrow the In camp would win by some margin. Surely that can't be right? And to have concerns about that when it's such a fundamental issue shouldnt be dismissed as undemocratic.

Lemming wrote:I think the regret might even go as far as the leaders of the Brexit campaign. I suspect that Boris Johnson, for one, didn't really expect, or even want, to win the vote. I think he wanted to just almost win. That way he could go on about what might have been without having to actually deliver anything.
100 per cent agree. He had the look of a man who should have been careful what he wished for. This is why I think this is far from over. In some form, it will be put to a vote again at some point before the wheels start turning on an exit - whether that's a vote on a new deal with Europe, a new EU package, or even a snap election (after all - who ever actually voted for Boris Johnson as PM? Not a single person).
Lemming wrote:So we have our country back. We are now free to go out into the street and wave a Union Jack without getting arrested by a German stormtrooper (because that used to happen before Thursday don't you know). The only trouble is we soon won't be able to afford to buy Union Jacks because they are made in China and our currency is now worthless.
One voter remorse sufferer on twitter said she was happy with her out vote until she spoke to someone last night who said he was "chuffed" and the next move is to "bulldoze the country of immigrants from the north to the south". I also saw another comment asking why "there's no immigrants on ferries to France yet?"

Seeing as WW2 was stirred up so much during the leave campaign, it all feels a bit 1939 to me.
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
free_phil_spector

Mind you, at least we've got our borders back. We'll be much more secure not having to rely on France to do it for us...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rance.html
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

In reference to the wanting to almost win, I could partially agree too. I think as stated is was also (aside from the Trumpsationalist racist rhetoric) a means for Britain to yet again strong arm its way through the proverbial bargaining table in Brussels which it has often done wholly unabated and that's something which has quite frankly pissed me off about their EU-membership status in the first place.

They often cited Norway's inclusion in the various "border regimes" of Europe (NATO, EEC, Schengen) as a prime example to strive for. However Britain as a mid-level global power is in a much different position than some tiny Scandinavian nation with less people than its own capital city. Furthermore, as referenced above about British strong-arming, the UK has on many instances within its EU-membership framework, had its cake and ate it too. Examples being its opt out clauses for the Eurozone and Schengen-area, whilst managing to maintain access to the freedom of movement, residency and labor once in continental Europe.

I think a lot of Brits who enjoy visiting the continent are about to realize how much of an utter pain in the arsehole this shall be for them, not to mention the droves of sunburnt Brits residing/retired on the beaches of the Valencian coast, all the way up here in Amsterdam to the propietors of coffeeshops that are British, etc, etc...they're surely giving the bird to everyone back at home as well; as they may soon have to pack up shop and had back to the dreary UK, muddy waters ahead indeed!

Finally, pertaining to the re-vote - you would almost think that it would be possible, because I do get the sense that a lot of people didn't really know what they were voting for indeed, and the ones that did, probably did not think their pipe-dream would come to fruition, the glory days of the British Crown have faded, the Obama already responded saying the bilateral trade agreements with the post-Brexit UK would be "pushed to the back of the queue", as the US will focus on TTIP (which I don't agree with personally), but that will remain a priority especially Shillary gets elected. If clown lord Trump ascends to the throne than he'll nix that thing faster than you can say "arrest that muslim"

I digress, and back to my original point - I can see why having a recast vote over the referendum would be viewed as undemocratic but that being said maybe they could have a pre-referendum first saying "Do you think the decision to leave the European Union deserves a second vote of consideration"; and then if/when that passes, the actual second referendum could be hold to give the UK the biggest mulligan anyone has ever had in the history of mulligans!
free_phil_spector

Re:

DeLeuksteNUGS16 wrote:If clown lord Trump ascends to the throne than he'll nix that thing faster than you can say "arrest that muslim"
:lol:
choc0block

Post by choc0block »

I am truly saddened and ashamed. I have felt empty for 2 days now. If only grandma & grandpa used Google! :cry:

Independence day!!! More like depreciation day!