UK Leaves EU

Moderators: Balou, Twichaldinho

macky

Re: UK Leaves EU

Post by macky »

@red where,s your trickle down theory ? Oh! It,s not a theory ,it,s what republicans made up .Let the rich pay no tax and are wealth will trickle down to the little people. Reagen economics ,bush tried it now Trumps running on same shit .

Quazer

Post by Quazer »

Good thing that the mainstream media is totally independent and only wants the best for all of us. Nothing but hardcore investigative journalism, to ensure we're all educated about what's really going on. Non of them care about their status quo, they would raher report the truth and be poor than following some political agendas. Higher-ups never fear loosing their position, and there would be no reason trying to stear things in a different direction, if their money goes down the drain. Bloody hell, this is the planet of love aint it, nobody cares about material things. It's all about helping your brothers and sisters out. Thats why big companies like Coke spent billions of dollars to feed the poor, even though they could have just wasted their money on advertisement. I could go on, but I think my point might be kind of obvious, cheers. :mrgreen:
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

Patrick Stewart sketch: what has the ECHR ever done for us?

Published on Apr 25, 2016

After Theresa May says Britain should leave the European convention on human rights, Patrick Stewart, Adrian Scarborough and Sarah Solemani expose the problems in the Conservative plan for a UK bill of rights.

Subscribe to The Guardian ► http://is.gd/subscribeguardian

This satirical take on the classic Monty Python sketch asks ‘what has the European Convention on Human Rights ever done for us?’ Apart from the right to a fair trial, freedom from slavery, freedom from torture ...

Guardian website ► http://is.gd/guardianhome
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

The only ones talking about trickle down are the remain campaign.
macky wrote:@red where,s your trickle down theory ? Oh! It,s not a theory ,it,s what republicans made up .Let the rich pay no tax and are wealth will trickle down to the little people. Reagen economics ,bush tried it now Trumps running on same shit .
free_phil_spector wrote:
Kermit wrote:Post office are giving me 1.1741 for me £1 which is still better than any exchange rate for my trips in the last 3 years
Against the euro? If so, what on earth are you talking about? It's been hovering around 1.4 for about a year. It's now down to 1.2 and still falling.

Your short termism is mind boggling. Of course people arent feeling the effects on jobs or their own personal finances yet - we're still in the EU. But in the coming months and years it will trickle down and maybe then you'll realise the damage this is doing. The first indicator of this is the market turmoil over the mere suggestion we might be leaving. This should be enough to make any 'out' voter with half a brain to start reassessing their decision already. Anyone who isn't now getting a bit concerned about what they've done is frankly so blinded by their irrational hatred of Europe that they cant see reality.

Austrian economics and Keynesian economics are long standing schools of thought that some actor president didn't understand well enough to communicate to a populous, I'll give you that. This fact doesnt change which correctly of Austrian vs Keynesian work best for a society. Its not even complicated....maybe thats not the best graph? I'm not sure what else to tell you folks....You can lead a horse to water but you cant make em drink...Its painfully obvious to the likes of me....You all know money runs everything, but you think there is only way for it to exist? It does nothing improve technology past bartering. It should be decentralized. How? I dont know, all these fucking "smart" people wont even help :idea: :mrgreen:
Shells sink. Dreams float.
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

It does help when you have the Hollywood propaganda machine on your side. Look at what Reagan did. People still paranoid about his non impact on the newest voting generations.

Its only about the Englishman in Great Britain is that it, then? So why then do they have to PAY insane sums of money if they bestowed their proper manners of human rights upon so many others? 350 million pounds for others to follow your human rights rules? Sold them selves out sounds like. Not a representation. If my ancestry created Magna carta, then had to pay for people to accept such a culture, I'd feel extorted and want out too. How could you not? What logic have I overlooked?
notsofasteddie wrote:Patrick Stewart sketch: what has the ECHR ever done for us?

Published on Apr 25, 2016

After Theresa May says Britain should leave the European convention on human rights, Patrick Stewart, Adrian Scarborough and Sarah Solemani expose the problems in the Conservative plan for a UK bill of rights.

Subscribe to The Guardian ► http://is.gd/subscribeguardian

This satirical take on the classic Monty Python sketch asks ‘what has the European Convention on Human Rights ever done for us?’ Apart from the right to a fair trial, freedom from slavery, freedom from torture ...

Guardian website ► http://is.gd/guardianhome
Shells sink. Dreams float.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

So Boris falls at the first hurdle. As I said earlier, I always suspected his backing of the leave campaign was a bid to replace Cameron at a later date that went wrong. I don't think he really wanted to leave Europe or to stand for the leadership so soon. His cynical plan has unravelled.

Now we have a dangerous power vacuum in the UK. The Tory and Labour parties are in meltdown, the Liberals disappeared at the last election and UKIP has rendered itself irrelevant. Who will fill the gap? The BNP? Probably not, but anything is possible now.

We seem to be in the midst of a revolution. So far this has brought us Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders, Jeremy Corbyn and Brexit. Politics is no longer about left and right, but it's not clear to me what it is about.

I don't like revolutions. I'm always reminded, as someone else mentioned earlier, of the words of the great Pete Townsend - "meet the new boss, same as the old boss" and David Bowie's Cygnet Committee. Nevertheless, I'm old and I think the current younger generation are the most intelligent and best informed the human race as ever produced. Hopefully this changing of the guard will lead to a bright future once the dust settles.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

We're at a crossroads of human development, consciousness, and awareness of the flawed reality of the political/economic system on a global-level. Unfortunately, at said crossroads we also find an apex of mindless, numbed, consumerism and self-absorption fueled by facebook, apple and several other greedy corporations.

The internet is indeed the proverbial double-edged sword, its provides us access for those who want to rebel to expose just how royally fucked we as common people are being completely bent over and sodomized with cactus by the "man", as we subsidize the pockets of the global-elite functioning as their tax-slaves. However the immensely addictive allure of the internet tends to make it all-consuming and produces mass apathy - smart phones anyone? Or better yet it deludes us to thinking we're rebels or revolutionaries when we share certain info, or when we put a stupid French flag over our profile pic as a sign of solidarity...

That said, overall I do tend to tentatively agree that the distribution of information, regarding just how fucked over we are by the powers that be, is indeed planting the seed of revolution. Only time shall tell...
CloudMaster

Post by CloudMaster »

Lemming wrote:So Boris falls at the first hurdle. As I said earlier, I always suspected his backing of the leave campaign was a bid to replace Cameron at a later date that went wrong. I don't think he really wanted to leave Europe or to stand for the leadership so soon. His cynical plan has unravelled.

Now we have a dangerous power vacuum in the UK. The Tory and Labour parties are in meltdown, the Liberals disappeared at the last election and UKIP has rendered itself irrelevant. Who will fill the gap? The BNP? Probably not, but anything is possible now.

We seem to be in the midst of a revolution. So far this has brought us Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders, Jeremy Corbyn and Brexit. Politics is no longer about left and right, but it's not clear to me what it is about.

I don't like revolutions. I'm always reminded, as someone else mentioned earlier, of the words of the great Pete Townsend - "meet the new boss, same as the old boss" and David Bowie's Cygnet Committee. Nevertheless, I'm old and I think the current younger generation are the most intelligent and best informed the human race as ever produced. Hopefully this changing of the guard will lead to a bright future once the dust settles.
:lol:

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Wish we would hurry up and loose our jobs, it's killing me :lol:

Keep hold of them shares Milehigh, I am sure they will come good :)

Rereferendum, don't think so, imagine being able to re elect a government because a minority (forgot/couldn't be bothered/student)
Decided it didn't go the way they wanted, don't think so, bye bye EU and yer shitty eu court of appeal. :lol:

How's the markets. Been grafting so not been able to check my feed :wink: :lol:

Right when is sunset I am starving, enjoy your evening folks. :mrgreen: :lol:
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

I respect you position Kermit, but already domestic and commercial spending decisions are being frozen during this uncertainy. Big builders are holding back now on large projects and homeowners also holding back and i dont think this will change anytime soon, this "temporary" downturn could soon turn into a full scale recession. One of my daughters whose a plumber had her first job cancellation today and a customer reducing the work they were going to have pared back to essentials.
I hope I'm wrong and everything is ticketyboo in a week or two but I ain't holding my breath.

By the way I dont see the corporates that own the Tory party, and dont forget the tories are in office until 2020, cutting off their access to cheap, highly employable workers.
No, no second referendum, even if they aren't legally binding. We going to have to live with this one, I'm sure the people of Kent will be very accomodating when the border and refugee camps come home.
Own goal? Not half Brian :mrgreen:

Have Leave campaigners broken their referendum pledges?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36690072

What a long strange trip it is.
free_phil_spector

Post by free_phil_spector »

A friend of my sister's is in the process of relocating to Italy. She's lost £100k off her leaving budget in the last week, and it's still falling
Kermit wrote:Rereferendum, don't think so, imagine being able to re elect a government because a minority (forgot/couldn't be bothered/student)
Decided it didn't go the way they wanted, don't think so
We can. At the next general election five years later. This is an irreversible life-changing decision for the entire country, and it shouldnt - and wont - be decided purely on the basis of one increasingly shoddy-looking plebiscite. In some form it will be voted on by parliament at some point, and may even come back to the electorate for another vote. I dont see any problem with this - even when you buy a washing machine you have a 14-day cooling off period to change your mind and get your money back
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

thank god we left. (sidenote asked about 100 people on benifits/working/ male/female and only 3 voted for stay) the markets are rigged and massive money printing is keeping it up. Deutsche Bank is on the verge of going under also admitted to minipulateing gold and silver markets for 15 years (wow they are going to be sued big time) and will grass up other players, also italy banks were given $150 billion as they were to colapse and take peoples bank deposits. brexit for me is making everyone look at us then europe banks go under, all world banks will go like dominoes. we will be fine (nothiing changes till we inact artical 50 and then at least a couple of years to get out) if banking system stays good we are the finacial capital of the world not europe. notice europe wants an eu army now so your military gets controlled by eu commision. we would lose the £ by 2020 so we would be in greeces problem no central bank means your screwed. i could go on and on with facts and go in rant mode but i wont. losing pound, army and being left out of trade deals as the eu takes care of all of that deals with china well that eu, now we can sort our own trade deals out The Eurasian Economic Union would be my first stop with over half the population thats the one to jump on with also silk road. we are in chinas aiib, but there is the sco and brics. europe is not the world last comment hope you already got your gold and especially your siver (precious metal trade notes) will be the future by china they make they deliver well they dicide how you pay or you dont get it. the only reason we came off gold standard was so we can print money as if there is a gold standard market cannot be rigged so much there is only so much gold on the plant compared to pushing a print button over and over again (£10 is £10 because you and i accept it as £10, but its just a piece of paper). finally the referendum was rigged for us to leave and if you take scotlands and ni viotes away it was a bigger margain that wanted to leave no 2 %. it cannot be changed as it will show we are not a democracy
macky

Post by macky »

stuart1976 wrote:thank god we left. (sidenote asked about 100 people on benifits/working/ male/female and only 3 voted for stay) the markets are rigged and massive money printing is keeping it up. Deutsche Bank is on the verge of going under also admitted to minipulateing gold and silver markets for 15 years (wow they are going to be sued big time) and will grass up other players, also italy banks were given $150 billion as they were to colapse and take peoples bank deposits. brexit for me is making everyone look at us then europe banks go under, all world banks will go like dominoes. we will be fine (nothiing changes till we inact artical 50 and then at least a couple of years to get out) if banking system stays good we are the finacial capital of the world not europe. notice europe wants an eu army now so your military gets controlled by eu commision. we would lose the £ by 2020 so we would be in greeces problem no central bank means your screwed. i could go on and on with facts and go in rant mode but i wont. losing pound, army and being left out of trade deals as the eu takes care of all of that deals with china well that eu, now we can sort our own trade deals out The Eurasian Economic Union would be my first stop with over half the population thats the one to jump on with also silk road. we are in chinas aiib, but there is the sco and brics. europe is not the world last comment hope you already got your gold and especially your siver (precious metal trade notes) will be the future by china they make they deliver well they dicide how you pay or you dont get it. the only reason we came off gold standard was so we can print money as if there is a gold standard market cannot be rigged so much there is only so much gold on the plant compared to pushing a print button over and over again (£10 is £10 because you and i accept it as £10, but its just a piece of paper). finally the referendum was rigged for us to leave and if you take scotlands and ni viotes away it was a bigger margain that wanted to leave no 2 %. it cannot be changed as it will show we are not a democracy
Not to worry no changes coming your on your own :lol:
free_phil_spector

Post by free_phil_spector »

stuart1976 wrote:now we can sort our own trade deals out
Given that it apparently takes an average of five to ten years to sort out trade deals, who are we supposed to trade with in the meantime if we leave the single market?

Also where's the evidence that countries will be queueing up to trade with us? Has anyone actually asked them?
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...