Anyone else build models or did so as a kid ?

About ourselves.

Moderators: tuttiflutes, chillers2, Balou

Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Ok Spidey mate ? you had to go there eh :lol: still not been to the Tank Museum and tbh dont know when i will be able to bit of a trek like :lol:
yeah i like his work but dont think i will have time is it this week or next ? if its next well i shall be in Mokum :D im pretty busy this week so wont get down thats the problem with working lates , i have during the day to try get stuff sorted but im usually to lazy :lol:

peace out dude

-
DC

Post by DC »

Got the seats painted yet?.
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

:oops: i did not know anyone was following this , im engrossed in another project at the moment ! :lol: but i shall get back to this soon no doubt i will be bored of my current project soon enough ! :lol: :oops:
-
DC

Post by DC »

Take yer time. Quite a bland little model the car, so it'll all be in the paintwork. Lookin forward to see how ya do non battle metal, the grill and especially worn leather on those tiny seats. 8)
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Cheers dude its all in the weathering :lol: i might as well post some shots of the Stug im doing aswell jus cant find my usb ! lol
-
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

i'd really like to get bck into models. i used to have unfinished mig-21 and b-36 peacemaker models, but i think they got thrown out as i got one in like 1994 and one in like 1996 haha
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Go for it dude im sure i could recommend a model make/scale etc for ya !? jus say what you would be interested in and i would search my vast model geek brain for ya :lol:
-
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

cisco wrote:Go for it dude im sure i could recommend a model make/scale etc for ya !? jus say what you would be interested in and i would search my vast model geek brain for ya :lol:
im interested in vehicles/tanks from ww1, planes and vehicles/ships from ww2, choppers from vietnam and modern aircraft. also interested in cars that no one else would prob like. for instance im somewhat obsessed with mg hatchbacls from the 80's,would love to get one (or an old alfa romeo spider) and do an engine swap. a model would be cool too though.

also cisco i was showing my friend some of your work here on acd, his dad as i mentioned is huge into models, hes been published in fine scale models mag and such. hes got quite a display/collection. going to try and get him to get some pics of his dads stuff for you. he just has to ask his dad and tag the pics and such.
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

well peeps jus a wee update on my modelling ! I have written two reports for the shows i attended this year and they have been accepted for publication !!! :D So the magazine has also sent me some products to review for them , £60 odd worth for free !! :shock: :D Hopefully thats jus the start of it ? So im finally feeling as if all my hard work is paying off :wink:

heres a current project i have on the go , assembled ready for paint !

-
cantona7

Post by cantona7 »

cisco wrote:well peeps jus a wee update on my modelling ! I have written two reports for the shows i attended this year and they have been accepted for publication !!! :D So the magazine has also sent me some products to review for them , £60 odd worth for free !! :shock: :D Hopefully thats jus the start of it ? So im finally feeling as if all my hard work is paying off :wink:

heres a current project i have on the go , assembled ready for paint !

tiger tank?

im high right now and my mind is trying to tell me its a german elephant tank.
gixxer

Post by gixxer »

did you see the one advertised on tv cisco, the ww2 jap warship the yamoto,

have to say it looked good but would cost as much as the real thing buying it every week :lol: :lol:
RIP Lee Rigby

a fallen brother
cantona7

Post by cantona7 »

gixxer wrote:did you see the one advertised on tv cisco, the ww2 jap warship the yamoto,

have to say it looked good but would cost as much as the real thing buying it every week :lol: :lol:
my friend in school had a big model of the yamato. she and her sister ship the musashi were awesome.
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

gixxer wrote:did you see the one advertised on tv cisco, the ww2 jap warship the yamoto,

Lol its like that tiger tank one you could buy n build it looked pretty good until you realise its an early interior in a late model tank !! you could buy a much better detailed model for mucho cheaper , and you would have all the bits at once ! :shock: :lol:
-
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

cantona7 wrote:

tiger tank?

Nearly dude it is a big cat !! its a Jagdpanther :wink:
-
cantona7

Post by cantona7 »

cisco wrote:
cantona7 wrote:

tiger tank?

Nearly dude it is a big cat !! its a Jagdpanther :wink:
do they make models for artillery pieces? like rail guns?