peoples other passions

About ourselves.

Moderators: tuttiflutes, chillers2, Balou

Ingwey Gooblebogger

Post by Ingwey Gooblebogger »

......and in the heavyweight amature ranks,,pot is rampant.....
But don't they do random testing? I had three very close friends who were Olympic calibre atheletes and they would periodically and randomly be asked to "pee into a cup" by the doping agencies.

Maybe they didn't have such stringent tests when you were boxing?

Ingwey Gooblebogger

Post by Ingwey Gooblebogger »

I have a passion for my Country, and fully intend on travelling every inch of it while I still reside here. But I hate driving so much, it takes a helluva lot of motivation to actually do it
Aye, Scotland is a bonny country!

I think the most beautiful place I've ever seen is the West coast of Scotland and the Highlands.

One of my great-grandfathers (or maybe it was great-great-grandfathers) rode a pennyfarthing from John O' Groats to Landsend. That would be a great way to see both Scotland and England!
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

Ingwey Gooblebogger wrote:
Aye, Scotland is a bonny country!

I think the most beautiful place I've ever seen is the West coast of Scotland and the Highlands.

One of my great-grandfathers (or maybe it was great-great-grandfathers) rode a pennyfarthing from John O' Groats to Landsend. That would be a great way to see both Scotland and England!
What, like Iona?

Or Mull?

Or Maybe Oban?

I love my Country :D

Endure
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

Ingwey Gooblebogger wrote:
......and in the heavyweight amature ranks,,pot is rampant.....
But don't they do random testing? I had three very close friends who were Olympic calibre atheletes and they would periodically and randomly be asked to "pee into a cup" by the doping agencies.

Maybe they didn't have such stringent tests when you were boxing?
not too much in the 80s....started to get bad in themid 90s...they wernt lookin for pot too much back then...and in 2 or 3 days they way we work out the stuff was gone from our systems...alot of water gets consumed during workouts...and most of us wernt golden gloves or olympic caliber anyways.just lead throwers..buster douglas got baked with me 2 weeks before tyson...didnt seem to affect him at that point and he passed the test with flyin colors....they be lookin fer roids and enhancers...now a days...i wouldnt even try...
rockin into the night
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

Pauli Wallnuts wrote:
USBONGLORD wrote:...but ya would starve for weeks to pull yer weight down..
did you have a favourite food which you craved after a fight? bet that was as nice as the smoke :)
cheese blintzes...omfg cheese blintzes with tons of sugar on top....id eat 12 of em :D ........i want one now
rockin into the night
tuttiflutes

Post by tuttiflutes »

Music and Art....

any kind will do..

tutti
May you shit rise up & KISS you on the face
hippy_man99

Post by hippy_man99 »

Music is one of my passions- I play guitar, bass, and harmonica

Cooking is another- I love being in the kitchen concocting some strange combinations of veggies, meat and grain with spices to make a tasty meal....

Rock climbing, botany, archaeology, biking, Hockey (watching it) and other stuff

peace
hippy
cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

joeuk wrote:yea i have a passion for dogs to but when me last one bo a Greyhound saluki whippet cross passed away av decided am not havin another one its to upseting when they go
unfortunately animals tend to have such a short life, and yes it breaks your heart when they pass, but the best way to fill that void is to get another one. I like to rescue animals from shelters that are kill shelters. Now that breaks my heart worst then anything.
I need a miracle everyday
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Kids, Dogs, Mountain bike, Menace, and Cars

All good fun 8)
darkglobe

Post by darkglobe »

Listening to Music whilst driving,walking(I've got a forest to walk around too),whilst smoking dope,obviously ! and pottering about in the garden on those extremely rare sunny,dry days here in We(s)t Cork...
and watching strange films...i love the cinema... :D
"That cats something i can't explain"
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

USBONGLORD wrote:
Pauli Wallnuts wrote:
USBONGLORD wrote:...but ya would starve for weeks to pull yer weight down..
did you have a favourite food which you craved after a fight? bet that was as nice as the smoke :)
cheese blintzes...omfg cheese blintzes with tons of sugar on top....id eat 12 of em :D ........i want one now
id never heard of these before, googled it & it looks/sounds lovely, next time i go get salt beef bagels from the jewish bakery in brick lane im gonna see i they sell them, they do sell cakes & sweets so hopefully :D otherwise next time im in north london
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNLkNh ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lord Average

Post by Lord Average »

These are my passions
Martial Arts (long time serious student)
Fishing (coarse, sea & fly)
Travel (especially Asia)
Photography

USBONGLORD wrote:...and in the heavyweight amature ranks,,pot is rampant...:
I used to know a famous professional Middleweight Champion back in the early/mid 90's. He also liked a smoke at the after-fight party. I dont know how this didnt get flagged on the tests ....I never asked !
Live your life be free
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

Lord Average wrote:These are my passions
Martial Arts (long time serious student)
Fishing (coarse, sea & fly)
Travel (especially Asia)
Photography

USBONGLORD wrote:...and in the heavyweight amature ranks,,pot is rampant...:
I used to know a famous professional Middleweight Champion back in the early/mid 90's. He also liked a smoke at the after-fight party. I dont know how this didnt get flagged on the tests ....I never asked !
dont think its eubank, used to drop in to the garage i worked, in his truck regularly & id like to think id recognise a fellow pot head, me thinking the dark destroyer :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNLkNh ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lord Average

Post by Lord Average »

Couldnt possibly comment ...... even to say you might be right :roll:
Live your life be free
Sky

Post by Sky »

USBL,
This is long before your time, but you might be interested to know that one of my father's best friends growing up was Max Baer. When I was a little boy I would sit around watching them play pinochle (cards) at the Elk's club. My grandfather was asked to manage him when he was coming up, but he didn't have time, so he hooked him up with the manager who took him to the heavyweight championship. Both Max and his brother, Buddy, who also had a few fights, were huge guys with hands the size of catcher's mitts. Max was a sweet guy, though, and would gather up the neighborhood kids in his Cadillac convertible and take them to the river swimming in the summer.

My father told me this story about Max when he was Champ. He had a chauffeured limo with a chauffeur in the appropriate chauffeur outfit, and they used to drive around town at night with Max in the front seat of the limo, the both of them trying to pick up chicks.