Holiday with paid for carer

About ourselves.

Moderators: tuttiflutes, chillers2, Balou

ftcarer

Holiday with paid for carer

Post by ftcarer »

I'm after any info any of you may have regarding package/all incusive holidays where you employ a carer to go with you :?:
Preferably(sp) Gran Canaria / Spain but all info could help :mrgreen:
I've just started researching this & could use any help from our world weary travellers :mrgreen:

Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
Nimrod

Re: Holiday with paid for carer

Post by Nimrod »

Try posting your query in the Virtual Tourist miscellaneous forum. That's a rather large, world wide community there. Good luck.
chillers2

Post by chillers2 »

hi FT

my brother is a full time carer, ( 3 to himself, 24 / 7 ), its so hard,

we all went on a holiday together last year to spain, us 4 and those 4, so me and hubby helped out a lot, gave him a break now and again.

this year he is paying for my hubby to go with them as they are all male, to help him care for them, cos as far as i know theres no such company that do that, my brother would have been onto them like a shot !

dont you know anyone suitable who you could pay for to go, i am sure some kind soul would do it for a free holiday to help you out, and that could cost less than paying a carer, there are some fantastic holiday deals on at the moment, (or did you need to go in kids hols)

i will however keep my eyes open for you into this as looking at some cracking deals,
just chilling .....
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Nimrod wrote:Try posting your query in the Virtual Tourist miscellaneous forum. That's a rather large, world wide community there. Good luck.
Thankyou , haven't tried there but will :)

chillers2 wrote:hi FT
my brother is a full time carer, ( 3 to himself, 24 / 7 ), its so hard,
we all went on a holiday together last year to spain, us 4 and those 4, so me and hubby helped out a lot, gave him a break now and again.
this year he is paying for my hubby to go with them as they are all male, to help him care for them, cos as far as i know theres no such company that do that, my brother would have been onto them like a shot !
dont you know anyone suitable who you could pay for to go, i am sure some kind soul would do it for a free holiday to help you out, and that could cost less than paying a carer, there are some fantastic holiday deals on at the moment, (or did you need to go in kids hols)
i will however keep my eyes open for you into this as looking at some cracking deals,

Thankyou Chillers , we have thought of asking a friend , a mates wife used to be a homehelp/carer & i'm pretty sure she'd do it , she would be paid though not only because I know they could do with the money but also so she knows it's a job & not a hol , family would be a different matter .
This may well be her Uncles last hol so I want someone there on a purely professional basis so Wifey & him can just enjoy themselves & not stress .
He comes home next week & will have carers in 4 times a day , if he gets settled with them i'll ask if 1 of them could do it .

Before now they have always gone to Gran Canaria with Thomson (should there be a p in there somewhere :lol: ) & they get a ***** :D :D for looking after them , both were in wheelchairs last year & the staff & reps were all over them from the minute they got to the airport :D this year he just needs that more personal care , i'm going in to talk with them aswell , might get lucky & find that they can supply 1 :mrgreen:

I've been looking through this site too http://www.disabledholidaydirectory.co.uk/
don't know if you or your brother have seen/used it ? If you have , any use ? If you haven't hope it can help in some way .

Keep up any suggestion you have people , all appreciated :mrgreen:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)