what film(s) are u watching

Moderators: Balou, cattales1960

cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

what film(s) are u watching

Post by cantona7 »

not a tthis moment actually but what are u planning to watch this week or today.

i just watched the final scene of last of the mohicans and decided i need to watch the whole film again. that last scene though has to be one of the best fight scenes though. daniel day lewis is one hell of an actor too. what about you guys? though with the what are u reading and what are u listening to this would be the next step.

educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Just saw "Shrek Forever After" with my grand-daughter. Very funny movie.

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

how much were tickets i heard like $20
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

I took her to the matinee show. She's six years old, and it was five dollars for her ticket....mine, seven dollars. And you know I can live with that, but what burns my ass, it cost me twelve dollars for a box of Red Vines, one apple juice and one medium drink. Dam it anyway, that's highway robbery. No wonder the wife and I don't go out to see a flick. We would rather wait until it comes out on DVD or order it from DirecTV.

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
cantona7

Post by cantona7 »

i guess the price i was told was for 3d. yea food at the cinema is way to expensive.
Boner

Post by Boner »

I hardly ever go to the regular cinema because it's normally full of chavs texting or chatting on their phones and the like but I do like the whole iMax experiance so we go there now & then, but if I ever go and watch a non-3D movie we go here: http://www.theelectric.co.uk/ not cheap by any means - £12 a ticket but thats because they have really comfy leather sofas so it's kind of like watching a movie at home, they also let you text your food and drink orders and they bring it to your seat, they do booze as well. :D
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
cantona7

Post by cantona7 »

Boner wrote:I hardly ever go to the regular cinema because it's normally full of chavs texting or chatting on their phones and the like but I do like the whole iMax experiance so we go there now & then, but if I ever go and watch a non-3D movie we go here: http://www.theelectric.co.uk/ not cheap by any means - £12 a ticket but thats because they have really comfy leather sofas so it's kind of like watching a movie at home, they also let you text your food and drink orders and they bring it to your seat, they do booze as well. :D
we have a place similiar to that here called cinnabar. my brother went and loved it.

i wish they'd have theaters that had older films from the past on the big screen.
bridget

Post by bridget »

I've got Law Abiding Citizen to watch tonight. Last night I watched Mystic River - old film I know, but with that cast and Clint directing ya can't go wrong.
TRANCE

Post by TRANCE »

The last film I watched for the first time a couple of days ago and quite liked too was Inglourious Basterds. Wasn't sure what to expect from Quentin Tarantino, but it ended up being a good film.

Boner

Post by Boner »

How can you not be sure what to expect off QT?
TRANCE

Post by TRANCE »

Tarantino has his own twisted style and wasn't sure how he was going to handle a film like this or what to expect, but it was better than I expected if I'm honest with a damn good cast. Glued to the seat from start to finish.
bridget

Post by bridget »

TRANCE wrote:Tarantino has his own twisted style and wasn't sure how he was going to handle a film like this or what to expect, but it was better than I expected if I'm honest with a damn good cast. Glued to the seat from start to finish.
Yeah, that is a pretty good film. Some good acting too.
TRANCE

Post by TRANCE »

bridget wrote:
TRANCE wrote:Tarantino has his own twisted style and wasn't sure how he was going to handle a film like this or what to expect, but it was better than I expected if I'm honest with a damn good cast. Glued to the seat from start to finish.
Yeah, that is a pretty good film. Some good acting too.
Bang on! I thought the same too. Christoph Waltz who played the German Col. Hans Landa was particularly good.
Last edited by TRANCE on Sat 29th May 2010 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boner

Post by Boner »

Yeah it's one of my top 5 QT movies.
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

bridget wrote:I've got Law Abiding Citizen to watch tonight. Last night I watched Mystic River - old film I know, but with that cast and Clint directing ya can't go wrong.
LAC outstanding movie ! :shock: :lol: i really enjoyed that ! i have the hurt locker to watch , i tried to start watching it in Amsterdam but i crashed out both times !! :lol:
-