Question: Dialogue at coffeeshop in Dutch

Dutch language.
S-t-e-v-e

Re: Question: Dialogue at coffeeshop in Dutch

Post by S-t-e-v-e »

So how good is the average budtenders English in the dam? I'll be making my first trip near the end of august and I'd hate to look like too much of an ignorant tourist for not knowing any of the native language, but judging by how many of the menus I've seen are in English I'm guessing I'll be just fine ordering in English?

schererbuzz

Post by schererbuzz »

S-t-e-v-e wrote:So how good is the average budtenders English in the dam? I'll be making my first trip near the end of august and I'd hate to look like too much of an ignorant tourist for not knowing any of the native language, but judging by how many of the menus I've seen are in English I'm guessing I'll be just fine ordering in English?
Don't sweat it. English will be fine in Amsterdam.
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

S-t-e-v-e wrote:So how good is the average budtenders English in the dam? I'll be making my first trip near the end of august and I'd hate to look like too much of an ignorant tourist for not knowing any of the native language, but judging by how many of the menus I've seen are in English I'm guessing I'll be just fine ordering in English?
Forget where i heard it, but i found this to be very true....... English is the language of money.......Amsterdam its no problem.....Paris as soon as you pull out money they begin to understand you. Rome also very tourist friendly...not as much as Amsterdam, but you will get by.
Shells sink. Dreams float.