Rijksmuseum

Dutch language.
Kingdoc

Rijksmuseum

Post by Kingdoc »

If anyone has any spare time or have been stuck in two minds about going i would say GO,If you like history & culture well this is the place for you! words still fail me when i try & tell people about the masterpeices section.

www.rijksmuseum.nl/

Jasmeena

Post by Jasmeena »

It's quite expensive to get in there tho.. and some ppl may think their euros are better spent in other ways ;)
"Don't step on the grass... smoke it!!"
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

Jasmeena wrote:It's quite expensive to get in there tho.. and some ppl may think their euros are better spent in other ways ;)
Great museum, but I think the Van Gogh and Hortus are better sites. Of course standing in front of Night Watch baked outta yer gourd is pretty cool.
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Jasmeena wrote:It's quite expensive to get in there tho.. and some ppl may think their euros are better spent in other ways ;)

Expensive? what 11 euros?,Words still fail me when i try to explain to people the collections there! it took me about 3 hours to see it all,Go go go :lol:.
Jasmeena

Post by Jasmeena »

Kingdoc wrote:

Expensive? what 11 euros?,Words still fail me when i try to explain to people the collections there! it took me about 3 hours to see it all,Go go go :lol:.
Ok 11 euros isn't expensive if everyone is paying their own way, but when I have to fork out for 5 ppl.. it's expensive!!

Though I have to admit that the Rijksmuseum is a nice day spent if it's raining.. think I spent about 4 hrs in there when I was last there in '99 .. and they were renovating next door so the Van Gogh bit was free entrance if you paid to go to the Rijks! What a deal! :)
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Jasmeena wrote:
Kingdoc wrote:

Ok 11 euros isn't expensive if everyone is paying their own way, but when I have to fork out for 5 ppl.. it's expensive!!

Though I have to admit that the Rijksmuseum is a nice day spent if it's raining.. think I spent about 4 hrs in there when I was last there in '99 .. and they were renovating next door so the Van Gogh bit was free entrance if you paid to go to the Rijks! What a deal! :)

Paying for 5 people? christ you must be rich lol.
Jasmeena

Post by Jasmeena »

Kingdoc wrote:Paying for 5 people? christ you must be rich lol.
Three kids and a hubby... (plus me) and no, we didn't go!! As I am not rich!! ;)
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Jasmeena wrote:
Kingdoc wrote:Paying for 5 people? christ you must be rich lol.
Three kids and a hubby... (plus me) and no, we didn't go!! As I am not rich!! ;)

:oops: Ah,The paintings of the "dutch world power" were great,Ps i will try the van gogh next time.