Cannatonic: Cannabis Strains Worth Seeking Abroad

RoMoney

Cannatonic: Cannabis Strains Worth Seeking Abroad

Post by RoMoney »

Anyone have any experience of this strain? I don't recall seeing it in any of the clubs though when you consider the sheer size of some of the menus (like La Kalada!!), I could be forgiven for missing it.

https://www.leafly.com/news/strains-pro ... ing-abroad
Cannatonic
Origin: Barcelona, Spain

Much like the coffeeshops in the Netherlands, the cannabis social clubs that have cropped up in Barcelona and elsewhere in Spain over the last decade aren’t really legal, they’re just tolerated—for the most part. Clubs have been busted by the authorities in the past, and the Spanish legal system is still grappling with how to enforce (or not) a set of cannabis laws that allow for “personal” consumption in a “private” setting, without ever defining those terms.

The city itself, of course, is one of the world’s ideal places to be stoned. Tapas is the ultimate stoner cuisine, and Gaudi is the best architect ever when you’re high. The most popular local strain when I was there some years ago was Jack Herer, an Dutch-bred varietal that most assuredly flourishes beneath a Spanish sun. But to experience a truly homegrown phenomenon, take the time to track down Cannatonic, a high-CBD strain bred by Spanish seed bank Resin Seeds.

With THC rarely above 7% and CBD potentially above 15%, it’s a cross of MK Ultra and G13 Haze with a “slight earthy odor and a mild, sweet, vaguely citrusy flavor.” While not providing much of a high due to its elevated CBD profile, the strain offers profound therapeutic relief for pain, inflammation, and anxiety. It’s the perfect way to unwind after a long hot day wandering La Rambla.

Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Papi

Re: Cannatonic: Cannabis Strains Worth Seeking Abroad

Post by Papi »

La Kalada had VDCD and Cannatonic some time ago;)
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Papi wrote: Mon 2nd Apr 2018 10:42 am La Kalada had VDCD and Cannatonic some time ago;)
I'll be checking in La Kalada in May! :mrgreen:
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Basswee

Post by Basswee »

I have posted about VCDC 2 or 3 times in a year on my page I think :P
Really like that strain. Lakalada has it since a time but also some others IT connexion where I got some lately, grown NKF , really clean, nice buds and smoke.