Don’t Get Too Excited About America’s First-Ever Marijuana Cafés

Legal recreational and medical dispensaries.
Fat_old_dwarf

Re: Don’t Get Too Excited About America’s First-Ever Marijuana Cafés

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

notsofasteddie wrote: Fri 30th Jun 2017 12:08 amProponents of restrictions included Gertrude Grant, a member of the West Washington Park neighborhood board, who said residents’ rights were “under siege” in areas that abut commercial zones with a lot of cannabis activity. Grant was concerned that patio permits for some cafés could send pungent smoke wafting over residential neighborhoods, and she asked the city to consider requiring buffer zones between outdoor smoking areas and private homes. “Please don’t let Denver become even more of a skunk city,” she said, to applause from neighborhood advocates.

Rachel O'Bryan, an attorney who has been a vocal opponent of cannabis cafés, said no industry should be allowed to craft its own regulations, and that goes for marijuana, too. O’Bryan heads Protect Denver’s Atmosphere, a coalition opposed to cafés for varying reasons. It includes representatives from several anti-tobacco organizations, the American Lung Association Colorado chapter, the parents’ group Smart Colorado, and the Colorado Restaurant Association, among others.

O'Bryan, the mother of a teenager, is concerned about how public consumption will play out, especially among minors.

“Please don’t let Denver become even more of a skunk city.”
Careless reporting, or is there a hymnbook that they all sing out of?

redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

Couldn't be bothered to read all that.

Will never be Mokum. The entire US industry is consumer based. The love is gone. Thats all travelers need to know.
Shells sink. Dreams float.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Erhm, I beg to differ redeyez, as a potential visitor I would very much like to know what my options are for legal consumption, not only if "the love is there"....
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Au contraire indeed.

The American dream is all about financial success; the booming profits from the Cannabis Industry is indicative of that 'love' (yes I struggle to call it that too to be fair - but hey, whatever floats your boat). Yes it's consumerism - yes I find it slightly tasteless too.

But the benefits of operating in a regulated market are clear. Especially for those needing safe medical access.

I wonder what leads to people becoming acceptant of being forced to live under prohibition - while simultaneously expected to be happy being charged through the nose by kids more interested in buying their latest Whip or Roadman tracksuit n trainers than they are contributing to social welfare through taxes? All while paying for entry to consumption parlours (can I get a patent on that?) paying £20 - £25 for a gram of mids, or paying £50 for a gram of something imported from that regulated market that they're critiquing. (OH THE IRONY)

Tell you what the answer is though - posts like this made on public forums for those curious enough to care.
Keep it coming Ed.
macky

Post by macky »

redeyezman wrote: Tue 4th Jul 2017 03:04 pm Couldn't be bothered to read all that.

Will never be Mokum. The entire US industry is consumer based. The love is gone. Thats all travelers need to know.
AAAH…WHAT :D Sorry but Amsterdam your a customer consuming over priced weed .
If your lucky the owner cares about your experience and you keep coming back.
In America they will give you lots of options to experience that,s what they do .
As far as love ? Love the city way more then the iffy CS weed :mrgreen:
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

macky wrote: Thu 6th Jul 2017 12:08 am
redeyezman wrote: Tue 4th Jul 2017 03:04 pm Couldn't be bothered to read all that.

In America they will give you lots of options to experience that,s what they do .
America is the only country to go from barbarism to decadence without knowing civilzation.
macky

Post by macky »

redeyezman wrote: Sat 8th Jul 2017 06:48 pm

America is the only country to go from barbarism to decadence without knowing civilzation.
Fuck dude ever hear Kind of Blue by Miles Davis ,listen to this through good Set of JBL speakers with a MacIntosh amp on 7 . You realize the Stones and a lot of musicians from your little island borrowed those songs :D
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

macky wrote: Sun 9th Jul 2017 12:08 am
redeyezman wrote: Sat 8th Jul 2017 06:48 pm

Fuck dude ever hear Kind of Blue by Miles Davis ,listen to this through good Set of JBL speakers with a MacIntosh amp on 7 . You realize the Stones and a lot of musicians from your little island borrowed those songs :D
Yes I do realize this. Do you realize that "black culture" will never be nationally or internationally accepted as American? The entire narrative everyone plays from is agenda based. Jimi Hendrix had to GO TO ENGLAND to find refuge, and success at the same time. Freddie knew the power of Jimi, so he got the next best guitar player and away he went. Thank you for assisting in proving my point.

I assure you my American made Orion amp is of the lowest possible distortion possible (THD .03) while maintaining the loudest sound possible @ 1200W RMS
macky

Post by macky »

Black culture will never be accepted as American? Again what the fuck ? The delta Blues and New O,rleans Jazz is from where ? Hip hops from the world or America ? Thinking the west coast ,east coasts rappers,Pacific Northwest grunge scene . Americas a big country California dreaming all that beach music ,Hollywood movies ,HBO TV , your right Americas a cultural waste land :D John Lee Hooker has a bar in San Fran.called the Boom Boom Room across street from famous rock bar where bands have been playing since sixty,s including Jimmi and Jim Morrison ,Ya US has no culture ....I said Ah! Boom ,Boom Boom :D