Ed the Head goes to Appalachia August 25-29 2017

Legal recreational and medical dispensaries.
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Ed the Head goes to Appalachia August 25-29 2017

Post by ed the head »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Ridge_Mountains
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Staten+ ... 681455!3e0

A trip through Appalachia visit to my daughters and meet my new grandson. Beautiful scenic views throughout but the long drive factored into my increasing age cause me to break the 700 mile trip over two days.

Nice stop in Lexington to visit a good friend from the home block in Brooklyn. Great guy, fantastic Mrs. , so good to see them. He is a very good guitarist, like Warren Haynes good, it was fun to jam a little.

Got a nice cabin, but 'Sevierville' sure does cover a wide swath of land. My daughter was still 45 minutes away but still in Sevierville. No matter, we have a much better read for next time.

Great visit! So nice to meet the new baby! It was the end of a big vacation week there on account of the eclipse. That was the talk of the town until Harvey began his torrential assault on Texas.

My daughter really appreciated the diapers, formula, baby wash, baby clothes, batteries, money and cannabis I brought her. She also enjoyed the Spaghetti and meatballs we had for dinner, and the Norwegian Pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream for breakfast.

We would have stopped back at my friends house in Lexington on the way back but they were off vacationing at the shore so we got a room at the Hampton Inn in Harrisonburg. Charming University town. We had driven about an hour this morning before I stopped for a rest room, coffee and gas. During the process I left my phone atop the car and went 1 exit north before I realized. We back tracked and found it where we had entered the Interstate after the stop. It was lying face down and initially I had high hopes of it being operational. We pulled off to the side and I watched in horror as an 18 wheeler ran right over it as it entered the ramp onto the highway. I retrieved it anyway, this is what an iPhone looks like after being run over by a Freight Liner:
Aside from that, the return trip home was uneventful and as with the rest of the trip, most pleasant.
Beautiful country.

He who tries to shine dims his own light
spidergawd

Re: Ed the Head goes to Appalachia August 25-29 2017

Post by spidergawd »

What a beautiful trip mate, you have wonderful and diverse country and the family visit is the cherry topplng. Lovely pictures you looks a happy man. :D

And dont throw away the iphone, you have a piece of moden art. Call it "1st world road kill" :mrgreen:
What a long strange trip it is.
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Nice trip :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Glad you had a great time
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

spidergawd wrote: Wed 30th Aug 2017 01:13 am What a beautiful trip mate, you have wonderful and diverse country and the family visit is the cherry topplng. Lovely pictures you looks a happy man. :D

And dont throw away the iphone, you have a piece of moden art. Call it "1st world road kill" :mrgreen:
Bedankt Mate! Love the Road Kill analogy :!: :idea:

The combination of adolescence, distance and divorce animosity made visits in previous years very difficult. I am very happy to have that period behind us and I guess it shows.

Patience.
Compassion.
Simplicity.
http://acc6.its.brooklyn.cuny.edu/~phal ... te-v3.html67

Thanks again!!
He who tries to shine dims his own light
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Great read! The Blue Ridge Pkwy is beautiful through there. Congrats on the grandchild.