More marijuana is consumed in NYC than in any other city in the world

Legal recreational and medical dispensaries.
worldcitizen1723

More marijuana is consumed in NYC than in any other city in the world

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

Legal weed might be on its way to New York, but the city is already chock-full of bomb-ass kush.

A recent study from Seedo, which manufactures a plant cultivation device, found that more devil’s lettuce is consumed in New York than in any other city on earth. It estimates that a grand total of 77.44 metric tons of the stuff is consumed within the five boroughs every year (which is about the same weight as the Endeavor space shuttle, another conduit that's taken humans to space, man). According to the study, the world’s next biggest consumer of that loud is Karachi, Pakistan, at 41.95 metric tons per year, followed by New Delhi at 38.26. Los Angeles ranked fourth on the list, with an annual consumption of 36.06 metric tons.

The study doesn’t just aim to demonstrate which cities smoke the most jazz cigarettes—its real goal is to show how much tax revenue cities are missing out on by failing to legalize cannabis. At an estimated cost of $10.76 per gram (crowdsourced from city-level surveys coupled with data from the 2017 World Drug Report), Seedo says that New York City could bring in an additional $156.4 million worth of annual revenue from legalizing and taxing pot at the same rate that it already does cigarettes.

“This is equivalent to providing nearly three months' worth of free school meals to every single public school kid in New York City,” says Uri Zeevi, the company’s chief marketing officer, who seems to have missed an opportunity to point out that the extra tax revenue would be enough to purchase 5.8 million Cheesy Gordita Crunches from Taco Bell.

Marijuana legalization is already expected to be passed in New Jersey this year, and Vermont and New Hampshire are also poised to join the club. In January, Governor Andrew Cuomo called for the state to form a panel to advise him on the prospect of legalizing that sweet, stinky cheebah. With neighboring states queueing up legislation to legalize the green, it seems it’s just a matter of time before New Yorkers can get stoned without worrying about Johnny Law—we're already doing it en masse anyway.

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/news/mo ... rld-022218

worldcitizen1723

Re: More marijuana is consumed in NYC than in any other city in the world

finally : )
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

Taxation is theft.
Shells sink. Dreams float.
macky

Post by macky »

redeyezman wrote: Fri 18th May 2018 12:47 pm Taxation is theft. No not paying them is a crime, your statements Fake news :D
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

macky wrote: Fri 18th May 2018 01:07 pm
redeyezman wrote: Fri 18th May 2018 12:47 pm Taxation is theft. No not paying them is a crime, your statements Fake news :D
everything Hitler, Stalin, and Mao did was legal. Fuck off if you don't like those who are able to think for themselves.

E2A: Learn to use a computer and quote/respond correctly.
worldcitizen1723

redeyezman wrote: Fri 18th May 2018 12:47 pm Taxation is theft.
jail is worse
macky

Post by macky »

redeyezman wrote: Fri 18th May 2018 11:43 pm
everything Hitler, Stalin, and Mao did was legal. Fuck off if you don't like those who are able to think for themselves.

Ok little man ...keep shoveling your republican propaganda on Fox it will not work here .Ok Comrade Trump supporter....Sad :D
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

macky wrote: Sat 19th May 2018 11:35 am
redeyezman wrote: Fri 18th May 2018 11:43 pm

Ok little man ...keep shoveling your republican propaganda on Fox it will not work here .Ok Comrade Trump supporter....Sad :D
I voted 3rd party. Trump speaks in one word sentences just like you....Sad!
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

worldcitizen1723 wrote: Sat 19th May 2018 04:24 am
jail is worse
which is exactly why they make theft legal. I get that you love force when its applied for things you agree with and hate force when its applied with things you don't agree with. I'm not so easily fooled though.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

redeyezman wrote: Sun 20th May 2018 12:01 am
jail is worse
which is exactly why they make theft legal. I get that you love force when its applied for things you agree with and hate force when its applied with things you don't agree with. I'm not so easily fooled though.
Well nothing gets past you...
macky

Post by macky »

3rd party vote ,was a vote for Trump such a silly little man you are?
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

macky wrote: Sun 20th May 2018 11:17 am 3rd party vote ,was a vote for Trump such a silly little man you are?
Nah a vote for a person is a vote for that person. Both sides side that to guilt people into voting for their side. If people can't think for themselves I can't help that.

That's assuming elections are even legitimate anymore, and not simply selections by ruling class.
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Sun 20th May 2018 08:47 am

jail is worse
What are you trying to say? Because I didn't address her insinuation that if I don't pay taxes I goto jail? That's not always the case... But believe what you wish. Glad you hopped on the mob mentality train. All aboard! There's an American saying things contarty to our beliefs! Attack!
worldcitizen1723

redeyezman wrote: Sun 20th May 2018 12:54 pm

What are you trying to say? Because I didn't address her insinuation that if I don't pay taxes I goto jail? That's not always the case... But believe what you wish. Glad you hopped on the mob mentality train. All aboard! There's an American saying things contarty to our beliefs! Attack!

lol I never said if you do not pay taxes you will go to jail..... rotflmao
talk about missing the point!

I SAID I WOULD RATHER PAY A TAX TO BUY POT THAN GO TO JAIL...

ffs
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

worldcitizen1723 wrote: Sun 20th May 2018 05:23 pm
redeyezman wrote: Sun 20th May 2018 12:54 pm

lol I never said if you do not pay taxes you will go to jail..... rotflmao
talk about missing the point!

I SAID I WOULD RATHER PAY A TAX TO BUY POT THAN GO TO JAIL...

ffs
Buying pot without government consent doesn't equal going to jail. 90% of the smokers i never been to jail for pot or anything else. They have 30+ years of doing so, safely. I missed your point, because there isnt one. Unless I'm able to the mind bending for points that dont hold water... Which I'm not.