Psychedelic mushroom legalization effort in Oregon gets ballot language approval

Legal recreational and medical dispensaries.
EasilySuede

Psychedelic mushroom legalization effort in Oregon gets ballot language approval

Post by EasilySuede »

from https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2018/12 ... roval.html

PORTLAND — Oregon’s attorney general has approved language for a ballot measure to make psychedelic mushrooms legal.

FILE - In this Aug. 3, 2007, file photo, psilocybin mushrooms are seen in a grow room at the Procare farm in Hazerswoude, central Netherlands. Oregon's attorney general has approved language for a ballot measure to make psychedelic mushrooms legal. (AP Photo/Peter Dejong, File) AP (The Associated Press)

Oregon Public Broadcasting reports that the measure would reduce criminal penalties for the manufacture, delivery and possession of psilocybin — the hallucinogen contained in psychedelic mushrooms.

The Oregon Psilocybin Society plans this month to start gathering the 140,000 signatures necessary to get the measure onto the ballot in 2020.

The number of signatures required is nearly equal to the population of Salem.

The federal government controlled use of mushrooms in the 1970s.

A spokeswoman for Oregon's top prosecutor, Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum, tells OPB the agency doesn't typically comment on ballot measures.

A similar effort to legalize in California failed recently.

--The Associated Press

cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Re: Psychedelic mushroom legalization effort in Oregon gets ballot language approval

Post by cantona7 »

there has been talk about doing this in washington as well. they just need to legalise mescaline and mdma as well and get it over with.
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin