1,700 kg of hashish seized

Adamster

1,700 kg of hashish seized

Post by Adamster »

The Canada Border Services Agency said Thursday it has seized more than 1,700 kilograms of hashish in the Port of Montreal.

Officers discovered the drugs in a shipping container from South Africa on Jan. 27 but kept the information quiet for two weeks so the news wouldn't interfere with police work, agency spokesman Dominique McNeely said.

The drugs have a street value of about $36 million, McNeely told CBC News. ««« if sold at 15$ a gram!!

"According to our customs shipping information, the container arrived from South Africa and the drugs were concealed in the false bottom of wooden crates and the crates contained statues and masks," he said.

Canada Border Services Agency officials said the container came from South Africa. (Canada Border Services Agency)
The drugs were portioned off into 864 packets, and found in 18 of the 19 inspected crates, McNeely said.

The container in question had been examined by border officers in late July but returned to South Africa because the wood packaging didn't meet Canada's plant health requirements, the agency said.

McNeely said the hashish has since been turned over to the RCMP.

:? NO HASH THIS SUMMER :(

sh@dy

Re: 1,700 kg of hashish seized

Post by sh@dy »

Adamster wrote:
:? NO HASH THIS SUMMER :(
trust me, there will be enough hash ;)
there was an accident last year, where about 200tons of afghani were seized, which were about to leave for the european market.....no impact on the market, theres still plenty of good quality coming from there. if not even 200tons have an impact on the market, then there wont happen anything with those 1,7tons ;)
Ingwey Gooblebogger

Post by Ingwey Gooblebogger »

Actually, their valuations is based on $21.18* per gram!

Lets see how that works in the following scenario:

Dealer 1: I got 1700 KG of hash today

Dealer 2: Great, I'll buy 40 KG, at $1500/key

Dealer 1: No way man, I am selling all 1,700,000 grams, by the gram! :roll:

JESUS Cops are fucking morons!

(*$36,000,000/1,700,000 g = $21.18/g)