USbongLord

Re: Uraguay 1 dollar a gram!

Post by USbongLord »

15%5varieties....lol
rockin into the night
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

For a retail price as low as that, I'm sure 5 15% varieties will be just fine. Probably will be expanded beyond 5 types anyway and with provision to grow your own as well, there's plenty of scope for further choice for those who want it.
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

100s of varieties, $15+ a gram. The Uruguayans will be lolling harder at the Western world situation.
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

Read about this on the BBC website the other day, silly cheap, also amazed you can buy (according to that Yahoo article) buy a kilo for $20 in Paraguay !

As for the 15% thing, I hadn't read about that, but it doesn't seem that bad a starting point, hell if currently debated laws go through Dutch parliament we could be seeing the same thing in Amsterdam ! Also, back to Uruguay, I read you can grow 6 plants, and in reality you can probably grow whatever you want at home, I doubt you will get people coming around and checking your plants. That being said, I watched a tiny bit of a Vice documentary (I will watch the rest when I get time, and sorry if I am misrepresenting it by what I say here) and locals were saying that you had to register to buy/grow, and local growers seemed pretty reluctant.

BBC Article for anyone who wants to read that as well: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-27265310
Vice Documentary for anyone who wants to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BwVxmJPies
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

I'll hold my opinion till I see and smoke this weed....don't think this will have an impact on anything price wise anywhere else...
rockin into the night
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

No I think you are right there USBL, maybe locally it will (though not if those $20 kilos just over the border are accurate), but I don't think the repercussions will be felt in EU or US price wise (though a pretty decent hash mixer this could be !). I think the main positive is that it is another country taking a step in the right direction, and it may encourage others to do so.
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

I read it was something like People would have access to 10g per week max via the pharmacies.
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years there'd be a shortage of sand.

Bye, bye incentives. For $1 a gram where is the incentive to grow quality pot? This is going to be 100% outdoor 100% of the time. Sure nothing wrong with some nice outdoor right? Tons of good people who can make outdoor good, but they do that because they dont get $1/gram.... Okay well we're the gob'mint we can fix this. Lets just subsidise some scientific botanist salary and that will do it....except it will be some egghead who doesnt smoke. Or some stoner who no longer has an incentive to grow quality, just quantity.
Shells sink. Dreams float.
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

The people to whom quality really matters, are the people who will take advantage of the 6 plants per person (or was it household?) rule and grow their own I would have thought ?

The other thing to remember is the competition. In one of the articles cited it said that a kilo of pot from Paraguay went for $20, so 2 cent a gram. Ok after it has been carted across the border that price will increase, but still be considerably cheaper than $1 a gram I expect. People may pay a premium for legal access, but there will be a cap to that premium (if it is actually going to be used), and it will be significantly less if it's quality doesn't stand up to it's competition.

I think it is clear that it isn't going to make Uruguay a holiday destination for stoner's, but if the introduction of the law goes well, and legalising cannabis doesn't turn the country into a society griped by 'Reefer Madness', it mite at least encourage other countries to follow suit ! A step in the right direction =)
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

redeyezman wrote:If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years there'd be a shortage of sand.

Bye, bye incentives. For $1 a gram where is the incentive to grow quality pot? This is going to be 100% outdoor 100% of the time. Sure nothing wrong with some nice outdoor right? Tons of good people who can make outdoor good, but they do that because they dont get $1/gram.... Okay well we're the gob'mint we can fix this. Lets just subsidise some scientific botanist salary and that will do it....except it will be some egghead who doesnt smoke. Or some stoner who no longer has an incentive to grow quality, just quantity.
I think the purpose is to provide a supply so cheap and consistent that it won't be worth the criminals time trying to compete with the local market.
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

That's Scotty from Star Trek...lol
rockin into the night
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

USBONGLORD wrote:That's Scotty from Star Trek...lol
/\ /\ Definitely :D

I wish they'd beam him down over here for a while though, get us sorted out :D.
What a long strange trip it is.
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

lol imagine uruguay silk road dealers...

they can just go to store , buy weed ,
put it on silkroad , and sell it for 6x as much lol.
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

RvanSteensel wrote:lol imagine uruguay silk road dealers...

they can just go to store , buy weed ,
put it on silkroad , and sell it for 6x as much lol.
they can but only with 10g a week.