Merkel May Agree To Legalize Marijuana In Germany Under Coalition Deal

Fat_old_dwarf

Re: Merkel May Agree To Legalize Marijuana In Germany Under Coalition Deal

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I'm probably out of touch, but I can't quite get my head round this. Has Germany really changed that much since the days when it was nearly as bad as France, in terms of official policy and the views of the average nonsmoker? Not that I want to be overly pessimistic.

Papi

Post by Papi »

Merkel will say anything to gain votes. She's evil as fuck.
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
MinnBobber

Post by MinnBobber »

If Germany really did legalize cannabis, that would be awesome and hopefully start a domino effect throughout Europe!

I tried to post a picture of a "legalize marijuana" protest march from May of 2016 in Passau.
I had the privilege of marching in that----the highlight of my European trip.

My own pics are too big---see if this link to article from the Passau Am Sonntag e-paper come thru??? May 15, 2016 if anyone is better at posting than me :(

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2& ... &zw&atsh=1

anyone know if there will more such marches?
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

The link doesn't work. So I looked up the march, and discovered that it had been a massive success, as organisers had hoped for 50 people, and they managed to get 250. More or less what I'd expect of the back of beyond of Bavaria, and though picturesque enough, about as significant as an oompah band. Though probably with better music.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

The coalition will not happen... seems like there will be new elections... one of the parties (liberals) said that there is no real
trust basis between them and the greens party.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

At one point with the refugee crisis, it seemed Merkel was finished and now somehow she seems to be back in business, which is depressing.

I wish the German government would just stop trying to run Europe, there seems to be this complex that they understand how to do everything better than the rest of us (German systems only work when the people under them have a Germanic mentality - post colonial Africa proved this point over and over again - French/Brits left their political style of system with a people of an entirely different culture and it broke immediately). In the past they used blitzkrieg whereas now they are more sophisticated and use the Troika and various EU monetary institutions to impose their will. Interested to see if Macron can reign them in a bit or will he toe the line, I'd imagine it will be the latter.

Perhaps it all stems from their favourite phrase :D .... Ja, aber in Deutschland es ist viel besser (yes, but in Germany it's much better).
Bring back Imelda Marcos!