Green Place 2 (formerly Picasso and Amsterdamned)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Picasso

I like Picasso
90%
I don't like Picasso
10%

Total votes: 69

ShakeTheBud

Re: Picasso

Post by ShakeTheBud »

twinkles wrote:Long story why I ended here, but I did. In probably close to 50 visits to Amsterdam, I have never encountered more rude staff.
I guess you've never been to Dampkring 2 then :mrgreen:
The staff in picasso really is not that kind tho, the young lady working there often doesnt give a sht and ignores customers. I really cant understand how people with the worlds greatest job act like that, like what else do you want mate im working 8-5 and i can not just roll up spliffs for morning tea. :lol:

CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

ShakeTheBud wrote:
twinkles wrote:Long story why I ended here, but I did. In probably close to 50 visits to Amsterdam, I have never encountered more rude staff.
The staff in picasso really is not that kind tho, the young lady working there often doesnt give a sht and ignores customers. I really cant understand how people with the worlds greatest job act like that, like what else do you want mate im working 8-5 and i can not just roll up spliffs for morning tea. :lol:
Feel a bit back and forth on this one as we have both spend enough time in shops, talked to plenty a tender (and manager and even an odd owner) of shops and worked our share in various parts of the service industry, to know that dealing with all types of “bad” customers on a daily basis can be a bit of a pain.

That being said budtending is quite possibly number one on the list of dream jobs for stoners, and in many respects rightfully so, and there are precious few of these jobs (and the shops that offer them) left, so if you can’t deal with it you might want to get another job and stop having such a bitchy attitude.

You do sadly in some place encounter such attitudes and receive sub-par treatment more as a rule than as an exception. We didn’t get that at Picasso this summer, the young dutch female bt was quite friendly to us, but we did get an almost criminally bad flushed kosher kush here. The maroc cream or whatever their top hash was called was reasonable, if maybe priced a euro too high.

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

ShakeTheBud wrote:
Hmmm greatest job from a superficial stoner glance perhaps – but as CC touched on you have to deal with a lot of troublesome customer types, a lot of indecision and aside from keeping your cashflow on point, you have to weigh out your stock often when you change shift, thus your accountable for two things of value not just one. Not a good time to be super-stoned, I actually recently did a trial-shift at a busy Mokum-CS in my search for new employment. It was a good experience, but the whole time I surprisingly found that I had not even the slightest interest in getting, in the name of work-place functionality; that said I did catch myself on numerous occasions drooling over the restock, when I was topping off the supply each time. Add on top of that, budtending is wage-work, I mean I'm not that much of a money-hungry yank, but Mokum ain't cheap!

In the end, my brief experience was pretty interesting, and fun. Not sure if I could do it super long-term – and for right now I can't because of a few certain work-restrictions. I'm just trying to offer a first-hand insight about the pros and cons though, vis-a-vis my own personal experience!
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Came here because nothing else was open; I'd been once for the same reason, in 2011, and remembered it as a place with four floors, a massive key to the loo at the top and indifferent product. The key is now a normal one; my massive suitcase must have caused me to misremember the flights, as there is only a first floor smoking area and a loo above that. The weed is as indifferent as I recall it, though, with uninformative names like 'Damnation' -- if you ask, you're told it's 70% sativa and 30% indica, or whatever. At least it's not actually bad, if needs must.

The comments about rudeness -- found everyone quite pleasant when I arrived, thought of staying on the ground floor but decided to go upstairs for whatever reason. When I brought my cup down on the way out, I was about to roll a tobacco cigarette for the road, as I generally do, while making some comment about appreciating the civilised atmosphere of whatever establishment I'm in, with coffee and a smoke without all the hassle of home. But the budtender said, 'Alstublieft -- tot ziens' with such abruptness that I decided not to say anything. At the time I thought I'd gone wrong somewhere, and wondered whether I should have been more sociable and stayed downstairs, but it quite probably had nothing to do with me at all, nor was it particularly unfriendly. Just a bit brusque for anglophone ears.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I am not the biggest fan of their wares but their Caramello (12€/g) was pretty nice last week.

Caramello (12€/g) - The dealer showed me a nice looking egg of that "Caramello". Pretty dark brownish hash. Smells and burns very clean. A little sticky but not as many new school hashes around... the hash didn´t stick so extreme to the baggy... tasted like a classic import hash :D Good quality and again a example for a good quality hash that comes from a shop wich haven´t the best reviews. Sometimes it´s worth to fly in and just look what they have to offer... but there is still the risk to get some bad stuff :x so examine before buying :mrgreen:

By the way the only complaint is the price of the Caramello... could be 2-3€ cheaper :wink:
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

FYI Apparently this place had a name change to "Amsterdamned"
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

sNc wrote: Fri 15th Dec 2017 05:09 pm FYI Apparently this place had a name change to "Amsterdamned"
It certainly has mate. The Amsterdamned logo is the exact same as the logo for the Amsterdamned bar next to Coffeeshop Get Down To It.
sit back, blaze ganja and chill
Fire

Re: Amsterdamned (formerly Picasso)

Post by Fire »

Had their sticky fingers, 13 e i think. Nice smoke, rolled it up in the top floor by the windows for some peoplewatching. I usually do some research on shops n strains but found this place just strolling around high as f**k :D
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

the change of name (and im assuming owner) has done this place a world of good, i dropped in a few times as a early morning spot and always found it to be very meh, but now they have a better menu, i only dropped in briefly for a coffee and a smoke on my way to the airport very early morning. although the lady working wasnt telling us her life story or asking us to spend xmas with her family she was accommodating and did wish us a pleasant flight

will return for a further inspection.
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
jim n soj

Post by jim n soj »

Does this place have a smoking area for tobacco mix?
djreign

Post by djreign »

jim n soj wrote: Sat 24th Feb 2018 04:15 pm Does this place have a smoking area for tobacco mix?
Keep your tobacco under the table and you're fine to smoke in there. I've never had an issue.

Great little shop, enjoy :D
jim n soj

Post by jim n soj »

Thank you going give the place a try.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

As I'm always on the lookout for an early opener, I thought I'd give this place another try since the name and ownership change. Walked in to see an unexciting menu, and a sign announcing that use of the toilet would cost 50 cents. The last time I ventured up all those stairs to the lav there were instructions not to shit in it, but charging customers an additional fee for its use is taking the piss. Literally. So I didn't stay or buy.
andyc

Post by andyc »

the only coffeeshop i've ever been in that insisted i buy weed from them to sit inside.
i didn't buy anything and won't be back
WLow

Post by WLow »

Just saw that they share similar menu then Greenplace now, but they kept the shop name.
Wonder what will happen to Popeye that is on the same street, heard it was closed for some weeks now.