Bushdocter

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Bushdocter

I like Bushdocter
58%
I don't like Bushdocter
42%

Total votes: 117

MeanGreenMartian

Re: Bushdocter

Post by MeanGreenMartian »

Went there after seeing they stock Dna genetics gear, looked at a few samples but nothing smelled too great. You have to buy 2 grams minimum for weed which is dumb. Asked Budtender if he could do one but said no. Decor is pretty crappy inside and the place has an obnoxious red light district type neon sign out front. Might go back for their entry but Prob not.

Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

walked by the shop and stopped to have a look if they have some decent ice hash on the menu...
They had only one type... don´t remember the name. 60€/g pretty hard and no smell... so I left :roll:
Wilbur

Post by Wilbur »

A raunchier, bare knuckles kinda place (visited only the shop at the Torbeckeplein location, not the smokerooms). All their weed comes pre-bagged, buds mostly torn appart to fill the 20 euro bags. Had a selection of hazes and kushes from here at two sampling rounds and was overal dissapointed by their offerings. Tried their Purple Kush as recommended by the tender (the OG was gone). Though a quite potent smoke it tasted a bit rough, reminiscent of "fleurs de matras" - quite earthy and a bit dull, lacking the spice to pump things up.. Worse is this could be the description for most of their "buds", not lacking in potency but far under par tastewise. Haven't tried their melts as offered at 90 euro / gram but those are supposed to be good (grapevine talk). Given it the benefit of the doubt after my first visit but certainly not to return a third time (have to admit they had some quite nice Sour Tangie on my 2nd round). Far better shops are available in their price category, so adviced to go elsewhere!
swizzy

Post by swizzy »

Wilbur wrote:A raunchier, bare knuckles kinda place (visited only the shop at the Torbeckeplein location, not the smokerooms). All their weed comes pre-bagged, buds mostly torn appart to fill the 20 euro bags. Had a selection of hazes and kushes from here at two sampling rounds and was overal dissapointed by their offerings.Had some of their Purple Kush as recommended by the tender (the OG was gone). Though a quite potent smoke it tasted a bit rough, reminiscent of "fleurs de matras" - quite earthy and a bit dull, lacking the spice to pump things up.. Worse is this could be the description for most of their "buds", not lacking in potency but far under par tastewise. Haven't tried their melts as offered at 90 euro / gram but those are supposed to be good (grapevine talk). Given it the benefit of the doubt after my first visit but certainly not to return a third time (have to admit they had some quite nice Sour Tangie on my 2nd round). Far better shops are available in their price category, so adviced to go elsewhere!

id pay a person just not to go in there.

about 6 years ago they had a fantastic batch of Strawberry diesel which smoked amazingly well, taste, smell everything was what you love about smoking weed.

but went back a year later to what we now know to be bushdoctor ohh sorry i meant shrubdoctor :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
trips to Amsterdam 19
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Ok - one off the list then!
I'm loving these review posts Wilbur - they're a lovely read.
swizzy wrote: ohh sorry i meant shrubdoctor :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:lol:
puffpuffgive

Post by puffpuffgive »

They had tangie moonrocks here. Didn't buy cos I don't like tangie that much but they looked good. 50e/g
ik hou van amsterdam
photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/bananaface1000/
PhillB123

Post by PhillB123 »

Came here in September, good outdoor seating, one of the male staff members was super nice, making conversation about football. Tried some Skywalker OG and Purple OG Kush. Quite an expensive menu, lots of organic weed. Purple OG wasn't the best tasting but quite a good high. Skywalker OG felt better, nicer smoke and better high. Had a coffee from here and it was dreadful! Interesting place though, quite a cool decor. :wink:
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Last week:

Looked at 24K and an other hash which name escapes me now. Former one had a decent flowery smell so got me this one. More oily than the Og Kush from Bagheera and similar smelling. Remotely smelt traces of kush and taste was transfered well, also effects were nice enough. Recommended.
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Apparently this will reopen next week with a new name-
"Family First"

Edit* would appear this business has been kept in the family from what I've just been reading..
Bonezy

Post by Bonezy »

Yeah, Re-Opening as Family First.... gonna be run by the son of the Man who set up the Bushdoctor from what I’ve read... who said that since his father died his hard work was destroyed. So will open in his memory and recreate his vision.

Hopefully that means another good addition on its way. 8)
Bonezy

Post by Bonezy »

Update to anyone who cares. The opening of Family First (formally Bushdocter on Amstel) is this Tuesday 30th Jan.

Will check it out n see what it’s saying on my visit 😎
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Sounds good bonezy, please report back what you find :D
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Bonezy

Post by Bonezy »

Popped in on their opening day. Tried some of their Blue Cheese and Enemy of the State.... both nice clean smokes.

Small limited menu at moment but quality of bud was nice.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Menu seems to be much bigger now (Family First). The Gorilla Glue hash (10€/g) was not in stock atm so the super friendly budtender showed us four weed strains and all looked and smelled nice :mrgreen: We didn´t buy any but it seems to be a shop which takes care of the quality. Before we left the shop the dealer showed us his favorite smoke Twister OG (if I remember right) which looked/smelled also very nice... I will come back for sure to try some of their wares :mrgreen:
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Do they have a dog?