Upstairs (Eindhoven)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Upstairs Coffeeshop in Eindhoven

Thumbs up for Upstairs/Begijntjes
100%
Noooo... run away screaming from Upstairs/Begijntjes
No votes

Total votes: 3

Jasmeena

Upstairs (Eindhoven)

Post by Jasmeena »

ACD Page: Upstairs (above Cafe 't Begijntje)

Up a narrow flight of (wooden) stairs and left to the selling counter, Upstairs has an enclosed area in which to smoke, and downstairs to the left of the stairs, is a pub (Begijntjes) where you can smoke tobacco and weed and sit at the bar and have a beer (or whatever).

I cannot rate this place highly enough.. today I went there for my usual (white widow 1.5g/12e bag & this time to try their gruis 2g/10e) and came away with a menu (they didn't have copies so he gave me one of their menus) and a freebie lighter. I also asked if I could choose my bag of ww.. and this was no probs either.. (and all conducted in English with a budtender who was both friendly and helpful).

"Don't step on the grass... smoke it!!"
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Can you scan or take a picture of the menu for Coffeeshop Frog Hollow?
The tBegijntjes I have is two years old.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Went to this c/s in October 09 , great wee shop i only found it on my last night :oops: and i only found it by noticing the graffiti by the doorway from a pic on this site (from Kadysmums trip report) ! I found this to have the best looking weed in Eindhoven ! full buds rather than the shake from other shops ! I shall defo return :wink:
-
Jasmeena

Post by Jasmeena »

FlyByNite wrote:Can you scan or take a picture of the menu for Coffeeshop Frog Hollow?
Will do.. am using it as a mouse-mat currently ;)
Jasmeena

Post by Jasmeena »

Ash333

Post by Ash333 »

FlyByNite wrote:Can you scan or take a picture of the menu for Coffeeshop Frog Hollow?
The tBegijntjes I have is two years old.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
This is the same coffeeshop that I sent you menus for a few months ago. Called Upstairs/Tea Room. The bar below is tBegijntjes.
No Victim? No Crime.
Ash333

Post by Ash333 »

be careful with the Gruis here, I had 4 grams that was contaminated and had to be chucked.
No Victim? No Crime.
Jasmeena

Post by Jasmeena »

Ash333 wrote:be careful with the Gruis here, I had 4 grams that was contaminated and had to be chucked.
How do you mean?
Ash333

Post by Ash333 »

Jasmeena wrote:
Ash333 wrote:be careful with the Gruis here, I had 4 grams that was contaminated and had to be chucked.
How do you mean?
I dont know what it was contaminated with, but the joint sparked and hissed and popped as it burned... unfortunately I was out of Eindhoven by when I found this out.
No Victim? No Crime.
colinzeal

Post by colinzeal »

got the twelve euro bag of jack herer. not the best jack i've smoked i'm afraid but a nice little place to chill, friendly relaxed people and you can smoke spliffs in the bar downstairs, i didn't as i don't drink but the people in the window seats were tokin' i'm sure.
Jasmeena

Post by Jasmeena »

Spent an hour in there today.. they are renovating the upstairs part and already it's so much lighter and well spaced out.

We tried their chocolate space cakes for 5 euro each but didn't notice any affects from it..

Also had a WW XL joint..
joeuk

Post by joeuk »

this place will be better once decorated dont know how long it will take thou cause there servin customers decoratin and gettin stoned all at the same time
Jesscass

Re: Upstairs (Eindhoven)

Post by Jesscass »

Last week:

I wanted to check out their hash menu since it's been a while, too. They also had Cheese wiet but it smelt embarassing so refused. Og Kush Block(moroccan, 11€/g)was crossed out on the menu and therefore was shown Choco Block(moroccan, 11€/g)which was more of a dark moroccan.
Also sort of dark smelling if that makes sense ; indeed a bit like cacao but more like leather and those type of terpenes I'm used to when it comes to Nepalese and Indian hash. More of a very dark moroccan hashish by the way.
Same taste also was there and effects were strong enough. Closely second best hash of this trip in my book ; best when it comes to price-/performance ratio though :) .
(from: posting.php?mode=edit&f=10&p=404571 )
Marok21

Re: Upstairs (Eindhoven)

Post by Marok21 »

After reading some older pretty good reviews about that shop I decide to check it out myself. First time for me here and damn that place is not easy to find... if I remember right there was not even a sign that says coffeeshop :lol: . There is just a small entrance next to a bar with a bouncer in front of it who check the id cards of the customers. The coffeshop itself is "upstairs" :roll: and looked like they are doing some renovations there atm while I only was there for a buy and fly...

I took a look on their hash menu which didn´t looked spectacular but they had Caramello (11€/g) and Crystal (10€/g) on offer which looked both pretty decent. Both more darker oily moroccans but that Caramello looked a bit brighter and fresher so I went for it. Also the budtender prefered the Caramello because of it´s sweeter taste.

Caramello (11€/g) - Pretty dark oily sticky "fresh" hash like I expect from a hash called like this but it isn´t ultra sticky and it´s still possible to work with it even with that high temperatures atm. Bubbles nicely when touched by the flame also the smell is very natural to my nose kind of sweet/hashy and reminds also more of a classic import than newschool stuff. While it´s probably made of foreign genetics of course... that one gaves me a nice smooth high/stoned effect that was strong enough for me. Overall I am pretty happy with that hash :D smokes/ smells pretty clean and compared to other hashes of that type that I smoked in the last year that one was pretty good quality :mrgreen:

I also spotted some Sour Diesel (16€/g) weed on their menu but didn´t tried... I will come back again when I am in Eindhoven :D