MeetPoint, Eindhoven

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like MeetPoint, Eindhoven?

Yes, I do like MeetPoint.
100%
No, I don't like MeetPoint.
No votes

Total votes: 5

Jasmeena

MeetPoint, Eindhoven

Post by Jasmeena »

ACD MeetPoint

On Edisonstraat, this coffeeshop is just a block from the window district of Eindhoven (which is now pedestrianised).

Opening hours: 08:00 to midnight every day.

It has booths and tables for sitting at.. and the smoking area isn't separated from the rest of the selling area.

I noticed they had Amnesia, NXL, Haze and White Widow amongst others. They also sell pre-rolled joints. 0.8g for 8e, 1.8g for 15e.

I also have a picture of the front of it.. will post that shortly.

They also have a website: www.meetpoint.org though I notice that this is still under construction.

Update: what an amazingly friendly place, I'm going to get all my weed from here in future! White widow is amazing and so is amnesia. The budtender said not to bother with NXL (when we asked).. it was too light.
Last edited by Jasmeena on Sat 13th Feb 2010 04:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Don't step on the grass... smoke it!!"
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

I liked Meeting Point , i liked the modern comfortable interior , small neighborhood shop i tried Amnesia €10 , my notes say "nice pungent smell" lol :wink:
Last edited by Cisco on Sun 24th Jul 2016 09:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

I've been a fan of Meet Point for some time. Love the ladies.
I stopped by in August 09 and they were closed. Others have commented the same as well. Haven't bothered to search for reasons why, figured they were renovating and taking a holiday(?).

Peace.
Jasmeena

Post by Jasmeena »

Actually smoked in there a couple of times.. once during a Saturday they were very busy and not checking ID but everyone was cool about it. They weren't so cool when it was empty on the monday... but still a nice atmosphere...

Nice drinks for sale but they use the non-tobacco mixture for their pre-rolls.
"Don't step on the grass... smoke it!!"
Marok21

Re: MeetPoint, Eindhoven

Post by Marok21 »

Was here for the first time after visiting Coffeeshop the Wall just a few meters away... when I reached the shop it looked closed (no lights inside the front of the shop) but I noticed a letter on a window that the entrance is around the corner...
just in that moment a very friendly "security guy" come to me and asked if I am there for the shop... yes :D

On Google Maps it says that the shop is closed on the weekends (so I was not sure if it´s open)... the opening times are from Mon - Sun from 9.00-24.00 if I remember right.

The Shop itself is pretty "big" with a bar in the middle like in a Pub and nice comfy seats. Much better to chill and smoke a Joint than at "the Wall". The menu wasn´t that special with that usual strains like Amnesia, Santa Maria, WW... on the hashside they had Crystal and Caramello Gold. They sell pre-packed... small (7,50€) and big bags (15€)...
I asked the very friendly female dealer if I can take a look at the Amnesia... nice looking buds full of crystals :D also better flushed than the last batch I got from Coffeeshop Pink a few months ago. Didn´t remember the price or better how much it was but I bought a small bag and quantity was ok. Smoked two small Joints of it and it did the trick very well :mrgreen:
Furthermore I tried their Crystal hash (15€/1,5g or 1,8g not sure :lol: ). Nice blonde smelly moroccan hash :D it smells very yummy but didn´t smoked it yet.

Overall I am surprised of the pretty good quality here... there is alot of bad weed going around in many coffeeshops especially in that area (also near belgish and german border) but I can´t complain here... not outstanding but good Amnesia... also the hash looks very good.
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

@Marok21

+1

Compared to the Wall a bigger place, especially after renovation! Over the years have been here every now and then; wiet was good enough and also remember tried their best 'Caramello Gold' hashwise(which budtenderness recommended last May also). Bit too much of a locals place though.
Like The Wall it's quite near the local red light district.
Would give The Cool a go as they had a refurbishing as well as reported and I'd prefer hanging there anyway(before it was more of a basic place). Also friendlier(while still pretty local)in my experience if that's important.
Enjoy and thanks for your reviews!
aVeryOldLady

Post by aVeryOldLady »

Jesscass wrote:Bit too much of a locals place though.
What do you mean by that?
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Jesscass wrote:Bit too much of a locals place though.
&
Jesscass wrote: Also friendlier(while still pretty local)in my experience if that's important.
is a somewhat answer to your question(always love to quote myself, cheers). Analogy: imagine you're stepping into some random 'locals pub' in a random local neighborhood not aimed at tourists at all with lots of regulars and you're the new customer ; there is a tendency for this very feeling then. Some might feel uncomfortable while I don't care too much. Nuff said!
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Jesscass wrote:@Marok21

+1

Compared to the Wall a bigger place, especially after renovation! Over the years have been here every now and then; wiet was good enough and also remember tried their best 'Caramello Gold' hashwise(which budtenderness recommended last May also). Bit too much of a locals place though.
Like The Wall it's quite near the local red light district.
Would give The Cool a go as they had a refurbishing as well as reported and I'd prefer hanging there anyway(before it was more of a basic place). Also friendlier(while still pretty local)in my experience if that's important.
Enjoy and thanks for your reviews!
Yeah I think I will check out the Cool next time when I am there. I was there years ago (before the renovation) and it was completly empty... like you said it was a very basic place with a basic menu...

I liked the time at Meetpoint. Yes it is a local place... I didn´t saw any tourist in there... but the staff was very friendly and I had a good feeling in there. Usually I like the atmosphere of "local" places very much... ok sometimes some customers look at you like hey what are you doing here but when you don´t act like a "drug tourist" and be friendly you can have nice conversations here.
dwiggins

Post by dwiggins »

Nice place. Specially the charming budtender.
ID check at door. Reminded me of Los Angeles CA xc w/o weapons here.
Non-threatening clientele ;-)
Appeared welcoming.
Wished I could've stayed to chat.
Was there on a sunny mid July 2016 at 1PM.
Can't post when I'm high, can't post when I'm not. This happens when I do.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Was here the other day, security guy was amused at my id, perhaps not being German/Belgian was a surprise :lol: though I thought with the Airport Eindhoven might have a more mixed clientele than the rest of the south.

I got the Amnesia, price I can't recall and it was good quality. Menu was very uninspiring but the place is really nice, comfy seats, like a slightly more fancy bar type of decor. There were people there playing cards and chess so seems you can chill quite comfortably for a while.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

The menu was still very limited with the usual strains on it as on my last visit. I went for their Amnesia weed which was of pretty good quality. Well nothing special but a good batch.

After a while I noticed that they have another counter in the back with some glass jars with weed in it. Why I didn´t see that earlier before I bought some Amnesia :lol: In the back they sell some "special" strains... I spotted some "Bubble Haze", "Citric Haze", a OG cross and 2 other strains. All looked pretty good in the jars :D No prepacked here... they weight it in front of you. The locals I talk to were pretty happy with the weed quality of that strains. Unfortunately I had enough weed/hash on me at that time so I didn´t tried.

The Coffeeshop itself is still very nice and comfortable. Much more crowded than the last times I was there but still pretty relaxed in there. It´s allowed to smoke there and the staff is super friendly especially the girl with the blue hairs :D

By the way when I was there it seems like that there was a new Covid19 rules annouced on that day for the coffeeshops or maybe for all horeca. So after a while they asked me for my name and my date of birth... they write it down on a small letter but it looked like they do it for the first time today and they didn´t really know what dates they have to write down.
CruMember

Post by CruMember »

Marok21 wrote: Sun 16th Aug 2020 10:08 am By the way when I was there it seems like that there was a new Covid19 rules annouced on that day for the coffeeshops or maybe for all horeca. So after a while they asked me for my name and my date of birth... they write it down on a small letter but it looked like they do it for the first time today and they didn´t really know what dates they have to write down.
Hoi Marok21!
Since Aug 10th the NL horeca is asked to take their guests contact data (name, phone no., adress etc.), so now same principle as in Duitsland...
...hm, wonder if CS guests like to give/leave their data!? Or, after enjoying your first doobie in the shop you can write "Heaven" as your preferred home adress!? :lol:
However, as always, Gen!et ervan & Stay healthy :wink:
PS: many thx for your multiple great reviews! :thumbup:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

CruMember wrote: Sun 16th Aug 2020 12:54 pm Hoi Marok21!
Since Aug 10th the NL horeca is asked to take their guests contact data (name, phone no., adress etc.), so now same principle as in Duitsland...
...hm, wonder if CS guests like to give/leave their data!? Or, after enjoying your first doobie in the shop you can write "Heaven" as your preferred home adress!?
However, as always, Gen!et ervan & Stay healthy
PS: many thx for your multiple great reviews!
Hey :D ah thanks for the info 8) in germany they had already problems with restaurants where some people got infected with covid19 but it wasn´t possible to inform the people because many don´t give their real name... in germany that is a "criminal act" to give the wrong name and you got punished when they get you... on the other side many have doubts whether the given data is really safe and will not be used for other purposes. In my opinion it´s not a bad idea but somehow it doesn't feel good to give my data :?
MrKushPuffer

Post by MrKushPuffer »

This shit is bullshit! I will never ever give my data to anyone in a restaurant or a coffeeshop! This is so stupid, u dont know where the data goes