Rookies Bar

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Rookies

I like Rookies
93%
I don't like Rookies
7%

Total votes: 94

dizz hizz

Post by dizz hizz »

was in there from july 7-10 and definitely had no problems as they installed a big glass partition/divider between the bar and the lounge.

petewithers

Post by petewithers »

dizz hizz wrote:was in there from july 7-10 and definitely had no problems as they installed a big glass partition/divider between the bar and the lounge.
So does this mean you can smoke tobacco in one section? I know you can still smoke weed on its own in coffeeshops, but have some also got specific areas where tobacco is allowed? Advice would be much appreciated - going again this coming Friday!
dizz hizz

Post by dizz hizz »

yes, you can smoke tobacco in the "tobacco" side of the shop, which is seperated through a glass partition running through the shop.

there is also some seating in the front as well to get your nicotine fix as well.

definitely smoker friendly in there. despite a limited menu, its still a great place to smoke freely!
petewithers

Post by petewithers »

Great, thanks for that!

Anyone know if anywhere else has adopted this system?
bigjohn

Post by bigjohn »

I made a special trip down to rookies, wot a dissapointment :cry: It was prob the best place in Dam for a beer & a smoke. When they took the beer out they took its atmosphere.
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

bigjohn wrote:I made a special trip down to rookies, wot a dissapointment :cry: It was prob the best place in Dam for a beer & a smoke. When they took the beer out they took its atmosphere.
like alot of CS aint the same since beer been oout and now the tobaco law aint gonna help :cry:
darkglobe

Post by darkglobe »

Adamster wrote:
bigjohn wrote:I made a special trip down to rookies, wot a dissapointment :cry: It was prob the best place in Dam for a beer & a smoke. When they took the beer out they took its atmosphere.
like alot of CS aint the same since beer been oout and now the tobaco law aint gonna help :cry:
Agreed...Ireally missed The Doors last time,my usual afternoon spot,having a few beers and hearing some good sounds... :(
howden01

Post by howden01 »

yeah rookies coffeeshop is good too got some new stuff on the menu called santa maria really nice smoke also got some laughing buddha too that was good too also tried a bit ice-o-lator very strong stuff bit expensive too :D
highoctane

Post by highoctane »

Had a nice time in Rookies this week. Didn't buy any pot from them but popped in for an afternoon smoke and a Coke. The place was mostly empty and the music was good. Definitely people in there rolling tobacco with their pot---didn't seem to be a problem in any of the coffeeshops I hit.
Couch

Post by Couch »

Was here last night. Got some Romulan (8.20E). Nice place. Finally somewhere that had some decent music playing!!!

They have divided the shop and created a big tobabcco smoking area. A little stuffy in there but otherwise very nice.

Had some Romulan...good starter herb. Not too strong, but smelled very nice, and tasted good, and did the trick.

Edit: Also tried the Amnesia Haze - pow! That was some powerful stuff! Spendy at around 14E/gram, but strong enough to justify the cost I thought.
Last edited by Couch on Mon 27th Apr 2009 06:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Couch wrote:Was here last night. Got some Romulan (8.20E). Nice place. Finally somewhere that had some decent music playing!!!

They have divided the shop and created a big tobabcco smoking area. A little stuffy in there but otherwise very nice.

Had some Romulan...good starter herb. Not too strong, but smelled very nice, and tasted good, and did the trick.
i love rookies, not necessarily for the weed but the hotel is great, ive stayed there many times... im checking in there around noon on the 21st, mebbe ill see you guys along your mini crawl (if you stop there) before the meet at Basjoe that nite ;)

counting it down...

BlueBerry
titus wong

some smoker-friendly bars

Post by titus wong »

axeman9 wrote:
Themindwanders wrote:There are loads of smoker friendly bars so look harder

Could you list a few bars that allow tobacco then? Obviously not on this thread. 8)

Cheers
Off the top of my head:

Next to Homegrown Fantasy: Tetra

Next to 420 Cafe (de Kuil): Can't remember the name save that it was a particularly nondescript sports bar. The Jug? The Mug? I'm sure the de Kuil folks will know.

On the Niewendijk: Wonder Bar -- love this little gem of a spot, particularly with the disco ball swirling madly at night. Trippy. And a hot chick tending bar while I was there.

Check out the Barney's enclave on Haarlemmerstraat -- I know they serve alcohol in at least 2 of those joints.

The Hunter's section of Warmoestraat can also accomodate you -- the main bar is located next to the coffeeshop.

If you're really jonesing, just walk into any coffeeshop and ask where the nearest smoker-friendly bar is located.
titus wong

Post by titus wong »

Sorry Axeman -- just re-read yer query and realized you're asking about tobacco. You may know that the Dutch recently banned tobacco smoking from bars, and no, I know of no bars that are tobacco smoker-friendly.

Sorry for the mixup but when you're completely mashed and browsing this forum at 4 in the morning, these sort of things tend to occur.
Mr Oranje

Post by Mr Oranje »

Munch Bunch Summary

As you enter this coffee shop it is noticeably lacking natural light and seems a little dark mainly due to the heavy use of wooden furniture. The boys went to get drinks at the well staffed bar, whilst I reserved a table out the back. There was an old school disco ball suspended from the ceiling dazzling away and the Gorillaz was been played on the speaker system. It sounded pretty awesome whilst under the influence. The music was quite varied but overall had an alternative vibe that pleased us greatly. The ‘Fridge’ and ‘Pacman’ were at the bar for a good ten minutes, because the staff took just that long to make three smoothies. The loud blenders disturbed the music and this was rather irritating. However, the drinks were home made and looked gorgeous, possibly worth the wait in the end. The bar staff seemed uninterested in us as customers and even with their work itself. One good factor was that they had many board games available we chose the ancient game of backgammon to play whilst we enjoyed our drinks and selected drugs. The atmosphere was happy with people laughing and enjoying the music and games.

As a whole this was generally a moderate coffee shop with the cost of drugs, food and drink been quite reasonable. The variety of drugs on offer was above standard though which scored some extra points. Food availability was poor from what we could see and there were only snacks available behind the bar. Although board games and music were available there was nothing else there.

Overall, a decent shop with a unique style. We may of awarded an extra point due to us finding a spiff holding container on a seat, which made us leave on a positive high.

Mr Oranje
:twisted:

More at [Amsterdam Rated]
http://www.CoffeeshopsRated.com - We have rated over 50 Coffeeshops now!!
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

want a good patio and not too busy a scene in front? hit this place at night and you will enjoy a peaceful people watching, stoner patio chill, complete with a fanstastic hot chocolate with whip cream. weed selection was nothing spectacular, fairly basic strains. great place. love it.
Amsterdam dreaming.............