Rookies Bar

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Rookies

I like Rookies
93%
I don't like Rookies
7%

Total votes: 94

angry pirate

Post by angry pirate »

glad yer liked it TC, was my first stop last month, as we stayed in their hotel, it's a nice lil' space, as blueberry said above. worth a stay, nice smoking area/garden out back.
only problem is Korte Leidsedwarstraat fuckin stinks at 9am on a sunday mornin.
:?

ACD Fantasy League 16/17 - 276297-87189.

Free to join :)
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

This place is great and has always been one of my favorite places to hang out, its huge with a long bar and now a seperate tobacco smoking area. All the guys that work there are totally cool and the hotel upstairs is awesome as well, nice rooms (all private facilities) and cheap rates.

HIGHLY recommended.

Check out these vids i made in April 2009 at Rookies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT0SjUjL ... annel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8KMn2Pf ... annel_page

Plus there are more Amsterdam coffeeshops vids if you go my homepage...

Enjoy!

BlueBerry
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Take a little stroll and make sure you hit this shop.

Smoke the house blend, which is called Rohisa or Rosiha... 10.40e for a 1 gram, which is a great price.

The patio is awesome too... and the service was great as were the edibles and drinkables.

We almost booked them for our second trip, but ended up elsewhere... but in the future, Rookies will always be on the list!
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

I was in here back in november,I bought a spacecake & smoked some of my own on my way to bulldog palace to watch some footy.
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

last time here was very smoky in tha Shop so we didnt stay

my first time to holland this place was one of 2 places were we would meet
and show and tell « want we got during tha day ;)
Boner

Post by Boner »

Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
cheese

Post by cheese »

cool video. the rennovations look nice!
' Smoke em if you got em '
Adarling

Post by Adarling »

ive been to rookies every time ive been to amsterdam and with good reason! Ive purchased northern lights from here which was a lovely smoke, but ive been here three nights in a row, without buying weed from there, and had a wicked time, friendly staff, good atmosphere. visit rookies.
wietroker

Post by wietroker »

Last night I was in need of a weed refill and, having been disappointed by Mello Yello's SSH, I decided to check out Rookies again, having bought some Cheese there last week too.

Bought some SSH, 12 Euro per gram. Was gonna get something for 10 but I was eager to try my favourite strain.

Nice nugs, not as dense as they could be. Signature smell of SSH. Ground up, lots of crystals and very fresh and intense aroma.

Smoked it and it was great, buzzing nicely. I had this also as my last J of the night last night, I have to say: this stuff ranks up there with Hunters SSH (my usual favourite) in terms of strength and quality. I need to compare them closely at some time.

Also was looking for a strong indica/hybrid. Found the Orange bud for a reasonable 9.10. Would definitely buy it again, excellent smoke for a good price.

As for the place, I like it. Yeah it's a tourist joint but I don't have a problem with that as long as it isn't packed. Good thing is that this end of the street (away from Leidseplein) does not get very busy, for some reason people don't make it further than the nearby intersection. Plenty of space inside, good tunes, good vibes. Good weed and good place - will visit more often methinks.
Boner

Post by Boner »

wietroker wrote:Also was looking for a strong indica/hybrid. Found the Orange bud for a reasonable 9.10. Would definitely buy it again, excellent smoke for a good price.
Try Basjoes for OB, cheaper at about €7 a gram as well.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
SenorPolloFrito

Post by SenorPolloFrito »

I was here on Wednesday and bought a gram of the Buddha Cheese. Good taste and got me high, but of all the buds i've ever bought in the Dam, this was the first with seeds. Not big ol honkers, the super tiny white ones, but still a bummer.
wietroker

Post by wietroker »

I recently bought some Rookies Special and Buddha Cheese.

The special....ain't nuthin special. Smells and smokes like the orange bud they sell, maybe not as good if anything! High volume/fluffy buds.

The Buddha Cheese is great stuff. No seeds in mine. Smells, looks (that lovely bright green colour) and tastes like Buddha Cheese I have had elsewhere. Good smoke.
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Just noticed they had Romulan on the menu.Had it in the uk years ago but still remember the pungent tatse and heavy stone. Was/is it any good from here?
http://www.youtube.com/user/HinduDeathCabbage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wietroker

Post by wietroker »

pengaldinho wrote:Just noticed they had Romulan on the menu.Had it in the uk years ago but still remember the pungent tatse and heavy stone. Was/is it any good from here?
Didn't notice it last time I was there. Will check it out. I generally go for their 4 star weeds (in terms of strength) as I am often disappointed by lower strength weeds for not getting me stoned! I guess its just tolerance. But I will check out Romulan because I am a big Star Trek fan too! :D
cdiddy

Post by cdiddy »

Unfortunately, the Romulan was sold out and off the menu when i stopped by a few days ago, or as the bud guy put it "It went up in smoke."